Salvia Divinorum Quid Method

The different ways to consume/use Salvia divinorum and other entheogens, personal rituals, and trip reports.

Salvia Divinorum Quid Method

Postby SF » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:30 pm

I have tried Salvia Using the quid method with fresh leaves.
It was a very good experience i prefer it over smoking leaves/extracts.

Has anyone else tried fresh leaves ?
If interested there is a post about this on the main site.
SF
Site Admin

Re: Salvia Divinorum Quid Method

Postby unstable » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:34 pm

I am currently trying to cultivate salvia in order to try the traditional quid method. If you look at ayahuasca, somehow the shamans discovered or knew that the brew would not be effective in the guy without an mao inhibitor, which is naturally found in the p. viridi that is added to the brew. It's almost as if these individuals had access to knowledge and understanding that they should not have.

In any case, I feel it's best to continue following the path that has been laid down by those much more knowledgeable than I...chew the quid, don't smoke it.

My personal experiences are very limited. I used a few tinctures that I acquired from Siebert. I would take the tincture, sit down and meditate. I feel that I sat with too much of an expectation of what might or could happen. Instead of turning myself over and relaxing my mind, I found myself waiting for something to happen, which was quite distracting and counter-productive. At the height, I felt as though my head had been turned by a gentle external force, and when I finally opened my eyes my head was facing sideways instead of forward.

I do look forward to visiting with the goddess and learning from her.
...She said all energy is only borrowed, and one day you have to give it back.
unstable

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:19 pm

I don't think the use of Ayahuasca came about by divine knowledge, considering how much time humans have had to mix herbs. However, I'd like to correct you: Pscyhotria Viridis is the plant that contains DMT, and Banisteriopsis Caapi contains the three MAOIs.

Psychotria Viridis grows around 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21C). (Edited No Links To Sales Sites Please)

A note about Salvinorin A's effects: I've been theorizing that the rotational effects that we feel are mix between the Earth's rotation and its gravitational force. However, with visuals, there is also the potential for the "change in frequency" pseudoscience that many of us enjoy (changing the channel on our internal TVs...).
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby unstable » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:47 pm

ulmdorgr,

thanks for the correction, at least you got the jist of what I was trying to say.
I haven't had any experience with ayahuasca, but I have read a few books and of course, what is on the internet. In one (or possible both) of Dr. Rick Strassman's books on DMT, he suggests that the MAOI inclusion in the brew comes from divine knowledge of some sort...I didn't make it up or suggest it. :)

I know that man has had an opportunity to experiment with and mix herbs...but how did this all transpire? We can speculate that there was a "Mikey" in each tribe or village that "would eat anything" and they'd mix stuff up and have him try it. Imagine though, that pscyhotria viridis was given to Mikey for ingestion...nothing profound would happen right? But mix it with B. Caapi and suddenly it's a whole different story. How or why did the Shaman think that p. viridis was anything worthwhile to begin with? I mean, I could chew dandelions and nothing would happen...if I mix dandelions with B. caapi, I'd imagine that still nothing would happen. I could mix dandelion with nearly anything and there would be no effect. The idea of trial and error by ingestion just seems unlikely to me...yes it's entirely possible, but it kind of boggles my mind that the natives were able to mix two things to make a powerful brew that, each singularly wouldn't have the same effect.
unstable

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:57 pm

I really think that's how it goes down.

First, people figure out which plants are edible, and what preparations are necessary to make them so. That in itself is a daunting task, and requires much experimentation.

Secondly, generations of shamans have probably concocted their own mixes of things - powders, ointments, etc. on a regular basis. Perhaps its even a ritual to do so (like, a coming of age thing). Maybe people were just messing around, like some kids were pretending and said "I'll make a magic potion!" and grabbed some leaves. These are possibilities. How many years have you been alive (don't answer that)? How many opportunities have you had to do things (infinite?)? On the scale of things, I would say this is just another invention (like the wheel).

Or who knows, maybe things were like Avatar (at one with nature) until we started non-polytheistic societies.

But, since I know nothing of these cultures, or where the actual plants reside or once did, this is just an opinion and cannot be debated (only discussed). If you have pertinent info that may change my view of things, please throw me a link!
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby SF » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:05 pm

This is a very interesting subject. I have read that shamans believe there are 2 worlds the one being here in our bodies and the other is the spirit or dream like world where the inside and the outside are the same. That is how they claim to speak to spirits of plants, the ask them questions about what they could be used for and the plant spirit will reply.

I also here that some plant spirits aka teaching plants will teach the apprentice of the plant healing or curing with the same or other plants. They teach what plants are good for what problems, symptoms.

I guess no one will be able to validate this unless they take the 6 months plant diet. And learn from a teaching plant.
maria sabina said mushrooms teach things, only in this spiritual world are things that are normally not accessible, accessible.
they claim to be able to see things on the microscopic level such as dna blood cells virus's and so on.

i find it very interesting to read these claims from many many sources from all around the world in all different types of cultures.

any thoughts ?
SF
Site Admin

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Yeah, I want to read more. I have only seen a tiny bit of Maria Sabina (one of my YouTube favorites has a clip of her chanting... but I can't remember which), and I have never read any documentation about shamans.
Ulmdorgr

Postby unstable » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:51 am

I'm entirely open to discussing this in more depth. Everyone has their beliefs and belief is not necessarily truth. Ultimately there are very few things that I myself really know to be true without question.

ulmdorgr, you may be entirely right...that the discovery of these things is simply a matter of experimentation. I just think that it would be a risky undertaking to try ingesting various plants and then mixing plants with no actual knowledge of what they are doing. Being that a tribe is usually a tight-knit group of individuals, I couldn't imagine asking my friend to try eating a plant "just to see what does or doesn't happen." But again, I do not know...it's a matter of speculation.

I will note that at one point some companies were administering LSD to their engineers in hopes that it would make them more creative. It's also said that the man who discovered "DNA" was on LSD at the time...plus we have a long history of "mind-altering" substances being used in the arts..Hendrix, Santana...many others come to mind.

I guess the big question is whether the "MIND" is simply the result of a biological computer known as "the brain". The brain acting as a computer simply processes, accepts inputs and produces outputs based on some kind of programming, that we might consider "knowledge" one has accrued over their life.
unstable

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:27 am

The only reason I think experimentation is possible is because I do it too.

People have also consumed their own urine (not I) when using entheogens. How did they know that it would work? They probably didn't! But since people have also done it for survival, sexual, ritualistic, and health reasons, I don't doubt that a mix of events could occur (for example, someone consuming Amanita Muscaria and then later performing a ritual, drinking their urine, and prolonging the effects of the trip). What about the events that occur around other people? Like when we dare others to do things, like jump off cliffs and eat animals. People die from this stuff all the time, that's how we figure it out. The Bwiti people who initiate using Iboga profess that people have died during the initiation processes, because the plant is clearly toxic. But they take it anyways. Eating two edible plants at once doesn't seem like a long shot from things like this. Maybe Ayahuasca originally was formed as a tea (maybe it tastes good, or maybe the bad taste was a mystical way of eradicating a part of bad health, like trying to wake someone up in the morning), and then realized to be much more than that.

And for anyone that cares: some info on Francis Crick + LSD: http://www.mayanmajix.com/art1699.html

On the topic of the mind, "the 'MIND' is simply the result of a biological computer known as 'the brain'" versus what? The result of "soul"? Then you would be forced to agree that any animal with a brain had a soul. What about those without a brain (invertebrates)? They are clearly alive (they have a nervous system). I think its better to characterize the mind as simply what you said: a processor. "Mind" is a term for regarding psychology and processing, where "brain" is the physical manifestation of it. It is not the soul.

Maria Sabina
I found this video , but it really needs subtitles. If anyone can help translate it, I would be happy to re-upload the video after getting a transcript.

Edited by SF ( to add youtube simple add [youtube=][/youtube] the put the url into the code like this
[youtube=URL][/youtube]
Ulmdorgr

Postby unstable » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:31 pm

All good points...Experimentation is possible and it is the most scientifically plausible explanation for how ancient peoples discovered what was safe and what was not...aside from perhaps watching other animals, but that isn't fool-proof because humans have no issue with cocoa and it will kill dogs.

You make a very good argument on the mind/brain/soul...this is all speculative but being that the human brain is the most complex thing that we know of, and given that humans have had a drive to "find god" since recorded time, could it not be that our brains serve as a "walkie talkie" of sorts that just needs tuned to the right frequency? (a change of frequency by chanting, meditating, dancing, fasting, praying, etc)

Does this mean that other lifeforms lack spirit? Maybe yes, maybe no. AFAIK, animals are not on a "god quest", therefore we have no reason to believe that they have spirit. On the other hand, maybe they already tuned to the correct frequency.

I don't know...I would hope that salvia is an entheogen that can help me make more sense of myself and what I am doing here and what all of this is about.
unstable

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:25 pm

Yup. Who knows.

I've been thinking a LOT about Salvinorin A's effects. The most scientifically plausible thing I've come up with so far is that it simply allows us to see/perceive reality through a different lens. That is, entheogens do not change what the input is (although Salvia's inhibition of ADH, i.e. diuretic effects/sweating, provides a "new" feeling during a trip, because it didn't occur until the trip began, unless you were significantly nervous or have chronic sweating problems), only the output (what we perceive). So, the frequency metaphor is fairly accurate in that assumption (same input, different rate perhaps), although frequencies as in "changing the channel" is a little more abstract/metaphysical. However, my theory sort of breaks down once you get to the 3rd-5th plateaus and starting seeing completely new realities (visions).

On the topic of perspiration, one time I blacked out from a large dose of 80x (I assume this was the 6th plateau), and I didn't sweat at all.
Ulmdorgr

Postby unstable » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:02 pm

What IS the true nature of reality though?

Some mystics, religious leaders and philosophers have suggested that the reality that we see, touch, smell, hear is merely an illusion. "The Matrix" is really a hodge-podge of many of these ideas.

All speculative, but what if entheogens give us a *truer* vision of reality than seeing it through our own eyes?
unstable

Postby SF » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:15 pm

yes your right its all about the frequency or the resonance of frequency's in other words these chemicals tune your brain/spirit to a frequency that sends your soul into another realm. nicola tesla said that with the right resonance he could split the world in two. He said everything is tuned in nature.

again these are things i read about a lot, doesnt make them true but does make you wonder.
SF
Site Admin

Postby unstable » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:36 am

I'm loving this place...Nikola Tesla was THE MAN. On a side-note, why is it that when you ask just about anyone who the father of electricity was, they will answer "Edison", when Edison was actually a proponent of direct current (DC). Tesla was directly responsible for so much of technology that we utilize today but the man is masked in obscurity...why is that?

Back to the main topic that we hijacked from the "quid method of use".
@SF
Do you think it sends your soul/consciousness whatever to "another realm" or is it possible that your sould exists in these other realms constantly and you are just not able to normally percieve them given the physical sense organs?

Personally I would like to have an experience so utterly profound that it extinguishes any doubt that I have about whether our consciousness is the result of the brain and nothing more or whether our essence is somehow timeless and it carries on. Unfortunately I feel like my motives and expectations sometimes hold me back in my spiritual practice...

There are too many things that do not seem to make sense. From what I understand, when scientists look at these subatomic particles, atoms etc...they are mostly empty, there is nothing there...yet somehow you put a bunch of these together and we live in a solid world. huh? Then the whole double slit experiment, whereby observing something changes the outcome...that puts us inside of the box that we can't get out of to see what the hell is really happening.

Good stuff gentlemen. I hope to learn more, to make sense of all of this...at least for myself. Like Joe Rogan said "remember when you were a kid and you thought there were REAL GROWN UPS? Then you grow up and realize that nobody knows what is REALLY going on. Everybody is just wandering around acting like they know what life is all about."
unstable

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:59 am

Check out Terence's theory, it blew me away:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLFSz5zCs5o
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVaWPdcLLIM
Ulmdorgr

Next

Return to Methods of Use