Got extract but lost starting weight...

The different ways to consume/use Salvia divinorum and other entheogens, personal rituals, and trip reports.

Got extract but lost starting weight...

Postby Dr.Greenthumbs » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:49 pm

A friend of mine extracted a ton of leaves after the fall season a few years back. He did the typical Acetone extraction with Naptha and IPA washes. He has 3 vials of the light green powder. His problem... he has moved since then and lost his notes so he has no clue how many pounds were extracted.

Any clever idea's of how to figure potency?
Dr.Greenthumbs

Re: Got extract but lost starting weight...

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Without knowing the starting mass of the materials, as well as the mass of the materials lost, and the final mass, it is impossible.

Crude extractions like that seem like a waste of time. You might as well consume raw leaf. You have to keep going and acquire crystals to know that you have a relatively pure chemical, or any isolated chemical at all.

http://photos.imageevent.com/sphere/sal ... ystals.pdf
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Re: Got extract but lost starting weight...

Postby Dr.Greenthumbs » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:01 pm

I figured as much. The extraction was more for educational purposes than anything. Plus, what am I gonna do with a couple garbage bags full of foliage after a freak storm knocked it out? Experiment! :geek:

Guess I'll be going for the crystals.
Dr.Greenthumbs

Return to Methods of Use