Tea Method

The different ways to consume/use Salvia divinorum and other entheogens, personal rituals, and trip reports.

Re: Tea Method

Postby nothim » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:06 am

it will be freshier than you may think, in fact, it will stay like that after we are long gone ,

honey has the ability to do this,

by the way, a couple a days ago, i made a jam with honey and rose petals, plenty of rose petals, and i had to use the milk special boiling pot not to destroy the honey 's properties, it went nice except the fact that i added some water which i should not, cause the petals released or left their own, and the jam turned a bit liquid but i bought a gelfix powder and i sorted out that issues, now, it is a kick ass jam,

and i lol made a drink , it supposed to be a fizzy juice drink made with honey and elder flowers---- wicked!!!!!!

it turned into champagne, it was a bit sour but i added a teaspoon of that quality jam and i went to work on 7 roads (drunk), without even notice that i was in that shape , and i f liked it, i said, man, this drink is better than any f commercial crap i had ever taste before, so, i went to pick all lol the f elderflowers that went into my path and now , a huge 'bathtub' is having its chemistry reactions with elder f, water, lemon juice and honey ofcourse, i am eager to see it done lol
nothim

Postby RocketeerJim » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:11 am

You're the man, Boolie! I like your style. :) :) :)
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:20 pm

That's awesome, you should type up your recipes!
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:12 am

elderflowers, use a scissors to cut from the stemy part leaving only the small bouquets of flowers, make sure the elderflowers do not have small bugs on the branches, they tend to do that, just look for the bugs when you pick the flowers from the trees, do not wash them , fill a plastic 6-8 liters thing(i do not know the name lol--- you make salad in it )with elderflowers, add a bit of water and one jar of cristalized honey(around one kilogram honey) and mix them together using both hands , after the honey dissolves, add 2 lemons- juices only , no worries if the seeds get away in the plastic thing , again , mix them , add water(around 6 liters) now so you can fill the whole plastic.... recipient let's call it, and mix with a tablespoon , cover it with a kitchen cloth and leave it somewhere where you have above 20 celsius for 2 days or 3 , but i think 2 days it is ok,--- each day , once a day open there, and mix with the tablespoon , the top flowers get rusty , and those below are the same color white , so , mix everything in there..., after two days , use a funnel and pour only the liquid in 3 bottles of two liters , squeeze the flowers well ...., do not seal the bottles with the cup(stopper) cause they will definetly explode!!!!!!!!!!! leave the cup on the bottle but leave the bottle to breath so any fermenting gasses can escape easly!!!!!!, leave the 3 bottles aswell at 20 celsius or above for a week(6-7 days) , after that, you can seal the bottles with their cups and put them in the fridge no matter if they are still fermenting(mine did not explode yet ), after 3-4 days in the fridge you will like it !!!!!
note ---at 20 celsius they can rest in the light , i had mine on a east window indoors at 23-25 celsius
honey-use cristalized honey ! in that way you know it is not fake honey , and it is all natural !!!

Ulmdorgr's revised version
Elderflower gathering: use scissors to cut the small bouquets of flowers from the stem (below the node so that they are still connected), make sure the elderflowers do not have small bugs on the branches (they tend to attract pests; just look for the bugs when you pick the flowers from the trees; do not wash the flowers).

1. Fill a plastic 6-8 liter salad bowl with the elderflowers (cut away the rest of the stems if you haven't already), then add a bit of water and one jar of crystallized honey (around one kilogram of honey) and mix them together using both hands.
  2. After the honey dissolves, add the juice of 2 lemons (no worries if the seeds accidently get in the mix) and continue to mix the contents.
  3. Add about 6 liters of water so you can fill the whole bowl. Mix it with a spoon, then cover it with a kitchen cloth and leave it somewhere warm (~20 C/~68 F) for 2-3 days.
  4. Once a day, open the container and mix it with a spoon. The top flowers get rusty , and those below are the same color white. Make sure to mix everything.
  5. After two days, use a funnel and pour off the liquid (you can use a colander, but be careful not to lose any liquid) into three two-liter bottles. Squeeze the flowers well. Do not seal the bottles, or they will explode! Leave the cap on the bottle, but leave the bottle to breath so any fermenting gasses can escape easily!
  6. Leave the 3 bottles at 20 celsius or above for a week (6-7 days). After that, you can seal the bottles with their caps and put them in the fridge, even if they are still fermenting (mine have not exploded yet). After 3-4 days in the fridge you will like it !

Note: at 20 celsius the liquid can rest in the light. I had mine indoors next to an east-facing window, with the shades down, at 23-25 celsius. Also, for honey, make sure to use crystallized honey so you know that it's all natural!
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Nice! Thanks. I made a revised version to make it more readable. Check out the code if you don't know how I did it.
Ulmdorgr

Postby ChemistKen » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:14 pm

thanks for the recipe Boolie and thanks Ulmdorgr for organizing it...I shall save this one and try it someday...
ChemistKen

Postby nothim » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:27 am

ulmdy , thank you ,

at the note, i forgot to mention , and it is important , i left them on an east window , but not in direct light, there were shades in the window all the time!!!!

cheers, sorry for my bad English!!!!
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:18 am

No problem, I updated it, thanks.
Ulmdorgr

Postby dreamyone » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:57 am

it sounds something similar to "gira". Is this drink fizzy after fermentation?
dreamyone

Postby nothim » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:31 am

no, it gets fizzy from the moment you add honey and the increased temp , i think the trick was not to wash the flowers thus the fermentation starts quicker [i was lucky cause it rained in the morning that day, so i did not have to wash them]
Last edited by nothim on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
nothim

Postby dreamyone » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:40 am

looks similar. Do u make it only from honey and elderflowers? Try making it from strawberries, coffee and so on :)
I recently made strawberry gira like that:
I put like 20 strawberries into 2 litres of water. Add 1 cup of sugar (if u r going to use honey, dont add it at this moment, u shouldnt boil honey), 2-3 grinded cloves and bring it to boil.
Boil for couple of minutes and mash strawberries, so liquid becomes pink.
Strain it and pour into clean and large pot, we traditionally use ones like these:
Cover it with cloth, so any bugs or flies wont fall into it :D When it cools down to +30*C (add honey first and mix well if u didnt use sugar), add ~8 raisins and 2 teaspoons of beer yeast. (It must be prepared without commercial yeast, but its easier like that). Cover the pot with clean cloth and leave it in warm place for 2 days. Then strain it out to other container or bottles and leave it in fridge for 24 hours. It must be fizzy, sweet, just slightly sour.

Found picture of bread gira:

by the way, nations have similar drink all over the world :) I did a little research and found out that mexicans and andean people also make similar drinks.
Mexicans make tepache (from pineapples) and pulque (from agave), and andeans make chicha de jora (from maize).
dreamyone

Postby nothim » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:12 pm

cheers for the recipe , how are things?
nothim

Postby dreamyone » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:06 pm

everything is fine :)
dreamyone

Previous

Return to Methods of Use