Anyone tried oral ingestion of salvia extract??

The different ways to consume/use Salvia divinorum and other entheogens, personal rituals, and trip reports.

Re: Anyone tried oral ingestion of salvia extract??

Postby RocketeerJim » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:38 pm

This is a topic of lively discussion and interest on other forums as well:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showth ... p?t=111650

And I am verry surprised (and equally pleased since I've been using it frequently as of late) to learn acetone is not particularly toxic!:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetone : "Acetone has been rated as a GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) substance when present in beverages, baked foods, desserts, and preserves at concentrations ranging from 5 to 8 mg/L."

So one could SAFELY use acetone in a tincture??!!! Well tie me to an anthill and smear me with jelly!
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:24 pm

They're talking trace amounts. DO NOT PUT LIQUID ACETONE IN YOUR MOUTH! A teaspoon could be equal to a few GRAMS of the stuff.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:08 pm

Well, guess SWIM's elected!

Ok it's 6:00 p.m.. At 5:50 SWIM brushed his gums and especially under his tongue with my toothbrush and some minty toothpaste. Then at 5:52 he placed "about" 1/15 of my quantity of home-brewed 60x under his tongue, theoretically bringing 10mg of Salvinorin A to bear on the site. Now salivating rather heavily and not sure whether to "spit or swallow" (and now we understand that age-old "female dilemma" :lol: ).

The home-brew is not refined. It is raw, blackish, slightly oily or waxy, and has a rather odd flavor to it. It has been "in storage" for about two weeks or so now, so I'm sure all traces of acetone have long since evaporated.

6:04 p.m. now and practically swimming in spit as SWIM's neither spat nor swallowed. Enough spit to swish around whilst still retaining the bulk of the 60x under the tongue. . . . . . seems fair to share with the other mucous membranes in SWIM's mouth.

Since SWIM is not using a quid, there is hardly anything in SWIM's mouth. Since it is not a tincture, there is no unpleasant burning feeling in SWIM's mouth. The flavor is not exactly wonderful but it is not gross or revolting in any way.

6:08 and nothing noticeable has happened aside from the massive accumulation of saliva. . . . .
Last edited by RocketeerJim on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:24 pm

6:20 now. SWIM has been listening w/earplug to a Liquid Space "Real Eden" video that I d/l'd from Youtube. Nothing yet to report except perhaps that the music is a bit more intense than I recall. Also SWIM has a whopping mouthful of saliva now.
RocketeerJim

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:02 pm

7:02 now and still nothing particularly noteworthy. Time to spit it out. I guess a larger dose is indicated.
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:49 pm

It may be difficult to absorb without a liquid medium. Perhaps half a shot, 3 parts water and 1 part 151 ethanol, wouldn't hurt? I would swallow it, in case you were able to absorb it through your gut (maybe SWIM, in particular, can).
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Previous

Return to Methods of Use