Anyone tried oral ingestion of salvia extract??

The different ways to consume/use Salvia divinorum and other entheogens, personal rituals, and trip reports.

Anyone tried oral ingestion of salvia extract??

Postby RocketeerJim » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:57 pm

Seems to me if oral ingestion of mass quantities (to quote Beldar Conehead) of raw SD leaves can lead to a longer lasting experience, then oral ingestion of a smaller quantity of enhanced SD should also do the trick. Any one have any insights or personal experiences along these lines?

I'm just asking!!
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Re: Anyone tried oral ingestion of salvia extract??

Postby nothim » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:15 pm

not yet, but it is on the way----btw ---how did you make your extract? what solvents did you use?
nothim

Postby RocketeerJim » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:05 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VQAKNrq ... verified=1

I used this method, using the same acetone solvent and, coincidentally, the same model coffee grinder and the same type of pyrex measuring cup. I also used a tall (3 oz. capacity) shotglass to hold the 1gm of SD I was enhancing.

Because the coffee filter absorbs the acetone/salvia solution, wasting it, I did not use a coffee filter until the third wash and then only after I'd poured and "spoon-pressed" as much acetone/salvia solution as I could into the shotglass containing the 1gm I was enhancing.

After I poured the salvia "grinds" onto the coffee filter following the third wash, I wrapped it up and gave it a good squeeze with a spoon and my thumb, just like I would with a teabag if I wanted to get the last bit of hot tea out of it. This yielded only a few more droplets. Be careful not to burst the coffee filter when you do this! Then I discarded the soaked 10gms.

I placed the shotglass with the acetone/SD solution on a shelf in my garage, away from direct sunlight, and two days later the Acetone had evaporated. I was sure the acetone had evaporated because the shotglass and the 1gm were completely dry and the 1gm did not smell at all like acetone but instead smelled like dry, bare, Salvia leaf.

Predictably, the acetone/salvia solution left a residue on the sides of the shotglass and I presumed that was Salvinorin A and Chlorophyl. Using my index finger I scrubbed the 1gm dried enhanced leaf against that residue to "mop it up" so that it was incorporated into the 1gm of enhanced leaf rather than wasting it.

Just to be sure the Acetone was all gone, after I removed the 1gm and all the residue from the shotglass I left it in an open container and waited another day, leaving the 1gm in its open container inside a closed (dark place) drawer before I smoked any of it.

I put about .10 gm in my pipe but it only took one small toke to launch and most of the .10- gm was unburned and still green after I finished my toke.

It was slightly harsher than bare SD leaf; enough to give me pause but not enough to make me cough. I do not remember exhaling.

Very successful!
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Orally you would have to consume the entire contents of your 10x gram to have any slight effect. It's not worth it to waste extract in that manner.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:46 am

cheers!

i do not dare though!

it might kill me! lol
nothim

Postby woodlife » Tue May 03, 2011 10:34 am

"I do not remember exhaling."

That's a classic :lol:
woodlife

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed May 04, 2011 7:06 am

woodlife wrote:
"I do not remember exhaling."

That's a classic :lol:

This is one of the things I love about SD, woodlife . . describing it as "fast acting" simply doesn't do it justice. :lol:
RocketeerJim

Postby RocketeerJim » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:55 pm

So, getting back to the subject . . . . assuming SWIM chose to make 10x extract from his/her plants, and accumulated a few grams of it, I wonder how many grams SWIM might want to "dip" into at a time, keeping it in his/her mouth between cheek and teeth, or under tongue, for a half hour or so.
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Start with 10mg to see if it affects you, and increase by 10's until you find your perfect dose. I would not be afraid to start with 50mg, and would be expect to go up to 200 or 250, depending on how previous experiences felt. I estimate that 50/100/150mg would be the approximate doses for meditational use, depending on your preference of intensity.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:57 am

So estimating 2.5 mg/g in bare leaf, roughly 25 mg in 1 gm of 10x and the 50mg/100mg/150mg equivalents will be about 2gms/4gms/6gms or, roughly, 1tspoon/2spoon/3tspoon..
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Get a scale, please. ;)
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:32 pm

Just noticed this in something I previously saved:

As far as the sublingual/oral activity of these extracts, not much
experimentation has been reported. However, they are undoubtedly
much more active sublingually than swallowed. Since the
salvinorin A absorbs more slowly through the mucous membranes
than when smoked, a higher dose will be needed—starting
at a 5 mg salvinorin A content (and working upwards until
the desired effects are achieved, which may occur closer to 10 mg
salvinorin A content) seems reasonable. It has also been suggested
that the addition of menthol may make the extract more
efficiently absorbed sublingually. — DAVID AARDVARK

From Salvia Divinorum and Salvinorin A
RocketeerJim

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:36 pm

Maybe 40x or 60x would be more manageable. . . . I think a gram is about a half-teaspoon. 60x has 150 mg/gm so a 5 mg dose would be quite small, only 33 mg. Erring on the high side couldn't hurt either. As Terence McKenna said, "when in doubt, double the dose".

According to your estimates, Ulmy, then SWIM would need 1/3, 2/3 or the full gram of 60x sublingually. That's really not much.
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:33 pm

That's a lot of $$, but yeah maybe I should try it. :)

I like buying 80x+ smoking extracts cuz each hit only costs you a few dollars ($2-5 each), which is comparable to what people pay for other drugs (alcohol, caffeine, weed, MDMA, research chems).
Ulmdorgr

Postby nivkbecjer » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:05 am

5mg of salvinorin A sublingually???? That seems insane to me. If you do it write and actually absorb all of that it's going to be insanely intense. Ott talks about threshhold effects from sublingual preparations using acetone and DMSO at 100 micrograms. Let me repeat, 100 MICROGRAMS. Even if you only absorb 1/5th of that 5mg dose you are going to forget that you ever had a human body for about an hour. Yeah it absorbs more slowly than smoking but it also lasts longer. It always makes sense to start low and go up from there, and 5mg salvinorin a seems like way to high to start, imo.
nivkbecjer

Next

Return to Methods of Use