What/how many leaves to smoke?

The different ways to consume/use Salvia divinorum and other entheogens, personal rituals, and trip reports.

What/how many leaves to smoke?

Postby gavinmoose » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:28 am

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I have 3-4 leaves that have turned rather brown and I was thinking about picking them off in a week or so to get the smaller, greener leaves near them sufficient space to grow out.
Would one be able to use the browned leaves for smoking? :]
gavinmoose

Re: What/how many leaves to smoke?

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:51 am

Probably. I don't know what happens to the Salvinorin A (SA) when the leaves themselves die, but I don't think it would just evaporate or something. Depending on the weight of the leaves (after removing the center stem/vein), you might have to smoke a ton of it (1-3 grams).

Let's do some math!
Siebert states that there's an average concentration of 2.5mg of SA per gram of raw leaf. When SWIM uses extracts, they use doses of about .05-.15g of various concentrations. If one consumes .1g of 8x, they will optimally consume 2mg of SA. A similar dose takes SWIM to the first plateau (S). SWIM usually takes 2-3 of these doses (optimally 6mg; but probably only 3mg consumed) to reach the 3rd plateau (L) and beyond. An equal dose of raw leaf would be 1-3g (2-6mg of SA).

Good luck. Remember that the method you use to smoke it will factor into the potential to consume more of Salvinorin A. You will also have to take several hits from the same bowl because of how much plant material is there. Even if it looks like ash (the plant material may continue to burn itself down to nothing while you're holding it in), you can attempt to vaporize the Salvinorin A with direct heat.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Re: What/how many leaves to smoke?

Postby SF » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Salvinorin is from what i read mostly on the outside of the leaves as a protective coating. So it is my belief that if a leaf is turning brown on if its damaged in anyway this will effect the overall potency of the leaves.

What you want to do it de-stem the leaf, crush it up into a powder then fill your pipe. if you can get 4 deep inhalations you should be able to get some if not a decent effect. You could just save up all your leaves when they dry out put them in a jar with a sealed lid, maybe put some rice in there to take up any moisture content that may still be left in the leaves.
SF
Site Admin

Return to Methods of Use