Salviahusca Method

The different ways to consume/use Salvia divinorum and other entheogens, personal rituals, and trip reports.

Re: Salviahusca Method

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:32 pm

I can't even imagine that experience. Insane!
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:10 pm

An 8-hour salvia trip? Nooooo thanks!!!

Ulmy I'm intrigued by your statement: "I'm guessing, based on salvinorin A's toxicity, that it would be safe to experiment with low doses."

I understood Salvinorin A's toxicity to be very low. . . . . was I mistaken??

A user's comment from another forum (http://salviadivinorum.tribe.net/thread ... 822a0915b9):

"I read that some twisted soul was doing animal toxicity studies, trying to find a LD50 for salvinorin. I think they gave up dosing the rats when they figured that the animals were physiologically OK at 50,000 times the equivalent mcg/kg ratio of human experiential threshold. In other words, it is not a "toxic" chemical, even at absurd doses IN ANIMALS. "
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:22 pm

nivkbecjer is warning about the intensity of the experience. Although it has a 100mcg threshold, that doesn't tell us anything about the intensity of the subjective effects. Then again, I have no personal reference for sublingual effects, so what can I say?

I've smoked more than 5mg, so I would say 5mg is "safe" (psychologically) sublingually. Start smaller if you want.

I also DO NOT recommend high doses for first timers. Come on, please use some common sense (that is to lurkers, not those who have posted in this thread).
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:25 pm

Oh, well, yes, I agree with that last bit, absolutely, Ulmy. Start out small, with bare leaf if possible, and work your way up from there - if you've a mind to. Actually one can obtain a very pleasant experience by smoking the bare leaf. No breakthrough, probably, but more imaginative thinking, more vivid colors, possibly even clearer vision. And a great mood booster for awhile, even for up to a few days afterward.
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:23 pm

The problem is not "bare leaf", it's how many leaves. People will only try to smoke a handful, but you're supposed to eat a salad bowl full. Likewise, extracts are like a handful Xwhatever. So a hit of 80x would be a comparative dose orally, but I still think standard oral doses are around 20-100mg. Again, we're experimenting here, so definitely start low.
Ulmdorgr

Previous

Return to Methods of Use