Salvia as Dream Enhancer

The different ways to consume/use Salvia divinorum and other entheogens, personal rituals, and trip reports.

Re: Salvia as Dream Enhancer

Postby DanG » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:00 am

So my question is....
Are we really controlling what we dream? Or are we just dreaming that we are able to control the dream?

What do you guys think?
I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
-Nikos Kazantzakis

Use Your Cellphone Camera for Close-up/Macro Photography
DanG

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:51 am

If you are truly lucid, and have overcome the shaky introduction phase and can just relax, existence bends to your will. Dreaming that you are doing it is the same thing. I'm not so sure free will exists.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby DanG » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:30 am

Oh man Ulmy!!! Free Will is one of those deep deep deep stuff man...

I've thought about that numerous times... First thing that came to mind is this analogy:
In a gameshow where you can choose door number 1, door number 2 or door number 3 to get a certain prize; you are able to make a decision with ease right?
Seems like free will. But what if there's actually a door number 4 that the gameshow host refused to tell you? What do you call that then?
"Limited free will"?
Come to think of it you can still make the decision and move on with your life without knowing about that 4th door.
It is still free will only according to your reality.

To move even deeper into this shit I explored my own history. I thought about how i ended up being me. I saw that there are three things that lead me on to becoming who i am at the moment.
1. Genetics - basically how you are physically
2. External variables - anything outside yourself
3. Internal variables - your mind, your beliefs, your decisions(free will?)

Genetics... That is completely out of my hand as i didn't even ask nobody to conceive me. So let's say that is fixed and that's the point zero of my life. I am still nothing but a sponge here and the external variables will determine who i will be as a child.
To name a few examples of these external variables are language, culture, financial status of one's family, the environment one is in(a good home, bad school, conservative country etc). Those things will shape the sponge until he/she becomes conscious of one's self. I've seen a video in youtube where they did experiments on young children. It was proven that at an early age some of them won't be able to remember being a kid because they aren't conscious with one's existence.

So let's fast forward a few years where i am now able to make decisions. Let's say at age 5 where i was to choose between a strawberry ice cream or a peanut butter ice cream. YUM! Let's then assume that i chose strawberry ice cream. Now ask me now i chose that flavor. Of course as a kid i would have given answers like "because they taste good" or "because peanut butter looks like poo" lol. But now as an adult I could conclude that i chose strawberry because i grew up near strawberry fields and i grew up eating them a lot hence the familiarity of the flavor. Unlike on peanut butter where i don't get to eat much because a sibling is allergic and we don't want any accidents to happen.
This just shows that the reason for my decision(internal variable) is because of my previous encounters(external variables) with strawberries.

That simple decision should be considered as free will right? I don't think that's the case because i have no part of those external variables that lead me to make my choice. It's like i was already BEING LEAD to a decision without even knowing it.

So is this free will? Am i making that choice or the decisions are already fixed because i am already programmed to response to certain type of scenarios?

All i can say now is... "LOL!"
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby nothim » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:40 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ5KwjNv ... re=related 3:00

i would have gone for the peanut butter ---cause i was used to all that nearby strwberry taste, or in fact i would have gone for both.

the subject is way too huge , and difficult for me to grasp!

let-s stick to the simple things..........
nothim

Postby DanG » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:37 am

It doesn't really matter if i chose peanut butter or strawberry. My point was the decisions i made are based on how i was conditioned at the past.

I agree, let's end this nonsense.
I think my brain overloaded by just writing that down. :lol: I don't even know what 1+1 is anymore.... :lol:
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Previous

Return to Methods of Use