Salvia as Dream Enhancer

The different ways to consume/use Salvia divinorum and other entheogens, personal rituals, and trip reports.

Salvia as Dream Enhancer

Postby DanG » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:18 pm

So back in day 1 where i got my plants. There was a healthy looking thumb sized leaf that got detached from the stem. I don't know what to do with it so i just rinsed the leaf in water and stuck it in my mouth. I chewed it a few times and realized that it was a hoffman strain. I couldn't handle the bitterness so i just swallowed after two minutes.

This was 3PM. I slept at around 12AM and i was in the longest vivid dream i could even remember.
And what's interesting is that the dream dealt with my personal issues. The dream showed me that i really have a lot of anger in me and it helped me realize that i need to either flush it out of me or learn to just let the reasons for this resentment go.

What do you guys think? I don't think it's placebo because i wasn't even thinking and not even expecting to dream that long.
I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
-Nikos Kazantzakis

Use Your Cellphone Camera for Close-up/Macro Photography
DanG

Re: Salvia as Dream Enhancer

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:15 pm

It's not possible that salvinorin A would have been active during your sleep, however, perhaps a different chemical acts psychoactively... Probably placebo, but very cool nonetheless.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:36 am

what i think is that you are or were very tired( less hours of sleep{rest} on previous nights or sex) or stressed and your brain fueled its battery by dreaming. Maybe that leaf might have helped.
It is posible that those were traces from a recent(one or many weeks ago) 'trip' ...experince ..., and it is reflected in dreams.....i hate that --do not know how to explain englishable ...i hope that you somehow understand....
do you not feel rested now after the dream session ? if yes, it means that the brain did his job well and filled your batteries!!!!! if no, that means that you were really there and it was as if you were alive in the dream as awaken and instead of spending your energy in the awaken life you spent it in the dream ------maybe this is non - sense !!!!
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:04 am

I understand you.

I had a similar experience when I was trying JWH-018 ("Spice") while fairly drunk, where I ended up having my first lucid dream that night. I had been trying to have one for some time, and I keep a dream journal periodically (I can't remember my dreams every night), but I think that night and a few days prior I was not thinking about lucid dreams and then WHAM it got me.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby DanG » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:24 am

My last trip was a very weak dose. Just plain dried leaf.
I don't think it was because i was fatigued. I work a lot but i've been getting my rest lately.

Usually when i have very vivid dreams i get tired the whole day. That morning i was only mildly tired maybe due to the anger i released in that dream.
I remember playing basketball with Karl Malone in my dream and when i woke up i was dead tired :lol:

I really believe that thumb sized salvia leaf had an effect. I'll just try again when i get my plant growing :)
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby nothim » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:27 am

lol
me, too, i am really tired after action dreams!!! :)
nothim

Postby DanG » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:49 am

Karl Malone blocked all of my shots man! I can still remember it clearly.
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby nothim » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:06 am

how mean, at least he could have let you once ! :)
nothim

Postby DanG » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:32 am

i should learn how to lucid dream so i can be 7'10 and dunk on him every night :twisted:
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby nothim » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:12 pm

inception is a good start?! ;)
nothim

Postby DanG » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:22 am

That movie is so hollywood but whatever is possible in the imagination should be possible somewhere in the universe.
Who knows maybe a cockroach can lucid dream with ease :lol:
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:16 pm

Inception = truth. When I had my first lucid dream, all hell broke loose. It was like I had just taken the red pill and shattered the walls of the matrix.
Ulmdorgr

Postby DanG » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:51 am

What did you mean by inception=truth? And why i should start with it?

Ulmy, How long before you were able to lucid dream? I can imagine how you can control reality, that's really something. No words can even describe how crazy and beautiful that is.
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 pm

I don't have good luck with it (it's super rare), but I haven't been on top of my dreams lately. I've been keeping a dream journal for over a year now, I think, but I am not good about it and usually only write a few dreams each month. The point is to figure out commonalities or things that never appear in your dreams (for me, I never see my hands or mirrors, so after I realized that and I saw my hands in a dream, it broke me out).

***Inception spoiler (highlight to see)***
In Inception, when DiCaprio and the architect girl first enter a dream together and they are sitting at the street corner cafe and she realizes she's dreaming, she can't control it and everything starts to crumble. That's exactly what happened on my first time.
***End spoiler***

I would wait to see Inception until you are educated and experienced with your dreams (lucid dreaming, astral projection, dream journaling, and related details). Otherwise it's just another junk action/thriller film.
Ulmdorgr

Postby DanG » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:58 pm

In my dreams i never wear my corrective glasses. Nor contact lens, i have perfect vision. It's always clear.

I liked the philosophical aspect of that film. Sometimes dreams do become realistic and i have experienced it numerous times! I do have dreams(maybe twice till last night) about me dreaming. Don't know if it's because the film's plot (layers of dreams) was planted in my subconscious.

So I had a dream last night. It's really cool because I tried looking at the digital clock. It was 17:xx then suddenly turned to 13:xx it was weird i couldn't distinguish the time! Then i remembered Waking Life and i asked the woman(a friend i think) i was talking to if are you real or not? Kinda like the movie eh? I even realized that in my dream!

When i asked her this i suddenly woke up from that dream and into another dream! Weird shit. I realized that i was in another dream because there were some irregularities. I don't remember them now but i know that's how i felt that time. I had to tell myself to wake up Dan!!! I think i panicked or something and finally got back to "reality". It was 4AM that time and my dog is sitting infront of me. He wanted to pee or take a dump outside haha! After i let him out i got back to sleep and dreamed about my mom who's been dead for over a year now. She showed me some love man nice dream!

I woke up tired but tolerable.
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Next

Return to Methods of Use