Salvia Music (:

The different ways to consume/use Salvia divinorum and other entheogens, personal rituals, and trip reports.

Salvia Music (:

Postby CarboVeg » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Hello, everybody (:
I wanted to share with you a couple of songs I found very inspiring while I was on Salvia ^^
The first time I listened to Nostalgia Factory, by Porcupine Tree but I've found the 'fast' part a little frightening (It was like 'fallin deeper' into the trip) anyway, it's been awesome :)
Second time I decided to put on Africa, by Toto and It's been much less 'trippy' and much more 'natural'.
I don't know how to explain: I've felt like I was part of a really elegant universe (:
The nurse who loved me (APC version) could be a nice Salvia Song too, but I've never tried it: next time I'm going to listen to it ^^

I suggest you to listen to these songs many time if you want to 'use' them during a trip: try to memorize their 'parts' in order to avoid surprise :mrgreen:
How about you? Have you ever listened to some music while using Salvia? If so, which song(s) did you liked best?
CarboVeg

Re: Salvia Music (:

Postby nothim » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:32 am

calm music -all

re:
look up - zero7
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:10 pm

I'm a fan of intensity. Last time I tripped I listened to Lateralus by Tool and I was possessed by the plant as I screamed lyrics and foamed at the mouth. Very few people (me) would find this experience appealing.

One other time I was at a party and I heard rap music. I remember hearing some sort of lyrics like "Let's go!" in this familiar, friendly tone like someone beckoning me. When I came to I felt like I was from the streets or something. I was like, "I can be anything!" I wish I knew the song that was playing but the people running the party had an ipod on shuffle.

Nostalgia Factory looks like it would be good. Africa may be a little intense near the end. It's a strange song, but I wouldn't call it "natural."

I'm really looking forward to stuff like:
Ulmdorgr

Postby fishman » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:30 am

Everything Dan Deacon has ever written.
That man is a fucking god.
fishman

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:57 pm

Ahahaha, I just looked him up; Crystal Cat is amazing.
Ulmdorgr

Postby klink67 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:20 am

No you guys have it all wrong. Angel of Death by Slayer is an awesome song when your trippin on salvia. Any slayer song is pretty nice.
klink67

Postby RocketeerJim » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:19 pm

umm, I like Ray Lynch's Deep Breakfast CD as I've been listening to it for more than 20 years. Great labor and delivery room stuff so it should be calming if you're into that sort of thing . . . . :roll:
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:16 am

I can't hear anything while I'm tripping, but I know it helps to shape what's going on.

Some new favorites to trip to:
  • The Beatles: Let It Be (album/song; others are good too)
  • Animal Collective
  • Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon/The Wall (albums)
  • Grateful Dead: I Know You Rider
  • Incubus: Leech
  • Ravi-Shankar: Tabla-Tabla Tarang
  • 10 Ft. Ganja Plant
  • The Black Keys: The Lengths
  • Yesterday's New Quintet: Sunrays
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:20 am

Love the Beatles. Check out the White Album.
Love Pink Floyd. Check out Momentary Lapse of Reason and Animals.
Love Ravi. He's a flippin genius on the Sitar!
Long live Jerry Garcia!! Well, at least his music . . . .
I'll check out the others on YouTube.
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Return to Methods of Use