Inhibitors with SD

The different ways to consume/use Salvia divinorum and other entheogens, personal rituals, and trip reports.

Inhibitors with SD

Postby squints basoon » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:18 pm

I was wondering if there is an inhibitor that will make eating the plant worthwhile? or something that will increase effects?
somewhat like harmala with other compounds.
squints basoon

Re: Inhibitors with SD

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:52 pm

Increase your dose. The most powerful experience is to use a mixture of sublingual/intrabuccal absorption and smoking (i.e. put liquid in your mouth or chew a quid, then after spitting it out, take a hit). If you do it at the right time, the peak will last immensely longer.

Absorption through your salivary glands takes about 15-25 minutes to saturate your blood and stimulate your central nervous system (CNS). This type of absorption also has a longer duration (I hypothesize that it has to do with slow absorption through the salivary glands and huge amount of salvinorin A consumed). By smoking at the right time, you get the peak, but it comes down slower because your body has to metabolize so much more. Smoking a large dose by itself won't give you a good effect because it will saturate your blood too quickly and overstimulate your CNS (my generalized observation of opioid receptors is that stimulation will shut parts of your CNS down, like a computer).

You could attempt to eat salvinorin A with a MAOI, but DO NOT DO THIS! The method is fairly untested, so you should be wary of any unknown side effects. Some people have had good experiences (but this lacks details, again, be cautious): http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia_info.shtml

Here's another good discussion: http://www.spiritplants.org/salvia-plane/topic1511.html

Let me know if you find any more solid info on the issue.
Ulmdorgr

Return to Methods of Use