fallen leaves, advise for newbie

The different ways to consume/use Salvia divinorum and other entheogens, personal rituals, and trip reports.

fallen leaves, advise for newbie

Postby jasonsalvia » Mon May 24, 2010 9:36 am

I have fairly new cutting of Sally D and 5 small leaves have fell off naturally.

I layered them in a paper towel, they are all now fully brown.

Would you recommend I smoke them ? or chew? Is this even possible with such a new plant, or does one have to wait to the plant is mature? Is it enough leaves to even make into a quid?

Thanks in advance,

jasonsalvia
jasonsalvia

Re: fallen leaves, advise for newbie

Postby nothim » Mon May 24, 2010 2:15 pm

for a quid you need around 20-30 big leaves the size of your palm, for smoking -i would not recommend---the feeling is weird, and if you do not know how to smoke them, you will not get anywhere, --- the bong method is easier(the smoke will be cooled and it will not hurt you), but you can make a cigarette(joint, whatever is called --that size anyway) an you can mix it with some mint -strongly scented mentha spicata --that for not burning your lungs --- and you have to use this kind of lighter
http://www.100-gift.com/uploads/upimg5/ ... 955849.jpg
to vaporise the active compound, a normal lighter will not work,
you have to burn and inhale in the same time leaving the flame on there as long as you inhale, take a big toke and hold it in as much as you can, at least 30 sec, no matter if it is burning you on the inside, try not to cough the smoke though that feeling will be as a reflex, try as much as you can not to, and fast after you exhaled the first round go for the second and third, on the third , probably you will need the sitter helping you cause you will probably not be capable of holding the cigarette or the bong anylonger----
once again, i one, i would not go for smoking ----i would wait for quid or tea!!!
your call, read the rules on the forum and wait for other advice from the members here!!!
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue May 25, 2010 1:22 am

Yeah for quid (intrabuccal absorbption) you need 8-30 big leaves (50mg-200mg of salvinorin A).

For smoking, you only need 1-2g of raw dried leaf (2.5mg of salvinorin A). Dried leaves rarely have the concentration desired by users (you have to be super sensitive, genetically, in order for such a small dose to work).

Salvinorins are produced on the bottom of the leaves. Potentially you could remove the midveins and skin them... I don't know how well that works (I just thought of it).
Ulmdorgr

Postby jasonsalvia » Tue May 25, 2010 7:41 am

Thanks for the feed back guys. Suppose I'll just wait for Sally to get bigger and try the quid method. For smoking there is always salviazone...
jasonsalvia

Postby jasonsalvia » Tue May 25, 2010 11:02 am

Just curious, when I smoke level "red" from salvia zone, what am I smoking? I'm guessing its not just powdered leaves, but an extraction of the active ingredient? anyone have any input?

Last time I smoked 'red', I had some panic and a noble knight came to me and said everything would be ok, hahah lol

PS can't wait to try quid method
jasonsalvia

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue May 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Salviazone keeps their concentrations as "request only." They used to advertise the numbers on their site, but retracted them. They do advertise them in their email updates.

Please contact them for us and ask about the concentrations of all of their products. If you get me their numbers I can help you. I expect red to be 30-40x, which is 75-100mg/g salvinorin A.

You are smoking leaf with salvinorin A spread on top of it. If red is 75mg of salvinorin A (7.5% of a gram), then you're smoking 925mg (92.5% of a gram) of salvia leaf. Who knows what they might use instead of the real leaf. It is just a raw leaf that they mix it with, an advertised 30x is probably actually 31x (75mg of extract + 1x of leaf, so more like 77.5mg). However, SalviaZone has been around for a while, so I would think they make 29x of extract and use the leaf to bring it up to 30x.
Ulmdorgr

Postby jasonsalvia » Wed May 26, 2010 2:56 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:Salviazone keeps their concentrations as "request only." They used to advertise the numbers on their site, but retracted them. They do advertise them in their email updates.

Please contact them for us and ask about the concentrations of all of their products. If you get me their numbers I can help you. I expect red to be 30-40x, which is 75-100mg/g salvinorin A.

You are smoking leaf with salvinorin A spread on top of it. If red is 75mg of salvinorin A (7.5% of a gram), then you're smoking 925mg (92.5% of a gram) of salvia leaf. Who knows what they might use instead of the real leaf. It is just a raw leaf that they mix it with, an advertised 30x is probably actually 31x (75mg of extract + 1x of leaf, so more like 77.5mg). However, SalviaZone has been around for a while, so I would think they make 29x of extract and use the leaf to bring it up to 30x.

Cool, emailed them.
jasonsalvia

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed May 26, 2010 3:27 pm

I know Black (Dark Matter) is 150mg/g (60x).
Ulmdorgr

Postby jasonsalvia » Thu May 27, 2010 7:10 am

40 mg per gram
jasonsalvia

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu May 27, 2010 11:15 am

Red is 40mg? Lol that's only 16x! Wow. I hate this color coding system.
Ulmdorgr

Postby jasonsalvia » Thu May 27, 2010 11:32 am

Wow, I started with green, then yellow, now red. Will consider going up a level next time, though red is an experience. What concentration do you use?
jasonsalvia

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu May 27, 2010 11:35 am

I have 8x (20mg; $20) and 80x (200mg; $60) at the moment =)

Concentration doesn't matter, dose does. I recommend getting a scale so you can begin calculating the numbers (theoretical # of mg consumed) associated with your subjective experiences.

Higher concentrations will save you money in the long run, and for those who have never gotten a feeling off of salvia, it will guarantee an experience.
Ulmdorgr

Postby jasonsalvia » Thu May 27, 2010 12:22 pm

80X wow, I don't feel as scared jumping up a level in the future. I prefer slowly climbing the ladder vs just jumping in the pool.

may have to brush up on my math skills :) I have an electronic scale, can measure as small as .10 grams.

I got a 1/2 gram pack of red level , which gives 5 experiences (1/10 gram each experience). Plus they always throw in a free sample (1/5 gram), giving 2 more experiences. This cost 12 bucks plus 6 dollars shipping, so 18 bucks total for 7 experiences, not bad.
jasonsalvia

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu May 27, 2010 5:16 pm

If you do the math, an 80x gram for $60 would get you 5 times as many experiences for 3 times the cost. Except, you have to be really careful with 80x ahaha.

Do you REALLY enjoy dipping your toes? The experience is always frightful for my ego, so diving in is much less unnerving.
Ulmdorgr

Postby jasonsalvia » Fri May 28, 2010 7:22 am

Ulmdorgr wrote:If you do the math, an 80x gram for $60 would get you 5 times as many experiences for 3 times the cost. Except, you have to be really careful with 80x ahaha.

Do you REALLY enjoy dipping your toes? The experience is always frightful for my ego, so diving in is much less unnerving.

Hahah, perhaps you're right. In real life, I never could just jump into a cold pool and get it over with, I would slowly suffer my way in.

With sally, I'm always somewhat nervous before taking the plunge, but then afterwards I always feel it was a rewarding experience. Sometimes when I'm in the trip I think this is the greatest thing ever. It's the build up that gets me, that and my girlfriend (sitter) has never tried it so can't relate to the experience, even though she's supportive of the trip, this weekend will give it another whirl...

You use a sitter with 80x right? how long does the trip last?
jasonsalvia

Next

Return to Methods of Use