Salvia Divinorum Quid Method

The different ways to consume/use Salvia divinorum and other entheogens, personal rituals, and trip reports.

Re: Salvia Divinorum Quid Method

Postby SF » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:42 pm

i think for the most part they might of found out about medicinal and edible plants from watching local animals. I watched that video on youtube where the Jaguar eats Ayahuasca.

That shows that there is something natural about using and discovering plants. Maybe once when humans were more animal then domesticated humans. I am not saying there animals but i am saying when we lived more like animals. We may of had the ability to discover plants for food but just smelling them or maybe it was a natural knowledge like the animals have. We might know that a plant is food just by watching the animals eat for a few days.

The other thing is this. Medicinal plants taste bitter. Its not very hard to find some plants and chew on the leaves a bit to get a taste. If the taste is extremely bitter that would hint to a chemical make up of the plant.

Salvia has a bitter taste when your chewing on the leaves. Some people say it taste so bad they cant take it.
I disagree i dont think it taste good but its not bad at all. The part i didn't like to much is the time you have to whole it in your mouth. While at the same time all this Salvia spit builds up and there is no where for it to go.

I try to use smaller amounts of leaves and do more than one quid i find that method more effective and less awkward.
SF
Site Admin

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:03 pm

I don't get it. The jaguar only ate one vine... it takes two to trip...

But yeah, like the narrator says, they typically do it to help their digestive system, but then they stumble upon this gem...

And yes, you gotta do 2+ quids or its uncomfortable.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby SF » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:09 am

Unstable - yes telsa was and still is my hero. he spoke around 6 different languages and had shaman like visions which he used to analyze nature and natural electricity known as ether.

What from i have noticed in life i would say that in my opinion we are multidimensional beings meaning we can go in and out of other dimensions at different times. We have a soul or a spirit what ever you want to call it. This spirit can travel places that we couldn't take our body. We may be in more realms then just one. Right now we may be in the real world and in the spirit world but the problem is for most people your conscious side can only be at one place at one time so there for your stuck in your body till you go to sleep at night.

when your sleeping sometimes you can take conscious with you in order to explore dreaming realms and be able to bring back the memory's of this realm. With out consciousness in our dreams we are like a chicken with his head cut off just running around not knowing what is going on. Just here to be here nothing more.

Some people have been known to master there dreams and can use them spiritual maybe more like what tesla could do.

those are just some thoughts and opinions of mine. doesn't make them fact.

Ulmdorgr That jaguar only ate one and takes 2 two trip ? i dont know what you mean there. I dont know how much ayahuasca it would take that Jaguar to feel anything but i am sure it wouldnt take much. Some of those vines way out there in the wild are not normally used for ayahuasca because the potency is not know.

the plants the shamans use have been selected and cultivated for many many years. They always use the same plants so they know what to expect.

The other thing is you said it takes 2 to trip i dont think anyone would know how much it takes a jaguar or any other living being for that matter. everyone has different chemistry. sometimes ayahuasca doesnt work at all for some people they have to do it over and over to get there system used to it before it will effect them.

some people take small amounts of Ayahuasca and get powerful visions while others take huge amounts to find that not much happens visual.

Ulmdorgr Yes That jaguar uses the Ayahuasca to clean out his system but so does every shaman in peru.
Ayahuasca have the ability to clean you out. A lot of times that's why you purge according to what i read.
This brings up the idea of either the jaguar is cleaning out his system or needs it for medicine or maybe both.
he is attracted by the plant eats it likes how it makes him feel and i dont think he knows it cleans him out he just does it because its natural.
SF
Site Admin

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:26 pm

I'm saying Ayahuasca is a combination of two vines (DMT & MAOIs). The jaguar only ate one, so how can it trip? I don't get how it is eating Ayahuasca when Ayahuasca is a cooked concoction.

I just read something on Wikipedia (no source this time) about how some people would add P. Viridis to Caapi so that it would taste better; which would mean they felt the trip to be a side effect or that Caapi was the special ingredient in the mix... Hmm...

And the digestive system thing is actually what they do: they eat vegetation and then vomit it. Domestic cats and dogs do it to.
http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/nutriti ... tgrass.htm
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby SF » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Ulmdorgr Yes and No But you have a really good point that i would like to help make clear.

Ok Ayahuasca Is Really Only Banisteriopsis cappi cooked in a pot till its a good concentration of MAOI. Sometimes this is the only plant used in Ayahuasca infact this is the plant that gives Ayahuasca the name. However other plants are most often used in the brew as well to strengthen visions and dreams. From what i read the vine is active on its own but in large amounts. Adding a dmt source such as viridis this will bring on powerful visions if enough is used. The Ayahuasca aka the caapi Vine is the MAOI that will in a way activate the dmt. It lowers the MAO threshold allowing dmt to pass.

I think there is a banisteriopsis vine that has dmt but its not ayahuasca. I think it was rarely used and not even well heard of.
Maybe greenman44 could help us to understand that when he come by this post.

to sum it up ayahuasca is the vine and only one plant the rest are additives (with powerful effects)
So the word Ayahuasca is a name for the Brew of one main plant. So by me and others calling the plant Ayahuasca its not technically right.
SF
Site Admin

Postby SF » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Also while we are on topic. There is DMT naturally in our brains so ihave come to believe that The Vine would work if enough was taken without any additives. I could be wrong.
SF
Site Admin

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:03 pm

I think DMT in the pineal gland was just a theory. Plus, if it's in your blood, you don't need a MAOI, because you're not ingesting it.
Ulmdorgr

Postby unstable » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:19 pm

@ulmdorgr-
interesting video with Terrence Mckenna. What struck me the most is the idea of + and -, the duality. There is someone very close to me who has had mystical experiences without the aid of entheogens and he has spoken of the same sorts of things.

ayahuasca
I've only read a couple of books by Rick Strassman and various things online...wikipedia, erowid etc. I've always been under the impression that ayahuasca consisted of both b. caapi and p. viridis. I've heard it said that one gives the "light" while the other gives the brew "strength" (or something like that). B. caapi has the needed MAOI and the p. viridis provides the additional DMT required by the recipe.

from wikipedia (not that it's the most reliable of sources):
It contains the beta-carboline harmala alkaloids and MAOIs harmine, harmaline, and tetrahydroharmine. The MAOIs in B. caapi allow the primary psychoactive compound, DMT (which is introduced from the other primary ingredient in Ayahausca, the Psychotria viridis plant), to be orally active. The stems contain 0.11-0.83% beta-carbolines, with harmine and tetrahydroharmine as the major components.[2].

So being that b. caapi by itself contains DMT as well as the MAOI to make the DMT orally active, one would only need to consume enough b. caapi in order to experience the effects of the DMT (assuming that the individual isn't ingesting TOO much of the other stuff that is included in the b. caapi). B. caapi is also referred to "ayahuasca" by itself...so it can lead to some confusion when discussing these things. As far as I know, which is very, very little...the ayahuasca brew is traditionally made with both viridis and caapi...lots of ambiguity from the internet however.

according to this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_plants
b. caapi: Harmine 0.31-0.84%,[82] tetrahydroharmine, telepathine, dihydroshihunine,[83] 5-MeO-DMT in bark[84]
...She said all energy is only borrowed, and one day you have to give it back.
unstable

Postby dworx » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:25 am

Diplopterys cabrarena??? [Spelling] Is the plant with both MAOI and DMT, is hard to source though esp. live plants- on the wanted list.lol
Aya is just B. caapi or I should say brewed B.Caapi is Aya, but there are variations of Aya -used can include tree datura ie brugmansia or toe. Psych viridiis,Psych carthinigensis or chagriponga ie D.Cabrarena or MHRB [Mimosa Hostilis root bark]. It is also known that alternative aya mixes work using Syrian rue as maoi and any combination of DMT containing plants. I aint no good at names but google these and you will find em eventually or just visit a shamanic herb store site it will list plants, and there are many great forums, SAB - shaman-australis botanical site in Australia etcetc
dworx

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:01 pm

ulmdy, great link!!!!!
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:15 am

Also see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_entheogens for more info on the plants that dworx referred to.
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:31 am

i know this one,
ty,

datura grows wild here everywhere, nobody dares it, ---it kills for sure...do not recomend , nor that i know(not because i know)f, do that more englishable , i just feel it is not good.
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:12 am

Yeah, I was interested in Henbane and Fly Agaric after watching Sacred Weeds, but both are really toxic, so I don't think I'll handle those without synthetic chemicals.
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:47 am

i am not into chemicals at all, man made stuff is bad---it is a rule------ nature has it all ---down with the chems!!!! ;)
nothim

PreviousNext

Return to Methods of Use