External states...

The different ways to consume/use Salvia divinorum and other entheogens, personal rituals, and trip reports.

External states...

Postby katsumoto » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Just curious in what environments you guys have tried. Examples...

-Outside morning, day, twilight, night, very late/early morning.
-Inside at dif times
- with a sitter, with friends, alone
- events
- etc.

different moods too maybe? Im sure these different states really effect the experience so I'm curious.
katsumoto

Re: External states...

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:56 pm

I've always done it inside. I always do it when I'm at my baseline mood; but the event is exciting so it quickly changes things. I've done it in the dark and with lights on (most out of this world experience was with lights on). The first major experience I had was sitting in the dark half of a large (35x15 ft) room while my sitters were on the light side (the setting didn't matter until I was coming back). I've always done it with multiple people present. It took a few times to figure out the optimal setting (closed room, lights off, blankets on the floor, sitting).

I haven't tried it in a few months. If I begin to experiment again, I will definitely keep trying to adjust variables. From what I understand, the more you do it, the less different your trips will become (you see similar things each time). That seems to contradict low end (physical reality) psychedelic experiences, but adhere to the reports of beyond reality trips (overdosing/DMT/salvia).

The afterglow is highly dependent upon the trip and the emotions it evokes. I've had calming effects, poignant and tearful reflections on life, energizing and social effects (I was at a party), sleepy effects (I got a headache while I was writing my trip report, about an hour after; I never get headaches), and even no afterglow (low doses).
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby brainstew232 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:25 pm

I've found that music greatly changes the kind of trip you have... (At least for me...)
brainstew232

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:47 am

Yeah when I was in the party setting, the booming gangster/club rap definitely caused my afterglow.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:59 am

ulmdy lol, are you into rap music?
that expains the slash link no reply from any...
the chinese girl got inspired from global (how to set the room....) 8-) ...!?!

ok, never when i am down , with a sitter, someone that has been through aswell, with music all the time, dressed simple and with light colors , white clothes will do fine, no noise from the outside( if the dogs bark , or the cars roar , it is not so good lol), inside or outside , it does not matter, preferable the temp to be around 20 celsius( once i sweated so much , and it was so cold , that i was focus on not getting cold, then the experince itself, so the temp spoiled everything), a simple candle is more than enough, not too much light either, in total darkness if possible, in the morning or in the evening when the sun starts its journey, laid down completly, didge music increases the experince more than normal(ordinary) music , but it is softer, music to be calm, room simple, not too aglomerated, outside is kick ass if you can find some nice quite spots in the forest, so you can hear the birds sing early in the morning , man , it is beautiful, once we went at night in the forest with torch lights, it was pitch black, and scary, but once we get to the place, the moon lighted everything in the small clearing...beautiful, stars...., we made a fire and waited to die down, so we could see only the bright red burning charcoal...., kick ass man...., some light food afterwards, like a sandwich, a fruit...
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:26 am

I listen to everything, but was previously a metal head (once a metal head, always a metal head).

I forgot to say, my preferred clothes are a black shirt with fuzzy black sweat pants. Barefooted. Must be warm.

When I did a theoretical dose of 24mg, I didn't sweat at all. But all other uses caused me to sweat. Strange...
Ulmdorgr

Postby katsumoto » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:17 pm

oooh another question, how often do you guys use salvia and to what extent? (ex: once a week with 20x extract, etc)

Im thinking of keeping a log from now on of experiences, dunno yet.
katsumoto

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:35 am

Do it. I keep lots of notes (date, time, setting, amount, how well I pulled the smoke/for how long, things people said, how I felt, what I saw, afterglow, etc.).

My first experiences were about 2-3 hours apart. The first one was very physical, the second was ego death.

I don't think I did it again for a few weeks (1-3). After that I decided not to touch it for a few weeks at a time, so that I could "detox." Although salvinorin A is metabolized within just a few hours (about 290 µg/hour), and its after glow can last for days, I try to be emotionally cleansed and give my body some time to rebound, even if its unnecessary.

I haven't touched it for over 3 months. It's not necessary at the moment.
Ulmdorgr

Postby katsumoto » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:18 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:I don't think I did it again for a few weeks (1-3). After that I decided not to touch it for a few weeks at a time, so that I could "detox." Although salvinorin A is metabolized within just a few hours (about 290 µg/hour), and its after glow can last for days, I try to be emotionally cleansed and give my body some time to rebound, even if its unnecessary.

I was feeling the same way (about the lingering after glow) and feeling like some detox/rebound time is pretty beneficial.
katsumoto

Postby Sentia » Tue May 11, 2010 9:30 am

I've tried smoking the 20x extract a few times, with varying results. My first experience was completely overwhelming, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and have learned a lot from it. I was alone in my room, sitting on a mattress on the floor with my laptop beside me, playing music. The song I picked was "(Just Like We) Breakdown (DFA Remix)" by DFA/Hot Chip. It was dusk and I had drawn the curtains. I had the house to myself and I was cocooned in my room, eagerly awaiting the answer to my question of "what are hallucinogens like?". I have been fascinated by psychoactive substances for years, but never dared let go of my sanity completely before now to immerse myself in the world of psychedelics. I prepared for my experience by reading everything I could find about the plant and people's experiences with her, although I still had no idea how much to actually take, or whether my idea of smoking it in a cigarette would even work. I took a big pinch between thumb and forefinger, and placed it near the end of a cigarette, which I smoked while holding it in a flame. I was a little nervous, but I felt sure that no harm would come to me. Well, it did work, and I got the answer to my question. I also learned some lessons:

- Salvia wants me to lie down. All of the tugging and twisting sensations seemed to lessen as I went with them to curl up in the fetal position.
    - Salvia wants me to be in silence. The music didn't help. I wasn't really consciously aware of it at all, but at the same time it felt like it was pulling me in the opposite direction to the one I was going in. As soon as I regained some of my normal functions I had to switch it off, although it was comforting to listen to other music once the effects had subsided, as the experience had left me somewhat shaken.
    - Salvia wants me to close my eyes. I was too busy trying to figure out what the hell was going on with my room/universe/pea-pod and who let these people in to realise this. I was also trying not to get sucked in to the giant black void that had suddenly somehow opened up to my right, and by the time I figured out that this was how to get into the tunnel that led to the giant tree where all the gnomes were going to meet their mother, it had disappeared. While I was scrabbling around at the fringes of reality I had no real concept of how to use those two holes in my head to enter her world.

My subsequent experiences have been much milder, because I want to become comfortable with the plant before venturing further into her domain. I have been using much smaller doses and working my way up. I feel most comfortable sitting in silence with my eyes either closed or open at these doses. Having anyone else in the house unnerves me - I can't imaging what it would be like having another person in the room with me - and the few times I have had to interact with someone immediately after my trip it felt very intrusive, almost embarrassing, as if I were somehow naked. Regardless of the experience, Salvia always leaves me with the same mixture of emotions: joy and fear, confusion and certainty, familiarity and strangeness.
Sentia

Postby nothim » Tue May 11, 2010 11:04 am

nice !
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue May 11, 2010 2:50 pm

Ahah that sounds about right.

My last session, quite recently, had some strange results. On my first attempt I was in plateaus 1 and briefly 2. What was strange was this: right when I hit the peak, my body started vibrating HARD. I am very comfortable with the feeling, from previous experiences, but this was extremely intense. I had a sitter off to one side, and I was narrating what I was feeling because I knew I wasn't going to break through to higher plateaus. So I'm sitting there and my skin is vibrating, and I say, "I can see my heart beat" because I could literally see it. My sitter then says to me, "So can I." I turn and just look at my sitter with an open mouth and say, "You're blowing my mind. You can?!" I was basically having a seizure in slow motion, undulating with some perverse energy. I love it =) I then lost interest in the outward manifestation of my feelings, and returned to the feeling itself. It moved down into my legs, which I had extended in front of me (I sit like a baby would when I use this chemical), and I it just felt like my thighs were pulsating or lifting up towards my face in a rhythm.

Attempt #2: I broke through partially. Besides the open eye visuals I had as I was going down the tunnel (which don't amount to much besides the typical rotating crosses/gears, circular shapes, and other fractal-like imagery), I reached a comfortable place in my mind. There's this reoccurring thing thats starting to happen when I invoke the goddess... I start to pat my legs (I am unaware that this is happening). This time, however, I started singing. SINGING. My sitter confirmed that I had done this, and was able to help me remember what I was chanting (partially). Yeah it blew my mind too. I was chanting something like, "_ _ (unknown syllables) <Ulmdorgr> is going home" but with my first name. I take it that I was chanting what I was hearing from the beings, and that by going home, my physical body was returning to the physical plane, and as the pilot, I too would have to go. Since I don't have a name, there's no way they would be able to reference _me_ with a proper noun or name ("he" is not applicable to the formless).

Anyways, I didn't get much out of that except I was able to identify a lot of the imagery, and now I know that I MUST record (for my eyes only) every session in case I say something magnificent.
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Sun May 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Sentia your first 20X experience parallels my own!

I saw a spinning vortex to my lower right and it was slowly moving toward my upper left, sort of across me, and it was enveloping everything in its path including me. To the right of it was blackness. I did not know whether to move to the right, to pass through the spinning vortex to the blackness beyond, or to the left to escape the vortex. So I stood still and the vortex "assimilated" me. Then I started to see very faint colorful patterns, shaped sort of like amoeba, which overlaid my entire field of vision. It was like I was looking through a living, moving, colorful, patterned lens.

Of course that was all after I was rhythmically, to the accompaniment of a pulsing sound (my heartbeart?) splayed out and flattended to the ground, then lifted as I was moulded into the face of a vividly detailed brick wall, which somehow I interpreted as a school building and that separated me from reality. (BTW this portion occurred on both of my first two experiences on separate days). I reportedly arose from my chair and went into another room - to escape that effect I presume. Then the vortex approached as I mentioned in the paragraph above.

I found my first experience very disquieting and extremely surprising.
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon May 31, 2010 11:53 am

You should trip in the room that you went to. It could serve some unknown significance... Location is vitally important to this experience.

Let's continue this in the other thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=230&start=20
Ulmdorgr

Return to Methods of Use