Journal Entry - one of my favorite experiences

The different ways to consume/use Salvia divinorum and other entheogens, personal rituals, and trip reports.

Journal Entry - one of my favorite experiences

Postby swatch » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:31 pm

In keeping with the Yin and Yang, I wanted to also post one of my favorite experiences with Salvia. This one happened just a mere 3 weeks after the unpleasant one, and while the journal entry isn't as descriptive, hopefully you will enjoy it.

----entry starts here---
Tonite I decided to take a journey with Salvia again. I loaded up my pipe, took 2 hits, and started watching the TV until the wave hit. Once it did, I told my wife “here it goes!”, and then I smiled and waited to see what was going to happen.

I laid back on the bed and closed my eyes, and I started feeling the rolling effect. No concept of how I was laying. It’s hard to describe, because I don’t “see” things, but I feel like i'm seeing them. I felt my life splitting off again, and this time I was ok with it. I left my life as I know it, and it split into these different levels, yet I wasn’t living any of these lives...it was just like someone took a snapshot of lives that I had or something and I was seeing them. Oh, and they were all in different directions, like space or something shifted and one was facing, say east, and another was facing south south east, then another was facing south, etc....

Then I had the feeling that I saw my first close childhood friend. That’s all I got. No memories, no vision of him. Just the feeling and his name.

The last thing I remember, which I also won’t be able to explain, was an intense feeling of an afterlife of sorts. Just this feeling that the life I have here, while very important, means nothing because there is something else afterwards. It was like I ”came to terms“ with my mortality or something, and realised this is life, but after I die, it’ll be ok too, because there’s something else.
I came out of it, opened my eyes, and looked at my wfe. I had this huge smile on my face, and my heart felt very warm, caring, and loving, and I told her ”It’s going to be ok, sweetie. This life doesn’t matter, because there is something else after this.“ She immediately became worried, and then I had to explain to her (or try to explain) what I had felt. It almost completely ruined the feeling I was having. Then I told her this is why I don’t want to do this with her, and why I need to only do it with my best friend, because they wouldn’t start getting all weird about things. They would be supportive and ask questions, and be excited for me to try and answer or tell them things about what I just made that statement about. She said ”you’re worrying me because now you are basically saying you don’t care about this life with me and your children.“ A 15 minute discussion ensued regarding this situation, and I won't bore you with the details, but it ended well.

Anyway, what a very interesting experience. I am no longer worried when I do Salvia now. I know I come back. One thing I’m annoyed about now is the taste. hehehe I never used to think that, but maybe that was because I was so focused on what was and had happened that I didn’t think about it, but now when I come back, I hate the taste in my mouth. I’m thinking I’m going to start having a coke or something next to me so I can get the taste out quicker. My friend had the right idea when he said he sipped a drink right after he hit the pipe. Trouble was...he had almost no transition into his trip, which is weird. He must have a bigger pipe or packed more in, or something. I am waiting for him to respond to that.

--end of journal entry---

What's funny is that I told my best friend about this experience, and he said "Leave it to a woman to take one of the most spiritual, introspective feelings you've ever had in your life, and turn it into something about her". hahahahaha

As I read this journal entry again, I get a tingling in my body as I remember just how wonderful a feeling I had coming out of that trip, and even though it was short-lived, I can conjure the feeling up again every now and again, just by thinking about it, as I am now. Our brains are truly wonderful.
swatch

Re: Journal Entry - one of my favorite experiences

Postby SF » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:17 pm

very interesting story. I have been thinking lately. You know our subconscious mind is one of the most powerful things maybe even more powerful than a computer. We have so much information and things that we cant not normally access and whenever you use plants such as salvia i wouldnt be surprised if salvia allows you insight into your subconscious mind.
Then there is the idea of the mind is just a translator of the soul and maybe our souls remember things from past lives or from the future.

The funny thing is according to science time, past, present and future are all at the same time.
SF
Site Admin

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:51 pm

I love salvia because it can throw me straight into my imagination if the dose is just right. Like... I sit and listen to music, take a perfect hit, and all of a sudden I'm in a colorful void of marching fractal men. Mind blowing. One moment I'm here, the next my subconscious is alive.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby SF » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:23 pm

Agreed, its like terence mckenna said, its like taking a rocket ship to the moon. One second your here the next your completely gone into the dream.
SF
Site Admin

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:35 am

So beautiful. I can't wait to travel in my starship again :D
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Return to Methods of Use