My salvia plant living Brazil

Help On Growing Salvia Divinorum

My salvia plant living Brazil

Postby Dembiotech » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:31 am

this is my salvia plant living brazil , 1 year and 6 mounths since rooting stage . flowering last mounth . very good heathly plant
Dembiotech

Re: My salvia plant living Brazil

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:09 pm

Ooo flowering! Take a picture!
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby SF » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:15 pm

Dembiotech wrote:this is my salvia plant living brazil , 1 year and 6 mounths since rooting stage . flowering last mounth . very good heathly plant

WOW we would all love to see her flowering. Can you show us a few pictures?

Once she does flower you might want to think about pollinating the flowers. Get a qtip or a small paint brush used for art. Rub the pain brush against one flower and you may even see a little dust that is the pollen. Now transfer the pollen onto another flower and just move it around for a bit. This should work and you will be the first one on this forum to makes seeds.

good luck to you
SF
Site Admin

Postby cbu48 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:13 pm

SF wrote:
Dembiotech wrote:this is my salvia plant living brazil , 1 year and 6 mounths since rooting stage . flowering last mounth . very good heathly plant

WOW we would all love to see her flowering. Can you show us a few pictures?

Once she does flower you might want to think about pollinating the flowers. Get a qtip or a small paint brush used for art. Rub the pain brush against one flower and you may even see a little dust that is the pollen. Now transfer the pollen onto another flower and just move it around for a bit. This should work and you will be the first one on this forum to makes seeds.

good luck to you

mmmm salvia divinorum can self pollinate her flowers?
I am a cactus collector and i know only some species of cactus flowers can self pollinate her own pollen, and other species only needs another plant pollen to make seeds (otherwise nothing happens).

maybe this is the reason of why only few peoples can have seeds of this plant.

correct me if im wrong.
cbu48

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:35 pm

You may be right, however self pollination techniques have been promoted by some of the best growers on the net. You can only find out by trying.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby SF » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Yes this method of producing salvia divinorum seeds has already been proven many times. If you have two different strains than maybe the odds of producing more seeds would be better only time will tell.
SF
Site Admin

Return to Salvia Divinorum Cultivation