**[email protected]@KING for LUNA cutting**

Help On Growing Salvia Divinorum

**[email protected]@KING for LUNA cutting**

Postby Bob Smith » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:41 am

Hi Fellow Members! I have searched EVERYWHERE for a Luna strain Salvia d. cutting to complete my collection,but with absolutely NO luck. I'm about ready to give up then thought that another Salvia lover might have one that they'd would be willing to part with. Just let me know what you need. You would make this farmer VERY, VERY HAPPY !!! Someone PLEASE respond. THANKS GANG.......Bob
Bob Smith

Re: **[email protected]@KING for LUNA cutting**

Postby ChemistKen » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:41 am

As far as I know there is only one grower here who has a luna strain and I don't think they are cutting yet so stick around...what other strains of salvia do you have if I might ask?
ChemistKen

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:14 am

No one here, that can or will share, has a Luna.
Ulmdorgr

Postby graceface » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:17 am

Please someone share their Luna. Good karma all around. :)
graceface

Postby cbu48 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:37 am

what are the difference between the typical salvia divinorum and the salvia divinorum luna strain?
cbu48

Postby swatch » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:49 pm

I have a question/suggestion similar to CBU48...

I'd like to know what all these different strains mean, and in addition, I'd love it if someone could open up a new thread called "Salvia Strains (with pictures)" and show us what they all look like.

Thanks!
swatch

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:09 am

There's very little information on it. The strains come from new plants that people have successfully grown from blosser/bunnel seeds. Daniel Siebert produced one of, if not the first, new strains. He talks about it a bit on his site, and lists a few strain names, like Paradox.

A few of the guys over at salvia source have alternate strains. The plants have different leaf shape and coloration, but are otherwise the same. It's possible that they could produce different amounts salvinorin A, but unlikely.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby grimmel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:43 am

Hey people just thought I would share what I have learned about salvia strains, which may not all be correct. I originally ordered salvia on ebay about ten+ years ago, when there where three known strains, the Hoffman/Wasson strain, the Blosser and the Luna. I ordered all three cuttings, nice sized cuttings.., for 15 bucks flat. Sad to see how unethical people are by selling at such an outrages price nowadays....newho.. I grew these beautiful plants for 2 years, then I lost them in a freak effin winter storm..

The Hoffman strain, I guess what "they" are calling "bunnel" now, has a different vein structure in the leaf than Blosser.,The Hoffman has fairly well defined, serrated leaf edges and a slightly darker color tone than the Blosser, it is also supposedly slightly more potent than the Blosser which was also at one time reffered to as the Blosser(palatable) because the taste of the plant isnt as strong as the Hoffman when chewed.

The Blosser strain was said to have slightly to severely mottled leaves (which apparently varies from plant to plant, or that was a misconception fromt the start)although, my first Blosser strain was mottled my new one arent..,the edges of the leaves aren't nearly as serrated and sometimes completely smooth,in most cases, it also appears lighter and almost silvery, yellow with the top of the leaf being smoother in comparison to the Hoffman.

Which finally brings me to my favorite, and most impossible strain to find without giving and arm and a leg...The Luna Strain. awesome little plant, the leaves are a dark forest green, they also seem to be more stiff to the touch than the Hoffman or the blosser, the leaves are robust and more rounded than the others mentioned above with heavily serrated edges. The taste is as strong as the Hoffman. All of these plants can tolerate a good amount of direct sunlight if it isnt too hot and they are acclimated to it properly. Right now I have quite a few healthy Blossers( still small).. I just recently decided to get back into cultivating. I recieved my first cuttings a few weeks ago, and I am on the look out for more, in order to diversify the genetics..., if anyone would be interested in trading, please hit me up. I am pretty sure I also have a Hoffman, I wont be positive until it gets a bit larger, but I am still looking for the LUNA STRAIN, if anybody could help with that,that would be kool. but I am willing to trade for any strains possible. Hope my two cents sorted some things out.
grimmel

Return to Salvia Divinorum Cultivation