Many question, please help

Help On Growing Salvia Divinorum

Many question, please help

Postby egarcia9484 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:36 pm

okay so i have a few questions involving different issues/ any help would be appreciated.

i have recently moved to a new place but still in the same town. when i lived at my old place i always had these tiny flying black bugs. i never noticed this affecting my plant but now at my new place it seems that there are 3x more of these little things. they are all around my plants and everywhere in the house. i am still unsure if these bugs are hurting the plant or not but they are definitely getting very annoying. is there any pesticide that anyone could recommend that is safe for salvia and animals(pets)?

also i try my hardest to avoid using tap water when water my plants. so instead i have bought bottled drinking water and split them between myself and my plants. i usually have no problem with this but now that i am starting to take cuttings and grow more than just a single plant, it seems like it could get kinda pricey buying jugs of water. so my question is. can i use tap water to water my salvia or does it have so many hard minerals? is there a good process to make tap water usable? or should i just buy jugs of distilled water?

my plant is about 3 feet tall and just has a single stalk with a few leaves coming off the sides near the top. i took a cutting from the tip in hopes that it would cease to grow upward and begin to branch out to the sides. however this was not the case. after taking the cutting, 2 new branches grew out the top near the cut and began to again grow upward. i was wondering if there is a way to force the plant to stop growing upward and start growing branches on the sides?

i have never used fertilizer on my plants, but i know i should. i have one plant that is in MiracleGro potting soil only, and another plant that is in a mix of 2 parts soil(same as first plant) and 1 part perlite. i was wondering was type of fertilizer i should use to promote the most leaf production from the plants?
egarcia9484

Re: Many question, please help

Postby nothim » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:53 am

use a solution of lavander , water and juniper berries and spray

use rainwater, or leave tap water to rest for one day before water and add a tsp of vinegar to one liter of water

cut it from where you want to branch

u need humidity for leaf production , use liquid fertilizers mixed with water
nothim

Postby egarcia9484 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:48 pm

thank you very much.

should i use the lavender, juniper, water mix all the time to spray the plant with or just on occasion?
egarcia9484

Postby egarcia9484 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:08 pm

also how can i cut the plant if there are no branches coming from that spot? right now i just have 2 branches coming out the top. but i want more out the sides but i have nothing to take cuttings from on the side. sry if this is a stupid question... i still kinda new to this.
egarcia9484

Postby nothim » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:48 pm

spray from time to time or til the problem is solved, there is no harm to the plant

it tends to be one stem , it does not branch too much if it is too dry

if you have one plant , you can only cut the top of it , where the top leaves are, the leaves will help the cutting develop roots faster , it can be done with only the stem but you need lots of humidity in the air , temp at 20 or less celsius, lots of light and no direct sun at all

just search the forum ---you will find info on how to take cuttings......
nothim

Return to Salvia Divinorum Cultivation