How deep to plant?

Help On Growing Salvia Divinorum

How deep to plant?

Postby erdosain9 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Hey.
I bought a Salvia Divinorum. I think it is planted wrong.
Has two knots underground. Is that right?
Because roots grew from the two knots. I think the part between the two nodes can dry out or rot, and then only serve the roots of the first knot ... having weakened the plant.
Do you guys think?

of course, I ask because the plant is not well

I hope you understand something, this is a google translation ...
thank you very much
erdosain9

Re: How deep to plant?

Postby nothim » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:07 am

it's ok!
it can develope roots from anywhere on the stem if conditions are optimum.
post photos btw
and maybe you watered to much ; if the soil is moist , do not water more! keep her with no direct sunlight (use a shade) with a humidity tent at 20 celsius and you will be just fine !!!
nothim

Postby erdosain9 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:43 pm

thank you very much.
The plant does not grow, nor is getting worse ...
For now it is static ...
Is there anything I can do to bring the plant to grow?
Thank you very much!
erdosain9

Postby grimmel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:16 am

I put my cuttings directly into soil about 1 to 1.5 inches deep, water heavy immedetly after, put them where it can get very little morning sun to start (filtered preferred, but not neccessary) after about a week or two start to slowly acclimated to 3 or 4 hours of direct morning sun or filtered sun is fine too. Dont water until only the top soil is fairly dry to the touch or the pot your plant is feels lightweight, then saturate it again....

if you have a lot of leaves take off the lower sets of leaves( you can also clone leaves,which take longer,but can be done) only leaving a few at the top if to have any large leaves at the top cut the tips off by half.In the case of root rot, you may want to take a healthy cutting from the top just incase your plant takes a turn for the worst and start a clone with that, if the root rot is extremely bad cut the stem seperating the healthy tissue from the rot, and repeat the above procedure ;]
I rarely use a humidity tent. leaving the plant in a tent all the time makes it harder to acclimate to outdoor condidtions,imo, and you will probally loose leaves that have formed under the higher humidity. If the cuttings start to sag thats when I will place them in the tent until theyre upright again. hope this helps.as for the plant growth, it takes a lot out of salvia to produce new roots, when the root structure is strong enough she'll grow., have patience.
grimmel

Return to Salvia Divinorum Cultivation