help with grow box

Help On Growing Salvia Divinorum

help with grow box

Postby egarcia9484 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:30 pm

hello everyone,

i am starting to setup my first grow box for SD but i am unsure on how to match the growing conditions for the plant. i was thinking about using a large cardboard box with the inside lined with tin foil. im pretty sure that will make a good starter box, but i dont know what lights i should use. im thinking about using 2 or 3 CFLs (if this is a bad idea or if anyone has a better idea please let me know.) and of course a fan. there are a few things i am still unsure of. should the box have ventilation holes? and what should be the temperature and humidity level inside the box?
egarcia9484

Re: help with grow box

Postby SF » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:47 am

i would recommend using a clear plastic storage container that you can get at almost any store such as walmart, home depot, lowes. This will act as a humidity dome and help keep your plants from drying out when humidity levels are low. Get a few cfl's with reflector's that has the clamps.

use fish emulsions for fertiliser.
good luck.
SF
Site Admin

Postby egarcia9484 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:13 pm

What should the temperature and humidity level be inside the grow box?
egarcia9484

Postby nothim » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:54 am

20 celsius and as long as you can see small drops of water on the inside of the plastic ---the humidity is ok
nothim

Postby SF » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:17 am

use a misting bottle to spray fine mist around the sides and the lid of your box. once or twice a day should be plenty.
SF
Site Admin

Postby slinky » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:55 pm

don't line the box with tinfoil, epecially if you are using it with cfls. the foil will focus light and burn the plants- or at least it did it to my lowryders in their growbox.
anything that i post here is fictional, for my entertainment, and not to be taken seriously.
slinky

Return to Salvia Divinorum Cultivation