Beginner issues, any suggestions?

Help On Growing Salvia Divinorum

Beginner issues, any suggestions?

Postby ScUrbin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:55 am

Well first let me just give a shout out to Bob Smith for supplying me with 3 nice plants for a low price. Shipping was fast and reliable as they survived the trip and cold. He also walked me through some steps on how to grow. So any one interested in buying healthy plants I suggest Bob Smith from NY, who I will also eventually buy more from.

Here is my question. I am starting to see small black spots on the edges, which weren't there yesterday when they arrived. I read it was necrosis, and that possible reasons could be too much watering/misting (have only been misting), too little humidity (had them in the open the first day but are now in a humid box - see pics), or roots clumped up. Does any one have any experience with this and have any suggestions? Or am I over worrying as it will go away on it's own? Thanks!

Here they are when they first arrived:

As you can see, very droopy and sad looking.

This morning after being in a basic humid box this is what they look like now:

Very perky and happy looking, minus the necrosis.

And here is my setup:

ScUrbin

Re: Beginner issues, any suggestions?

Postby ScUrbin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:33 am

Well this was last week, finally a week later the mods approved it :shock:
So a lot has changed, I made a new chamber and moved the light (60w GE grow light - which I was told was not that good) about 2 feet away, re-potted with miracle grow soil and perlite. Also added a humidifier. I water them once a week with bottled water. Since then they have gone from bad to horrible! I think they're done for, all leaves have dropped and became dry, stem is turning brown from the bottom down and every day it gets worse and more brown. I have moved them out of the chamber and are now by the window. Attached are pics from a few days ago.

And here they are today:

:cry:
ScUrbin

Postby nothim » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:21 pm

you watered too much , you read the earier post on swatch , that is what you have to do!

p.s. fertilizer in the soil might be too much aswell
nothim

Postby DanielThomas » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:06 am

It seems that there is some infection to your plants. you need to use some more care of the plants and use a compost pesticide instead of organic or chemical pesticide. The chemical pesticide can harm your plants.
DanielThomas

Postby Veritas_91 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:57 pm

2 years ago I got my plant from Bob Smith too. They also died the next day after receiving them. Recently i found out that this plant as many other grow best in Sphagnum Moss. If you have any questions about growing plants let me know. More then happy to help. http://veritas.ecrater.com/
Veritas_91

Return to Salvia Divinorum Cultivation