Is this sally D?

Help On Growing Salvia Divinorum

Is this sally D?

Postby sircrf » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:33 am

Alright so I had a grow log a while ago however my plant died due to a pest infestation + the climate wasnt right.

Now I live in Humboldt county and I found what I believe to be saliva divinourm(behind my dorm) the only thing that is odd is the purple stems

1sally.jpg

2sally.jpg
sircrf

Re: Is this sally D?

Postby SF » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:49 pm

NO, that plant is related and is in the mint family but is not salvia divinorum. Salvia Divinorum only grows wild in Mexico in some areas but was previously planted there by the mazatec more than likely

this does look similar to calea zachatechichi
It would be nice to try and get a id on this plant. What state and county are you in? you might be able to look this plant up on [url]plants.usda.gov[/url]
SF
Site Admin

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:21 am

Those leaves are too stubby, too serrated, too bright, and the texture on top looks different.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby SF » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:46 pm

I'm not sure the proper term but Salvia Divinorum doesn't have the spiked leaf edges.
SF
Site Admin

Postby swatch » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:17 pm

Not to mention the stem looks like wood, and Salvia Divinorum stems are green and squared with a hollow-like inside.

I'm by NO means a botanist, but the leaves almost resemble a Coleus plant, except for the absence of the beautiful purple or reddish colored patterns that blot the inside of the leaf.
swatch

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:35 am

Here's a good table of leaf morphology terms; study it! :D good cheatsheet
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... hology.svg
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Return to Salvia Divinorum Cultivation