Salvia Divinorum Problem, from Chile xD

Help On Growing Salvia Divinorum

Re: Salvia Divinorum Problem, from Chile xD

Postby cbu48 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:35 pm

nothim wrote:you need a humidity tent and temp at 20 celsius and right away!
the plant suffered a big shock to have her removed from the soil and not once...., i can not see her back only in the best conditions , try to emulate her climate (humidity tent, temp 20c, filtered plenty of light)

now i have it at optimal condition 70% to 80% humidity, 17°C min and 23°C max, and filter light, that is the best i can do...now the plant seems to stop drying, and seems the plant root is taking water more often aprox in 10 days after watered the soil is dry.
i hope it can live xD

thanks all for the answers.
cbu48

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:24 am

It's weird cuz this plant has two types of growers: emergency recovery problems, and hands off, fairly easy growth. I'm not sure if it's because the guys who are doing it right just get into a good habit and never talk about it anymore or what, but hopefully you won't have to worry about her too much more :)
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby swatch » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:20 am

Well, I'm one of the emergency recovery growers, it seems. hehehe I have 8 plants and two of them are in dire circumstances. There are no leaves on them anymore, and the trunk/stem is brown. One of the plants is doing wonderfully, and the others seem to all be suffering from this damned browning of the leaves. I have two plants (the first ones I ever got) that haven't grown much at all since I got them, and all of the leaves are greenish yellow, instead of the dark green the healthy plant has, and the leaves actually drop off the plant on their own. I mean the whole stem and the leaf together drop off. I wish the other plants I have would be doing as well as the one beautiful one. I'm doing nothing different with them at all. They are all in the same humidity tent, I brought them inside this week because it has been getting down in the high 40's here, and I didn't want them to die. I transplanted the soil last week on several of them because after reading this thread, I realized I was completely over watering them. I literally "wringed" our the soil with my hand just to see how wet it was, and water poured out. SO...that problem should be gone now. I have my timer set to water them once a week now, and I'm hoping I see some better results.

Thanks for all the posts in this thread regarding the care of our plants. I appreciate it greatly, and I hope that I'll eventually get things under control. I also hope the person who started this thread has the best of luck with their plant as well.
swatch

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:34 am

:D

Over watering is the most commonly made mistake. Glad you discovered it!
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby cbu48 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:21 am

UPDATE.

the plant finally turns completely black and she dies :(
this is a very delicate plant, thanks anyway for all the advices.
cbu48

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:47 am

DO NOT TOUCH THE DIRT/PLANT! She may revive herself after decomposing. Give it 2 weeks and if you don't see a tiny plant, then toss it.
Ulmdorgr

Postby cbu48 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:44 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:DO NOT TOUCH THE DIRT/PLANT! She may revive herself after decomposing. Give it 2 weeks and if you don't see a tiny plant, then toss it.

yes,that is true!
I have this plant in the same way, since the original plant died the first weeks as its arrives, and then, not after 2 weeks!
she takes arround 40 to 60 days to revive soo i will be pacient
and pray god hahaha

xD
cbu48

Postby cbu48 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:21 pm

UPDATE 19 november!!!
Hi everyone again!!

I am back!!

recently i have gone to take a look on my dead salvia plant and now I am very happy to see a new plant is growing!!!!!

8-) :) :)

i will update pictures soon.

:)
Last edited by cbu48 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cbu48

Postby swatch » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:57 pm

When you guys say to leave the plant alone for two weeks or whatever, do you mean don't even bother to water the pot at all, or do you mean still continue to do your normal weekly watering?

Just curious. Out of the 8 plants I once had, I'm down to 4. Four of them wilted away to nothing almost all at the same time, within about a week of each other.
It was interesting to watch, although sad. I noticed the leaves drop off, and it seemed like once it got to a certain number of leaves left, that was the point of no return, and then the stem just started wilting away and leaned over and fell.

Definitely a sad couple of weeks for me and my plants. I truly hope they revive like the poster's plant did!
swatch

Postby cbu48 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:20 pm

the new salvia d :)
cbu48

Postby cbu48 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:26 pm

swatch wrote:When you guys say to leave the plant alone for two weeks or whatever, do you mean don't even bother to water the pot at all, or do you mean still continue to do your normal weekly watering?

Just curious. Out of the 8 plants I once had, I'm down to 4. Four of them wilted away to nothing almost all at the same time, within about a week of each other.
It was interesting to watch, although sad. I noticed the leaves drop off, and it seemed like once it got to a certain number of leaves left, that was the point of no return, and then the stem just started wilting away and leaned over and fell.

Definitely a sad couple of weeks for me and my plants. I truly hope they revive like the poster's plant did!

keep the soil with the same watering that you will use when you have put seeds on it.
that works 2 times for me!

and add some yeast in the water!
that is the secret.
cbu48

Postby nothim » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:36 am

use a humidity environement ! cut a plastic bottle and put it on top of the small sprout(plant)!
http://www.instructables.com/id/Pop-Bottle-Greenhouse/
nothim

Postby cbu48 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:00 am

nothim wrote:use a humidity environement ! cut a plastic bottle and put it on top of the small sprout(plant)!
http://www.instructables.com/id/Pop-Bottle-Greenhouse/

yes, i have it in a box with 70% humidity and 17°-23° Celsius must be ok.
cbu48

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:45 am

Right, the optimal conditions for salvia should be maintained in order to support the regrowth of a dead salvia plant. This is definitely a mechanism that enables it to survive in the wild and spread out without flowering and pollination.
Ulmdorgr

Postby cbu48 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:38 am

Ulmdorgr wrote:Right, the optimal conditions for salvia should be maintained in order to support the regrowth of a dead salvia plant. This is definitely a mechanism that enables it to survive in the wild and spread out without flowering and pollination.

i agree
cbu48

PreviousNext

Return to Salvia Divinorum Cultivation