Salvia Divinorum Strain's

Salvia Divinorum Mass Distribution Project.

Re: Salvia Divinorum Strain's

Postby nothim » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:06 pm

if i could just smell the flowers ....... i was so curious on that ..... do not know how they are....:)......... do they smell nice?..... does anyone know?

i know , it is like asking anyone to describe the taste of a berry if you have never tasted it.
nothim

Postby Chewy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:18 pm

Theres been alot of research. Sieberts a brillent man. Hoffman and wasson strain, hoffman is in the history books involved in lsd back in the 50/60's. Super smart people. Hoffman was a profesor at ucla. They have an extensive horticulture program. One of the best in the country. Sieberts lives in Hawaii. Luna popped up in a bed of salvia. There not sure if it was a fallen seed or a shoot from a root system. There are seed grown salvia. But they all look weak. Not strong. Theres been research that may conclude that salvia d doesnt grow in the wild anymore.All strains were collected from native gardens. They didnt find it growing in the wild. Evolution says if you dont need a organ(apedex) Its starts to go away. They think that the corolla tube are not open, in other words the tubes are tied.Not to say that theres never a flower that can get pollen, but more rare, and less chance seeds are going to be viable. Hence the crappy weak plants that come from the rare seeds. That doesnt help the question of were did luna come from. Maybe it did make a great offspring.i think it all comes down to incest. You cant mix the same dna. period. Maybe if youhavd luna and h+w and blosser and the were all in flower stage. you could make viable seed. I just dont think the plants are diverse enough to reporduce sexually. So they clone themselves. evolution
Chewy

Postby SF » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:56 pm

I do not know what the flowers smell like but i would best it smells really nice. Maybe as nice as Datura Inoxia i love the smell of her flowers.
SF
Site Admin

Postby freesalvia » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:59 am

hey thanks for all the information you provided and the links helped a lot. i didn't even know salvia had different variety of strains. has anyone ever acquired all of the strains or is that even possible?
freesalvia

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:17 am

Yeah, you probably could, however, no one can keep track of privately created strains. There are like 5+ commercially available strains, and Daniel Siebert has a few private ones.

Salvia divinorum strains aren't as varied as say cannabis - they are very similar to one another. For example, between Blosser and Bunnel (Wasson/Hoffman), as far as I know, only differ in their leaf shape, tint, and concentration of chemicals. Given that Blosser is the "palatable" strain, I hypothesize that the taste difference is a result of lower salvinorin levels.
Ulmdorgr

Previous

Return to SDMDP