The Salvia Divinorum Mass Distribution Project - My Thoughts

Salvia Divinorum Mass Distribution Project.

Re: The Salvia Divinorum Mass Distribution Project - My Thou

Postby sicknick1222 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Sounds good. I cant wait to get this going on a large scale
Show a man how to smoke.. and he will live in happiness... Show a man how to grow.. and he will become happiness...
sicknick1222

Postby snowdawg » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Hi Everybody :-)

before i begin, let me just say that i believe that this is truly a magnificent project, and would really enjoy seeing it flourish.

Now, i believe an introduction is in order...
I am a 19 year-old student, born and raised in South Africa. Unfortunately, due to my graphical position, and a very small allowance (between $50-$60 per month), attaining a live Salvia specimen is a virtual impossibility. i have tried both untreated Salvia leaves (With no noticeable effects) and a 20x extract (which was absolutely amazing) that were shipped to me from a friend in Germany. I have tried numerous times to find a company or organization that is able to (and willing) to supply a Salvia plant for one with such a meager budget, with no success. I am currently extremely interested in growing my own Salvia plant and would be more that willing to extend the kindness if i am able to raise a plant that could provide clippings. I have a collection of basic gardening equipment available (pots, potting soil, etc) and an old growing lamp from my residence in university. I realize that nothing in this world is for free, and would therefor like to ask if there is any way i could perhaps work-out an alternate form of payment (seeing as i do not have a credit-card, and paypal does not allow transfers from South Africa). I am currently trying to earn money online through several different sites (sharecash, lockerz, etc) but am not sure how well, if at all, this will work.

Please let me know if anyone can offer assistance.

Regards :-)
snowdawg

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:29 pm

Welcome! Hopefully we can find someone that can get you a plant. Many of the growers here are interested in trading, so if you get seeds or something, maybe you can use that as payment.

boolie2010 might be able to help you out. PM him for details.
Ulmdorgr

Postby freesalvia » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:45 pm

nice project and it is actually working in progress, keep up the great work. nicely done.
freesalvia

Postby charitypride » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:26 pm

My name is Charity,
I am all about this project and would love to help. I have great soil and have been cultivating/gardening for a while all they way down to using my own mulch.
I think this is a great idea and I think if the government would spend enough time on some of these amazing plants we have growing right out the back doors for many many years We just might come up with a lot more cures or different pain management options for people with illnesses.
charitypride

Postby RocketeerJim » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:36 am

Welcome, Charity! Hang around and grow with us!!
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby kcarlson » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:38 pm

I would love to receive cuttings as well. I am new to this forum, but definitely not to plant cultivation. I specialize in tropical fruit plants. I recently lost all of my tropicals, due to my heater failing in my grow room. :(
Fortunately, this leaves me quite a bit of space to begin working on propagating this plant. I am in a legal state (Oregon), and am happy to pay shipping, as well as perhaps a fee for the cuttings.

My grow room is actually an outdoor storage closet at my apartment complex. It is outfitted with mylar sheeting insulation, 12 shelves, an ultrasonic humidifier, heating mats, a (new and dependable!!!) oil heater, and 6 compact florescent lamps (4 rated at 6400K, 2 rated at 2700K, each bulb is equivalent to 100W output. The mylar can be used for reflective lighting to reduce direct light, mimicking partial shade).
I have a background of working on a current Biology undergraduate degree, and I've taken classes on Botany and Forest Biology.

I feel I would be a decent candidate, since can take adequate care of such plants and have the background to care for them. I have rooting hormone, and supplies to propagate clones. I own two plants from Arena Ethnobotanicals. When they are larger, I will be happy to ship rooted clippings to members of this forum that live in legal locations, though I will ask for money for shipping.

I am primarily interested in receiving different strains. Since my strain is unknown, I would appreciate at least two different strains, if possible. I hope to do a little unofficial research on flowering photoperiods and hand pollination. I have been instructed in hand pollination, and one of my professors that I am on very good terms with is very experienced in this technique, since she deals with orchid research in South America. If I can set seed, and manage to pollinate two different strains, I would be willing to send out seeds to experienced growers that genuinely want to help with a little research, and possible work on increasing genetic variation.

I hope to be of some help in this project! If anyone is able to send cuttings of different strains, I would be extremely appreciative.

Thanks!
-Kate
Attachments
salvia.jpg
One of my current plants. Well rooted, but small.
kcarlson

Postby kcarlson » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:07 am

I found out that I indeed have the "Blosser" strain, so if anyone would be willing to offer me rooted cuttings of a different strain I would be so appreciative. And of course I am willing to pay for the plant as well as shipping; there is so much time invested, and this is a specific request, so I only feel it is appropriate to tender a 'reward' as it may be. :mrgreen:
I would also be willing to trade for rooted cuttings of my blosser plants.
kcarlson

Postby DanG » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:09 am

she looks healthy, what's the humidity in your grow room?
I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
-Nikos Kazantzakis

Use Your Cellphone Camera for Close-up/Macro Photography
DanG

Postby kcarlson » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:03 pm

DanG wrote:she looks healthy, what's the humidity in your grow room?

I would the gauge says 40% currently, but I haven't needed to activate the humidifier since both salvia plants are covered by partially opaque plastic to help acclimatization to the heat and light conditions. Once I have started up the humidifier, I will begin tracking this information in a grow log. Thanks for the compliment, I'm sure she appreciates it! :mrgreen:
kcarlson

Postby salvianewb » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:17 pm

who do i need to contact for my clone :D
and then came this guy
salvianewb

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:59 pm

Hi newb :P, unfortunately the project hasn't been so successful. Most people do not grow salvia divinorum successfully, and those that do are few and far between. The majority of successful growers end up selling their cuttings.

The SDMDP is idealistic, and realistically it won't happen until someone like myself gets really good at growing it and is financially stable enough to be generous (shipping is costly).

To get a cutting you'll need to make friends, but most likely you'll have to fork over money at some point (most people want you to pay for shipping, at least). It's easiest to get a plant from a shop, which you can choose from here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=148 (the cheapest cuttings come from Bob Smith, at something like $13 a cutting, but I personally can't vouch for his legitimacy).

If you're hell bent on getting a free cutting, you will also want to hit up the salviasource.org forums, as there are other growers there. Good luck!
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby salvianewb » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:02 am

well if theres anyone willingly to hook me up with a clone or seeds ill gladly pay for shipping thanks so much for your time
and then came this guy
salvianewb

Postby Dorabella » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:12 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:To get a cutting you'll need to make friends, but most likely you'll have to fork over money at some point (most people want you to pay for shipping, at least). It's easiest to get a plant from a shop, which you can choose from here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=148 (the cheapest cuttings come from Bob Smith, at something like $13 a cutting, but I personally can't vouch for his legitimacy).

Well ,I am happy to say I received two lovely cuttings from Bob today. ^__^
They are nice and perky despite the loooong travel here, tho they we sent as an express so it only took like 3 days. (Expensive but well worth it I'd say.)
Yea, if you're interested in nice cheap cuttings, don't be afraid to contact Bob.

Hope my babies grow big and strong, I'm interested in helping with this project.
Dorabella

Postby salvianewb » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:58 pm

iv emaild bob im currently waiting on a response :D
and then came this guy
salvianewb

PreviousNext

Return to SDMDP