Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi) plants for sale

Plants, Seeds And Various Other Items For Sale
Forum rules
Would You Like To Sell Items/Plants In The Market Place? Contract SF For Details.

Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi) plants for sale

Postby NWgrow » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:34 am

I have a number of "Dream Herb" (Calea Z.) rooted cuttings that are available. If anyone is interested in adding this specimen to to their collection, feel free to PM me :D
NWgrow

Re: Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi) plants for sale

Postby slinky » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:09 pm

how does one go about PM-ing one another? I feel slightly emberassed when I cannot PM someone. :oops: Just a breif description, very helpful. :?: am interested in the dream herb.
anything that i post here is fictional, for my entertainment, and not to be taken seriously.
slinky

Postby Nezahualcoyotl » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:31 am

are you sure they are legit?
Nezahualcoyotl

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Slinky, click on someone's name to go to their profile, then click "Send private message."

Or go to the top of any page and click on "0 new messages" to go to your inbox.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby NWgrow » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Nezahualcoyotl wrote:are you sure they are legit?

I realize that there is much controversy concerning ID of this species. It's a rather muddled issue and even some renowned botanists are in disagreement on this one. The bad part is that nobody is certain which of the supposed Caleas were originally collected with the ethnographic data concerning its use as a dream
inducer. I've seen people with pictures they claim to be Calea which are obviously not even related species. For years it was an Urtica species that was pictured on wikipedia as well as on many websites. I've seen Eupatorium spp. and even some Mint species pictured as Calea. This is for the pros to work out I suppose. Here's what I know: I've grown 3 distinct species which were sold as Calea by various suppliers (some more reputable than others of course). I have personally bio-assayed all of these as well as many of the dried herb sold by various suppliers...extensively I might add. The one I offer as Calea zacatechichi is the only 1 of these which showed any activity whatsoever. To me that's what really matters. ;)

Please feel free to PM
NWgrow

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:51 pm

What sort of equipment do you need to perform a bio-assay?
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby NWgrow » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:36 pm

Well that term is very general. I went about a very simple, methodical way that required no "equipment". A good friend of mine is well experienced with other specimens that promote vivid dreaming (silene capensis, entada rheedii, etc) and we set out over a few weeks of time to test the numerous different "dream herbs" available. Since my friend is well aware of the effects of such types of plants, we went testing to see if any of the dream herb plants could mimic or match any of the noticeable effects (type Matching Bio-assaying). Out of all of them, we found only one to provide any of the sought after activity.
NWgrow

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:48 pm

Which was it?
Ulmdorgr

Postby NWgrow » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:08 pm

It's the one I've now kept and grew the most of. It has the more triangular shaped leaves with a very bitter (yet not as bitter as the other ones) taste. I've found it offered by numerous websites. Here's a site that sells the one I have:

It's so funny how the Wiki page displays photos of two entirely different plants. The second photo (the one in the cup and humidity bag) is the type that I've confirmed for myself.
NWgrow

Postby Nezahualcoyotl » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:43 pm

So your sure this is the real active Calea? I'd like one. How much? Want to trade for Salvia divninorum luna or paradox clones?

Can you message me at [email protected]?
Nezahualcoyotl

Postby Veritas_91 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:25 pm

I also have this plant. Its an amazing plant. :-)
http://veritas.ecrater.com/
Veritas_91

Return to Plants And Seeds For Sale