Where to get Salvia Divinorum plants

Plants, Seeds And Various Other Items For Sale
Forum rules
Would You Like To Sell Items/Plants In The Market Place? Contract SF For Details.

Re: Where to get plants

Postby RocketeerJim » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:45 am

Sounds like they're off to a good start, Red! Do you have any pics you'd like to share with us?
RocketeerJim

Postby mavis311 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:00 pm

So, I'm brand new to this forum. But I finally found it in my search for salvia sources. It is shocking how much suppliers are charging for cuttings/plants!

How do I sign up for the project? I don't see a thread dedicated to it (maybe I didn't look hard enough?).
mavis311

Postby Muxoe » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:41 pm

mavis311 wrote:So, I'm brand new to this forum. But I finally found it in my search for salvia sources. It is shocking how much suppliers are charging for cuttings/plants!

How do I sign up for the project? I don't see a thread dedicated to it (maybe I didn't look hard enough?).

Welcome! If you are interested in obtaining a cutting from someone on the forum, just take some time and get to know the people on here and earn their trust. Browse the forum, interact with others and learn more about growing. Where are you from? (Important info for the rest of us if you want a cutting) ;)

Best of luck!
Muxoe

Postby mavis311 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Muxoe wrote:Where are you from? (Important info for the rest of us if you want a cutting) ;)

Yeah, I guess that is pretty important. I'm currently in Alabama, US. I can't find anything salvia-like around here except some dry plant matter that may or may not be actual salvia. It's so hard to tell when it's practically powdered.

I am, among many other things, a horticultural hobbyist. I did a couple of quick Google searches only to discover how difficult and expensive it is to get live plants. I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I found a video on YouTube about the project. I love the concept!
mavis311

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:25 am

The only problem with the project is the money and lack of cuttings available. We recommend commercial growers if there is one available to you, as cuttings come and go and the cost is still like $10-25. I haven't had good experiences shipping packages, so please let us know the costs you came across at the post office, UPS, DHL, etc.

The project works best when commercial growers do not exist or are unknown (such as non-western countries). Illegal countries are great too, although we don't promote/advocate such actions because it would probably just get us shut down. I, personally, support every illegal grower in the world, of all plants. We've helped to introduce the plant to several countries, which is great. I hope that those growers will be able to spread it around them.

Anyways, so the vision of this project is to enable every local area to have a group of growers. Right now we only have people across states and in various countries (although Cali has some people). When we have local growers in every state and across the globe, then we can empower new growers without having to resort to commercial methods.
Ulmdorgr

Postby freesalvia » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:41 pm

what do you think is the best way to send a plant through the mail?
freesalvia

Postby wangyunan » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:38 pm

what up guys, does any one know that where I can get salvia plant shipped to international locations? Prolly to China?
wangyunan

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:38 am

Do you know what the legal status of it is there? We have a guy in Taiwan who might be able to help, if not now then when cuttings are available. I assume China checks mail thoroughly, but if it's not illegal then it's worth trying.
Ulmdorgr

Postby wangyunan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:29 pm

As far as i know that there's no law against salvia in China now and thaz why I'm trying to get some live plants and grow'em before they illegalize it. if u can get it shipped from Taiwan, it definitely worth to try!!
wangyunan

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:11 pm

Try leaving a message with ethankegley. He hasn't checked in for a while, but if you send him a private message he will probably return your message. Provide him with an email address in case you don't return here.
Ulmdorgr

Postby jw1 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:42 pm

I live in the Austin, TX area, and would like to start growing, and cloning. Are there any people in my neck of the woods with plants that I could buy from vs. having to ship?

If anyone is in (or knows someone in) Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Waco, etc., that would sell a rooted plant... Please PM me.

Thanks!
-Jason
jw1

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:55 pm

jw1, try contacting SF with a PM. He's a Texan now.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:08 pm

Sure, I'll add you. Is this your first year growing Salvia divinorum? Will you continue to do so?

Edit: you are now on the list.
Ulmdorgr

Postby jw1 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:25 pm

Good Experience with Bob Smith

My "friend" purchased several plants from Bob Smith recently, when they arrived, the shipment was utterly destroyed. The USPS must have physically kicked them all the way to Texas from New York, as all that was left with was some styrofoam cups, twigs, dried leaves. After communicating with him, my "friend" ended up with a new shipment, replacing the plants, and packaging them according to the bullet-proof instructions that SeaMac has provided on the internet. The result was a new shipment of plants that arrived in in perfect condition. So the moral of the story there is, if something goes wrong, Bob will take care of you.

He sells them cheap, and isn't overly "commercialized". He also has a wide variety of other legal plants, such as Ma Huang (Ephedra), Kratom, Cactus, Mushrooms, etc. etc. He has 3 strains of Salvia (Wasson, Blosser, and Luna) but only the Blosser was ready when I ordered, so that's what I got.

My friend don't work with him, for him, or get anything from this. Just had a good experience. Bob can be emailed at: [email protected], or PM'd on this forum (Bob Smith).

Thanks,

Jw
jw1

Postby MrTorilli » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:32 pm

Bob is the man!
I ordered 2 salvia d. plants from Bob just over the weekend. He sent them out monday, and they arrived here in Texas by wednesday. When I opened up my plants I found in the box not 2 but 3 salvia d. plants! Bob had not only hooked me up with a great price for my plants, but had thrown in a 3rd for free! The plants look great and are very healthy. I plan on putting up some pictures of them very soon so everyone can see the quality of plants Bob is selling. In summary, buying from Bob was a great idea, and a wonderful investment! Send Bob a pm and talk to him about buying a salvia d. plant.
MrTorilli

PreviousNext

Return to Plants And Seeds For Sale