Where to get Salvia Divinorum plants

Plants, Seeds And Various Other Items For Sale
Forum rules
Would You Like To Sell Items/Plants In The Market Place? Contract SF For Details.

Where to get Salvia Divinorum plants

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Message from SF
Our best new source for healthy Salvia divinorum cuttings is http://www.EthnoDirect.com

If EthnoDirect Is Sold Out There Are Other Sources Below

Feel free to email Bob with any questions (e.g. about payment options). Bob is a trusted member that has supplied Salvia Plants to many members of this forum.
Bob Smith Email:[email protected]
Bob Smith always has very secure shipping with no damage to the plants what so ever.

Bob's info; collected by Ulmdorgr
  • Bob Smith
      •Bob Smith
      ◦Forum status: active.
      ◦Note: Will trade or sell.
      ◦Last cuttings: December 11, 2011. (New Plants Available 1/15/2012)
      ◦Is selling: Fully potted plants and cuttings "These plants are all very hardy"
      ◦Shipping Method (USPS Priority With Tracking)
      ◦Location: Western New York, U.S.A.
      ◦Plants: lots of Blosser.
    • Experiences: [peacefrog972,
      jw1, MrTorilli.

Last updated: May 7, 2016
Content last updated: removed forum members which were rarely updated, most members left.

CURRENTLY SEEKING INFORMATION: if you know any payment options for the individuals/businesses listed on this page, please inform me/us by replying to this thread or contacting me.

Since so many new members ask about getting cuttings or where to purchase new plants, I've decided to just keep an updated list of the best places on the internet.

This list does not and will not contain extracts (which are easy to acquire). Non-Salvia Divinorum plants that are of interest to this community appear at the bottom (you can discuss miscellaneous plants in the general discussion forum, or the cultivation or trading forums for other plants).

Note that the "buyer experiences" referred to in this post refer to the reports given by users at this forum.

If you'd like to help update the information for yourself (or have it removed), please send me a private message or reply to this thread.

Businesses to purchase from
Finding a local nursery that grows Salvia Divinorum is very rare, mainly because it is such a delicate plant. Even if you find one that does, such as a university greenhouse, they will probably be even less likelier to be using lights to control its seed production. This means that 1) it's probably impossible to find a commercial grower with Salvia Divinorum outside of the internet, and 2) it's extremely rare for a grower to have Salvia Divinorum seeds.

Note: at least one nursery on here (FunnyFarmHerbs) has said that they supply plants for at least one of the affiliates listed below. As such, notice the price differences and delay in shipping, between each business, in order to predict whether or not a business is inflating their prices so they can re-sell plants from one of the other businesses.

As a result of availability and low costs, the world's primary choice for acquiring Salvia Divinorum is by mail through one of the following (feel free to reply and suggest shops or write a review):
Note that tax is not included in the prices.

Affiliates and friends of SalviaDivinorumBlog.com
    Note that there are more affiliates, but only the ones with plants are listed here.
  • FreshSalvia.Com
    • URL: http://www.sellsalvia.com/aff/jrox.php?id=1022_1
    • Price: $41.75 for one or $78.50 for two (those prices attempt to include shipping).
    • Strains: only Bunnel (Wasson/Hoffman).
    • Experiences: 3 day delay in email communication and they failed to ship a package of extracts as part of the order. However, delivery was successful; see childishaztec for more info.
    • Location: Nevada, U.S.A. "2780 S. Jones Blvd #3384 Las Vegas, NV 89146".
    • Shipping info: Ships only to U.S.A. and ships only on Tuesday.
  • Shamanic Extracts
  • Greenman Gardens (down for maintenance since ~July 19, 2010)
    • URL: http://www.greenmangardens.net/Shop/index.php.
    • Price: unknown.
    • Experiences: unknown for the shop. DanG has purchased plants from him on eBay.
    • Note: as of March 21, does not have Salvia Divinorum.
  • Funny Farm Herbs
    • URL:sold out
    • Price: $20 + shipping. Rooted and potted Blosser strain of unknown height.
    • Experiences:
      1. Common amongst various buyers: small holes (looks like a pest problem at Funny Farms, although no bugs have been reported on any plants) and cut leaves (some theorize that it is to promote a bushier plant).
      2. redfieldTnT: ordered 2 blosser plants ($20 ea + shipping = $49.50) on May 26th. Plants arrived June 4th. Plants wrapped well with "popcorn foam." Package included some cultivation instructions. One plant came with 17 leaves and one came with 6 leaves. Each plant was 7-8 inches tall and a bit wilted. "Bug bites" were present on the leaves. Overall experience: "great." Would rate them as "a 10 for price and speed and quality."
      3. RocketeerJim: ordered 1 Blosser on Saturday June 5 and paid for it with paypal, $27.53 including USPS priority mail delivery. Two days later, received an email from Paypal confirming that the plant had been shipped (a 2-day turnaround from order to shipping). "I was most pleased with the cooperation and prompt responses to emails I experienced with Bruce of funnyfarmherbs.com"
    • Location and contact info: "Preferred method of contact would be by email to [email protected]" "Funny Farm Herbs 5827 Adams Road Valdosta, Georgia 31601" "Phone: 229-253 9705 Fax: 229-253 9705"
    • Shipping info: unknown.
    • Note: friend of Greenman Gardens.

Other shops
  • Sage Wisdom Botanicals
    • URL: http://www.sagewisdom.org/gatekeeper.html.
    • Price: $45 + shipping, unknown height. Periodically sells seeds for unknown price.
    • Experiences: endorsed by SeaMac, here.
    • Shipping info: Ships only to U.S.A.
  • Mazatec Garden
  • LiveSalviaPlants.com
    • URL: http://livesalviaplants.com/
    • Price: $25-$80 + $5.00 heat pack for cold weather shipping + shipping.
    • Strains: Blosser, "Hoffman/Wasson" (Bunnel), Cerro Quemado, La Fuerza, Owens, Paradox, and Resilience.
    • Experiences:
      • Two day response. 8" tall plant, "looks great." Great transaction, "nice dealing with these guys". See xuesheng for more info.
      • 17 days between order placed and plant received with good packing. "Plant little wilted but overall good health. . . came in soil with wet papertowel taped over." See merryjohn for more info.
    • Contact information: "[email protected]". There is a contact form, which they may prefer, available here.
  • Salvia Source.org
    • URL: http://www.salviasource.org/index.php?page=Shop
    • Price: $22-$42 with free shipping for plants of various heights.
    • Experiences:
      • jasonsalvia ordered a plant, had no reply, and he canceled his order. They contacted him and asked him to reorder and they would send, he didn't, but they sent him a plant anyways. Plant in poor condition, but alive. See this thread.
      • pastlife209 evidence of long delays, slow response, but eventually they got back to him and he got his plant (beautiful looking, too!).
      • Their forum has reports of long delays (2-4 weeks up to a few months) for order processing and shipping. Supposedly they have bad correspondence. Varied feedback, potentially false reporting. They may just have a huge backlog of orders. Supposedly they make up poor quality of service with high quality plants, even giving additional plants away for free to compensate.
      • Given the responses from various SS forum members, the shop seems to be completely separate from the forum, and the condition of the shop does not reflect the forum (and visa versa). This is a shop that has MANY complaints. More than any I've seen. Then again, it also has the most feedback.
    • Location: Arizona, U.S.A. "2142 E Water St Tucson, AZ 85719".
  • Otto Richter and Sons Limited.
    • URL: http://www.richters.com/Web_store/web_store.cgi?product=X5164-500&show=&prodclass=Herb_and_Vegetable_Plants&cart_id=7087921.31771.
    • Price, strains, and height: $15.00 + shipping. Unknown strain and unknown height; potted plant. Must meet the requirement of "minimum plant order of 6 plants (can be any mix of varieties)". "Potted herbs and plug packs ship spring 2010. To reserve your plants, you will be charged for them at time of ordering." You will probably have to wait a while until plants are ready. According to caktalfraktal, both strains are available from this nursery, however they have been mixed up and so the growers do not know which strain is which. They may be open all year round, but the availability of plants may be reserved until spring.
    • Experiences: well developed plants available at the nursery. No experiences with shipping.
    • Location and contact info: Goodwood, Ontario, Canada. Outside of Toronto. "RICHTERS HERBS 357 Highway 47 Goodwood, ON L0C 1A0 Canada" "Tel. +1.905.640.6677 Fax. +1.905.640.6641"
    • Shipping info: unknown.

Non-Salvia Divinorum plants
Ulmdorgr

Re: Where to get plants

Postby cmonk1113 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:13 pm

hello, well i hope this is the right place to post a short review,,,i mentioned before that i tried some salvia from a local shop and it sucked so i bought some from www. arenaethnobotanicals and it did the job as you can read from my other post....i live in texas and i believe the company is in oregon and it showed up to my door in 4days,,,,my salvia divinorum cutting(plant) is also from them and it showed up in 5days...so ive made arenaethnobotanicals my 1st choice for quality and customer satisfaction .......
cmonk1113

Postby caktalfraktal » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Hey there! Good news from here! :D the plant I was growing is still growing, but I've added another very much alive, and well thriving plant to my garden. It's got plenty of branches so once it's adapted to it's new home I'll be ready to make some cuttings, and from them more cuttings, etc.

Basically I'm happy because I'm no longer relying on the one plant, and this new one is quite a bit bigger! Lots of leaves and lots of branches.

P.S. This new plant I got from Richter's Herbs, so Yes they are available at this time *March 2010*
caktalfraktal

Postby caktalfraktal » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:27 pm

Right now Every SD plant Richter's has in store is ridiculously robust and FULL of leaves, FULL of branches, it's a dream! Each one is about a foot tall, and not just a foot stick with two leaves like some too!!! It's FULL! Goodwood is a little out of the way from Toronto... I was in Toronto visiting and took a drive to Richters, Beautiful place! bought a beautiful Leonotis Leonurus plant and this gorgeous Divinorum!

EDIT: I've added photos of the Richter's plant in the grow log section, just a couple days in my room from the store :D
In http://forum.salviadivinorumblog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=157
Last edited by caktalfraktal on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
caktalfraktal

Postby xuesheng » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:32 pm

Ordered from livesalviaplants.com. They responded and shipped within two days. The plant is a 8" tall and looks great. I had a great transaction with the seller (I sound like an ebay-er). Really, it was nice dealing with these guys.
xuesheng

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:07 pm

Aha, yeah you do sort of sound like an ebayer, xuesheng. Even though it might be cheesy and quick, this is exactly the sort of input we need in this thread. It reduces clutter, and gives me a good summary to include in the listing for the business you purchased from.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Chewy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:02 pm

caktalfraktal wrote:Hey there! Good news from here! :D the plant I was growing is still growing, but I've added another very much alive, and well thriving plant to my garden. It's got plenty of branches so once it's adapted to it's new home I'll be ready to make some cuttings, and from them more cuttings, etc.

Basically I'm happy because I'm no longer relying on the one plant, and this new one is quite a bit bigger! Lots of leaves and lots of branches.

P.S. This new plant I got from Richter's Herbs, so Yes they are available at this time *March 2010*

You ever need advice on cultivation of salvia feel free to ask. I can probably figure out whats going wrong. Get all plants 100% healthy

make them look sexy. MOst people believe the rough alligator skin or browning on leaves is normal. its not. its due to stress put on the plants that make it deform. Lowering the health of the plant and making it less likly to thrive in the manner that s.d. really should. this plant should grow at an alarming speed. Were talking 2-3 inches a week with new leaf sets opening very often on every branch. Big thick branches to support the massive wieght of the leaves :D
Chewy

Postby SF » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:31 pm

I added some affiliate links to this post. Also if anyone is looking to buy salvia cuttings please do so from our affiliate links here http://forum.salviadivinorumblog.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=25

If you would rather buy a different type of strain, it would be very nice for everyone to try and buy something different so we can all trade up and have them all eventually.

I just think it would be nice for the sdmdp to obtain all the strains and sustain there genetics for future testing and possibly seed production.
SF
Site Admin

Postby Chewy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:38 pm

http://kratombotanica.ecrater.com/

this guy is awsome. His tag name is vayjay. Just email him and hell let you know what plants he has in stock. Lots of kratom strains, b. caapi, kanna, along with an ass load of other plants if you ask him about them. Bought from him twice, both came promptly in the mail 3 days later. Hes a really nice persaon with really nice plants.
Chewy

Postby SF » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:45 pm

Chewy wrote:http://kratombotanica.ecrater.com/

this guy is awsome. His tag name is vayjay. Just email him and hell let you know what plants he has in stock. Lots of kratom strains, b. caapi, kanna, along with an ass load of other plants if you ask him about them. Bought from him twice, both came promptly in the mail 3 days later. Hes a really nice persaon with really nice plants.

wow that is a awesome site, has anyone tried to germinate any of there seeds yet ?

i would love to know if there viable. if you could get seeds grown plants you could cross your own strain, that would be interesting.
SF
Site Admin

Re: Where to get plants or not

Postby purpdiv » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Is the funnyfarmherbs ripping off people, they do not answer emails.

in the website its says

Preferred method of contact would be by email to [email protected]

What is going on?

*edit* your saying they are ripping you off just for not replying to your emails? I do not see how this would be considered ripping anyone off. Did you order from them and not receive the order? Funnyfarmherbs have been going at it for a very long time and i would highly doubt that they would rip anyone off at all. *SF*
purpdiv

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:04 am

I couldn't tell you. How long has it been since you sent them a message? I would email them on a daily or weekly basis - what if your email went into their spam box?
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Re: Where to get plants or not

Postby SF » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:04 pm

purpdiv wrote:Is the http://www.funnyfarmherbs.com ripping off people, they do not answer emails.

in the website its says

Preferred method of contact would be by email to [email protected]

What is going on?

Did you place a order with them ? i think they only sell plants when they have them in stock other times they may not give there site very much attention.
The seller is believed to be honest and a good guy from what i have heard. He also sells plants on ebay last time i checked.
SF
Site Admin

Postby merryjohn » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:32 pm

LiveSalviaPlants.com checks out good.

to follow up on the grow log go here
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=205#p1744
merryjohn

Postby Trylski » Thu May 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Just wanted to add that plantsandcacti.co.uk emailed me today to apologise for not having their phone numbers working or answering. Apparantly my email went into their spam folder and they were robbed two weeks ago where the phones were stolen so they have only just been able to replace the phones.
Trylski

Next

Return to Plants And Seeds For Sale