My name is kevin

Make A Post To Introduce yourself here

My name is kevin

Postby Chewy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:34 pm

Found this site last night. Love growing plants. I generelly will send plants to people for the cost of shipping. Maybe well add a couple of dollars to keep this site open. Everyone benifits. Let me know if i can help you!!!!!!!

Happy growing
Chewy

Re: My name is kevin

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:41 pm

Welcome.

I can say this because I don't own or run or profit from this website, but if you want to support SF, you can just click on the ads. Google ads are legit. The value of clicks depends, but it typically requires about 1000 clicks to equal something of value (Google gives an example of $6.00, but this could be more or less).

I've been telling people who want plants to contact you. Some people don't want to have to deal with out of state shipping. Nice plants!
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Chewy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:53 am

I recieved my plants from outta state. All of the them. But thats ok. Im not much of a clicker. Not really my thing.well figure it out. Yeah i had wall-e up to about 4ft but he ended up breaking in half. Kinda sad but it m,ade it way more bushy!
Chewy

Postby josiah » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:47 am

Hey Kevin, glad to find your post. Hit me back, I'm definitly interested. I live in the Bay Area so I hope that isn't far from you. I have a nice back yard to grow them, and willing to share or trade with others. Do you have the growing intructions? I believe I have the climate to grow them outdoors here. I need to know things like, water requirments, hardiness and sunshine needs. Thanks for the offer and I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Peace. ([email protected])
josiah

Postby Chewy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:21 am

No, i dont even live in cali. Im a midwest kinda guy. These plants are easy to grow. However they are a little picky. So here we go.

light, in nature they need 50% sun. Or they will burn. Inside they need 6500k cfl's. But unlike the sun you cant burn them with cfls. I keep my plants on a 18/6 light schedule. 18 on 6 off.

water/humidity=Theres a myth that these plants need humidity. Thats only really half true. You need humidity when there cuttings cause they cant absorb any water from the roots(that arent there cause its a cutting). In a humid enviroment the leaves can absorb the needed water. If they break and fall to the ground, if its humid enough it will grow new roots, and the old plant will re grow. They think this is how they spread in the wild. Although there not sure this plant exist in the wild. They think they may all be cultivated. Hence the reason its flowers dont usally make viable seeds.

its technically, in the family of "half hardy herbaceous perennials" in the salvia genera. Im not sure if that helps you.
Salvia means sage. it belongs to what is the 4th largest genera of plants. Theres about 1000 spieces in all.

Anyway start with a indoor plant. That way if you kill the ones outside you will; still have plants. Never, never, never bring plants that were outside back in. your just asking for bugs to invade your plants. you can get eveything you need for growing an indoor salvia for about 10 bucks.

Send me a private p.m. if still interested. Ill send you my address, you can send a check. I wont cash it untill you recieve your plants, for your peace of mind. Ill check on shipping prices, and a heat pack.
Chewy

Postby SF » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:43 pm

hey kevin.
thanks for joining us. Your plants look very healthy. Are all of those plants in the pictures blosser ?
i would love to see some luna and the other stain pics in the Show Room sometime.
i want to compare the differences in the leaves. leaf shots would be great.

keep up the good work on those pretty ladies.
SF
Site Admin

Return to Welcome