Greetings from Belgium

Make A Post To Introduce yourself here

Greetings from Belgium

Postby Unclejack » Mon May 23, 2011 1:54 pm

Hello there lovers of SD!

I am just cruising the internet trying to find a good forum with people that know more about salvia. I liked what I had found so far on this forum, it does seem slightly inactive but that's okay. I am not really into growing salvia plants just yet however, and chances are you won't see me a lot on these forums. But hey I am here now and a new member.

I myself am around 21 years old and came into contact with Salvia just a couple of months ago. I must say I am intrigued by the potential experiences and ideas that couple with salvia usage and I hope to perfect and enjoy my way of consuming Salvia. I study biomedical sciences in Belgium and am currently interested by neurobiology and science, I have always been an experimental type of guy and enjoy to think about everything.

Greetings from Belgium,
Unclejack
Last edited by Unclejack on Mon May 23, 2011 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unclejack

Re: Greetings from Belgium

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon May 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Welcome, psychonaut from Belgium!

Although we are small and infrequent, our members come and go with the seasons. Regular members tend to be the ones that have successfully grown salvia across various seasons. Also check out salviasource.org. They are more growing focused. Here we talk about everything.

Let me know if you need help getting pointed in the direction of research or whatever you're interested in.

As far as I can tell, smoked/injected use of salvinorin A has little potential use for anything, but sublingual consumption of the plant may provide potentially beneficial use in a meditative/reflective/therapeutic setting.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Unclejack » Tue May 24, 2011 4:57 am

Hello there,

I will definitely try to use salvia by sublingual consumption, but I am afraid it will not work that much, just very slightly most of the time.
I do not know what the best way to use her sublingual is, would you recommend using an enriched extract or just plain leaves and create a ball of some sort?
I would also like to ask if you have tried this before and what your experiences are with this way of using salvia.

Greetings.
Unclejack

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue May 24, 2011 1:38 pm

I haven't tried a quid before, but you're supposed to consume like 80 fresh leaves. That's why people want to grow it...

Quid:
Take the leaves, cut out the midvein, roll them up like a cigar, and start eating from one end. Get a mouth full (you won't be able to chew all of it at once), chew for like 5 minutes and try to keep the juices under your tongue/on your cheeks. Swallow if you like. I would because I'm into respect for the plant/assimilation of it into my body.

I've never tried it, but hope to some day. If the intensity isn't strong enough, you can smoke extract after consuming it sub-lingually and you'll have an extremely long, intense experience.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Unclejack » Tue May 24, 2011 3:15 pm

Does it have to be fresh leaves? I can buy ~30 gram of dried leaves for ~15 dollars, which is not a lot I would think.

I also have a question regarding first time uses. I have a couple of friends that want to try/tried smoking some salvia 5x in a light dose. The results with one of these guys was that he wasn't happy. He tells it was much too (almost extremely) physical and that the experience mainly provided him with an annoying tinteling body feeling, that he wasn't used to and did not like at all. I told them it comes with experience and that it can be quite unknown and weird at first, but I am regretting these words as of now. Would it be smart for these guys to try salvia more or in higer doses if they are not confident and happy with this first experience?
Unclejack

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue May 24, 2011 8:21 pm

No, but dried leaves won't be very nice in your mouth. The easiest way to take a sublingual dose is by extracting salvinorin A and just putting crystals in your mouth. Don't waste your time with 30. You want A LOT or it will be very weak.

It just sounds like he doesn't like salvia, aha. That's pretty common. I like the feeling. Most people don't like the effects of chemicals, I've found. They usually aren't pleasant, and everyone is different. I get negative effects from soft stuff like cannabis, but most people don't.

~50% of my salvia experiences are VERY negative. They are frightening and/or painful, and always extremely intense. If you can't handle the darkness, either don't bring it into your life or start conditioning yourself to transform it. Knee jerk reactions are very common ("Fuck that, I'm never doing it again"). I do that all the time, but rationally speaking, since it can't kill me of course I'll try it again some day, lol.
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Wed May 25, 2011 3:31 am

i like this :

Knee jerk reactions are very common ("Fuck that, I'm never doing it again"). I do that all the time, but rationally speaking, since it can't kill me of course I'll try it again some day, lol.

and no, dry leaves will not work at all, you need to have fresh leaves , just picked !

they wear off after you picked them from the plant !

so as soon as you have picked them , you have to consume them !!!

please put that in a non broken version of english! lol
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed May 25, 2011 4:02 am

It makes sense to me :)

I am unsure about the stability of salvinorin A, but who knows, my first pack of extract lasted a year before I used it all.
Ulmdorgr

Return to Welcome