What is?

Make A Post To Introduce yourself here

What is?

Postby DanG » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:55 am

safety purposes
Last edited by DanG on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
DanG

Re: What is?

Postby ChemistKen » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:30 am

Welcome to the forums, feel free to share pictures of all your plants in a grow log if you can, and I look forward to seeing you post around the forum..
ChemistKen

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:33 am

Welcome! Are you a native to the Phillipines? Your English makes you sound like an American expatriate.

It sounds like you're doing well as a gardener. I'm happy for you, and good luck in the coming seasons (the summer should be a breeze). I hope someone will be able to help you. I don't know when the next cuttings will be available. Have you thought about buying from a store (although, getting one from someone here is WAY cooler).

Yeah, boolie2010 successfully shipped to Taiwan (ethankegley)! I think it's amazing. You can see his log here (he updates it once a month or so): viewtopic.php?f=12&t=186

I know very little about the Phillipines. Please do the world a favor and look into the true legal status for your country. It sounds like there is little to no legislation, but if there is something, please let us know. I won't push any more than this, because you've already given a sufficient answer. Thank you.

DanG wrote:Salvia's wilting/reviving effect (don't know about you guys but I find it amusing!)

This gets controversial. I do find it interesting that the plants can kick back to full health so quickly. However, given my personal intention to pay tribute to the plant (in some ways I even worship it), no I do not find it amusing to induce this behavior. I am not one to hold a view for very long (I'm surprised I've been on the forums for this long), so I will not hold it against you.
Ulmdorgr

Postby DanG » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:16 am

Hmm... According to this website:
http://www.chanrobles.com/republicactno ... NO.%209165
Salvia Divinorum isn't included in the regulated drugs. "YET" I suppose...

That's the thing, when it's not mainstream it doesn't have any potential of being looked at to. DMT is included by the way so I guess I better look out :shock: hehe technically I have nothing to worry about because I don't process DMT I just have plants that contain DMT.

But back to Salvia, I really think it's not illegal here and won't be unless it gets recognition as the "If you take it, you'll go to hell" label. :? Kinda like Cannabis here, it gets a significant amount of media and I remember seeing on the boob tube about the army/enforcers/swat obliterating guerilla cannabis farms up in the mountains. They burnt them! Makes me wonder if that didn't get them high :lol:

All in all, I think I'll be fine owning Salvia D... and I've done a little research, I guess those videos that are popping out in the internet don't really help. I might as well be quiet about it here, not everyone is responsible I can predict..
DanG

Postby DanG » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:40 am

safety purposes
Last edited by DanG on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
DanG

Postby DanG » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:01 am

Ulmdorgr wrote:Welcome! Are you a native to the Phillipines? Your English makes you sound like an American expatriate.

Yes I was born and raised here. Just fortunate enough to get some nice schooling. We do have a distinct accent so you'll know that we aren't Americans. Not as bad as Pacquiao's though :lol:

Ulmdorgr wrote:Have you thought about buying from a store (although, getting one from someone here is WAY cooler).

I have bought unrooted cuttings from shamansgarden, he's a pretty cool guy. Although our first attempt didn't turned out the way we wanted it. We are on the process for the 2nd attempt. This time it's rooted cuttings. I've read somewhere in the forum about why not ship the mother plant? Well, the bigger the package the more difficult it is to get a hold to. Customs here aren't as lenient as we'd expect it to be. Especially EMS, never i mean NEVER ship using EMS if you're planning to send a live plant here. They tax everything even if it's a gift and to make matters worse, THEY OPEN THE BOXES!
The more successful international carriers are those done by postal mail like USPS priority/regular mail. They go straight to my doorstep!

Ulmdorgr wrote:
DanG wrote:Salvia's wilting/reviving effect (don't know about you guys but I find it amusing!)

This gets controversial. I do find it interesting that the plants can kick back to full health so quickly. However, given my personal intention to pay tribute to the plant (in some ways I even worship it), no I do not find it amusing to induce this behavior. I am not one to hold a view for very long (I'm surprised I've been on the forums for this long), so I will not hold it against you.

My friend, if I offended you in some way I make sure of you that I have no intention of doing so. I was just glad that my Sweet Basil survived the heat wave we got a few weeks back. Perhaps "amusing" wan't the right word there. I apologize.
Nevertheless, I admire your respect for the plants as I hold the same feeling to them. They pose great importance to my philosophy since they are docile yet giving.

Again my apologies to those who were offended.

Peace!
DanG

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:23 am

Nevertheless, I admire your respect for the plants as I hold the same feeling to them.

Aha, excellent! No, you can't offend me. I just have a great disdain for the typical "let's destroy and consume everything because that's the way things are" mentality. Abuse of living things goes along with that. If you know of Terence McKenna, I'm a big fan of his idea of the "archaic revival," which is an effort to return to the natural reverence we once had (and undeveloped people continue to have) as a species.

Nice plants. It's good that you're starting your banisteriopsis caapi now. It will take a long time before it gets huge. If you have the space, you might think about putting it next to a large tree so it can latch onto it when it grows 2+ feet tall. Also, your mimosa seems to be growing vertically extremely rapidly; I hope thats the way it most effectively grows.

If you expect temperatures over 100 degrees F, you're going to need a way to cool your salvia divinorum (fans will probably work).
Ulmdorgr

Postby DanG » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:23 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:Nice plants. It's good that you're starting your banisteriopsis caapi now. It will take a long time before it gets huge. If you have the space, you might think about putting it next to a large tree so it can latch onto it when it grows 2+ feet tall.

I still have some good years ahead of me so I think I'll be able to see it grow :) What fertilizer do you think is suitable for b.caapi?

Ulmdorgr wrote:Also, your mimosa seems to be growing vertically extremely rapidly; I hope thats the way it most effectively grows.

Thanks, I just re-potted it yesterday and so far no birds from Noa's arc came :| . I'm thinking of building a screen/cage over the weekend just to be sure.

Ulmdorgr wrote:If you expect temperatures over 100 degrees F, you're going to need a way to cool your salvia divinorum (fans will probably work).

Record at our area is 96F but it took a toll on a number of my plants a few weeks back. Good thing we are on our way to the wet season.

Thanks for the information!
DanG

Return to Welcome