Diviner's sage

Make A Post To Introduce yourself here

Diviner's sage

Postby squints basoon » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:31 am

Hello, new to the site and just read about the movement. I am ecstatic to see this kind of effort put into keeping this plant around!
I have been talking to everyone around me and i cant seem to find clones! I do have plenty of agricultural exp., however none with salvia. I am very passionate about my search and finding this site is like a godsend. anyone interested in helping me aquire some healthy cuttings and get me started in the project would be very appreciated. I have money but sadly nothing else to trade.
squints basoon

Re: Diviner's sage

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:59 am

Welcome!

We have a lot of new members coming. This is great! I hope you stick around. Many of our members grow vegetables and non-entheogens, however many of these have special properties of their own.

I'm glad you found us. Where are you located? We've only had one propagation take place in the U.S. so far (very recently), and we've had a few international propagations. It's unlikely that you will gain the trust of a grower here in the next few weeks (given the competition with other members and lack of cuttings available), but I can refer you to a bunch of sites that you can purchase from (the most popular, and reliable, seems to be livesalviaplants.com). See where to get plants.
Ulmdorgr

Postby squints basoon » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:04 pm

Thanks for the help!
squints basoon

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:17 pm

No problem. If you're really interested in the effort, the best thing you can do is to get your own plant, participate in the forums, and then make cuttings for others when it gets big enough. Our problem has been 1) lack of interested/dedicated members, 2) lack of patient members (many just buy their plants), and 3) lack of available cuttings.
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:30 pm

I don't understand this. If we can get plants for $40, why do we need to wait for cuttings? Everyone who buys a plant will be able to produce cuttings sooner and, simultaneously, increase the gene pool, so to speak. Isn't that the whole purpose of the program??

I've read the project literature and I don't understand the reluctance to purchase the plants. The purchased plants will become "mother ships" for the cuttings that follow and I'll bet they don't give a hoot whether someone purchases them to bestow that honor upon them.

Now I'm not extremely wealthy or anything but if we're already going to incur shipping chargesk for cuttings, and the plant vendors charge very little for shipping, the difference may be just a few bucks and couldn't be more than $40. That's a small price to pay to ensure the survival of the species, if you ask me.

I live about, what, 400 miles from Lost Wages. A round trip could occur in a single day if FreshSalvia offers will-call. I'd rather pick my plant from the bunch and transport it home in a car (but definitely NOT on my Rocket III as it would melt on the way home unless I rode at night in which case it would probably freeze) than take my chances waiting for a stick with a couple of leaves on it that may not survive the trip . . . .

Just think if we had 30-40 members with their own established plants how quickly the others could get cuttings. I'm willing to be one of the 30-40.

Sorry if I've offended anyone but if I did, just consider me to be ignorant.

Religious or spiritual fervor aside, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Who among us does not have and cannot obtain $40? I spent twice that last week for packaged Salvia and it will soon be gone. Had I spent the money on SD plants I'd have two of them already.

I'm not ranting. Honest. And I don't mean to rock anybody's boat. I just see what appears to me to be a more logical approach.

Cheers!
RocketeerJim

Postby ChemistKen » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:43 pm

yes and at less than 40 sometimes...but if someone can't afford to purchase a plant then they'll have to wait and pay a grower here to ship it...
ChemistKen

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Yeah in the U.S., Canada, and UK this isn't as big of a deal. I know some people who don't want to pay, so we are also waiting for growers that will give them away for free (in person, or by paying for the shipping). California growers are desired because we get the most interest out of there. We want to have enough people so we don't have to ship - so people can just drive to pick one up.

Boolie propagated to Taiwan, which sounds like it lacks commercial salvia divinorum growers. That is one example of where this program becomes important.
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:14 pm

I can imagine it must be a lot more expensive to ship a live plant to Taiwan. And SD is legal in Taiwan, I'm guessing so its unavailability there must be because it is not indigenous.
RocketeerJim

Postby nothim » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:12 am

listen, i sent to lithuania , but the grower wants to stay incognito, ---i tried a different packing(packaging) which turned bad, that was the idea, experiment and see which method is the best, so instead of using polystyrene bubbles, i used card(t)board , and less bubbles and they get there dried or black ..., i think it is too cold in the airplane there, and, upon that , the grower just open(ed) and left them unattended from my uderstanding, so this could be another point----- anyway, for a month we just struggled to keep both plants alive and we made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!----you will see the conditions they get there and what did it take to bring them back.....only if the grower is willing to start the growlog!!!!!!!!!!! reveal the recovery chat...

cuttings are, and the shipping is not so dear to send to the world, it is the time.
it is easy for us request to receive from a member from us instead of waiting one more week if he wants from overseas...., they will get though safe if the shipping method described on the forum is applied, -----------

that is the idea, get more growers to a close distance between them, so you can get the cutting from a short distance, and in a short period of time, and 40 $ for a plant ? --i do not know what to say , when you have a salary of 3000 pounds a month ,then, 40 bucks is cheap , when you have a salary o 300 pounds a month ,....then, 40 dollars is a fortune my friend , will you be willing to spend your money? , - that is up to you and your relation to the plant !
my friend , i paid with my life to keep this plant secret in the shithole where i live , to all here that contributed to that(my condition)------> Nothing, i will help strangers somewhere far away, not my kind, and only if they are willing, one day i will be no more, keep the plant alive , it will teach you a lot only if you have ears to hear and eyes to see.....

and my friend, the plant grows plenty of cuttings on to it , i can not see why an us member would not detached a branch and send it to you for the price of shipping ?
nothim

Postby RocketeerJim » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:38 am

Boolie,

I'm sorry to hear your circumstances are so difficult and perilous. You are clearly a dedicated champion of the cause and rightfully deserve the honor and recognition of being one. My hat's off to you.

I agree with you that developing a matrix of growers is what we need to do. And I did not intend to offend anyone with my post. Please understand I've only just arrived in this forum a few days ago and I am seeking knowledge. I've stepped into a completely unfamiliar forum about a topic I had absolutely no knowledge of a week ago. If my attempts to do so are clumsy and tactless, I apologize.

When I first encountered this forum I read something that gave me the impression that, for some sort of philosophical reasons I do not understand, to pay someone for the plant is somehow tantamount to blasphemy. [Edit: This morning I've been looking for the posts that gave me that impression but haven't found it yet. Did I imagine it? Perhaps I found it on another site as I did rather excitedly bounce around the 'net looking for information about Salvia] That is why I asked about the subject, not because I believed anyone who would not simply purchase an SD plant was being "cheap" or was otherwise somehow "unworthy".

I am by no means a wealthy person, despite being blessed with an advanced education. In fact, my financial situation is in shambles and I accept my responsibility for that situation. However, for the moment I can afford $40 for a plant.

Should I do so, and do so as a participant in this movement, I want to know I'm not violating any ground rules or "blaspheming". For me, who is about to make a personal decision about what I am going to do, my post was only intended to inquire about what I see as a philosophical stance against buying a SD plant so I can get to work more quickly. Offending or insulting other members, whose circumstances do not allow them to purchase a SD plant, was the furthest thing from my mind.

Apparently I have done so, and for that I humbly apologize.
RocketeerJim

Postby nothim » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:55 am

no worries ,
there were just some thoughts, may be others will pick up some things from the message....
or maybe not !?
i would kindly ask the lituania grower to make a growlog and to reveal all the instruction messages during the one month struggle/ recovery \ of the plants, it will be a help for others !!!
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:15 pm

Jim, I think you're imagining things, again. Everyone here except like 3 people have purchased plants online or at a local nursery. It doesn't matter where you get your plant. We are just helping to spread it one way or another.
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Well, I've been doing quite a bit of imagining over the last week or so. :P

I'm sure you're correct. In fact, I think I've found the source of my confusion. I apparently misread something on another website concerning a "guide to use of Salvia". It was the guide itself they said should not be sold, not the plant. :oops:

Guess I should've waited a bit longer after a dose before I started my research project. I'll stand down now.
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:50 pm

Ahah yeah, being intoxicated makes things oh so much more confusing. Remember to take a few days off between uses. No one is sure about long term effects on the central nervous system, kidney, heart, and cardiovascular system.
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:07 pm

Now you tell me! :lol:

Yes, I'm sure that is sound advice. I have an appointment with SD for Saturday. Nothing yesterday, today or tomorrow. After that, no plans to revisit it in the short-run. And my affinity for MJ has cooled as well for now. It's all good! I'm clear-headed.
RocketeerJim

Next

Return to Welcome