Rocketeerjim - California

Make A Post To Introduce yourself here

Rocketeerjim - California

Postby RocketeerJim » Sat May 29, 2010 2:08 pm

Greetings!

I'm new to Salvia. My first experience with it was over-the-top and opened up a new dimension for me. Just incredible! I want very much to participate in the project to foster growth, expansion and worldwide distribution (as allowed by law)!

I have growing experience. I was an Ed Rosenthal devotee in the 70's (I'm 51) and grew outdoors in natural sunlight, indoors with gro-lux bulbs, hydroponics, etc. etc.. I definitely have a green thumb and both the time and inclination to help out!

I am encouraged that it is legal to possess and grow Salvia in California and am willing, like the others, to "pay it forward".

Thanks for reviewing my intro and I hope to get to know everyone.

Oh, about my forum name, I am RocketeerJim because I ride a Triumph Rocket III motorcycle and belong to R3owners.com, an international forum of like-minded people.

I also teach scuba diving. And I'm a lawyer and former paralegal instructor.
RocketeerJim

Re: Rocketeerjim - California

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sat May 29, 2010 11:54 pm

Aha, welcome! Your age puts you at our oldest known member.

Impressive resume. If you stick around, I don't think our members will have any problem (besides getting healthy cuttings) hooking you up with a plant.

What are you currently growing?
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Sun May 30, 2010 8:16 am

Thanks for your response, Ulmdorgr. And thanks for the compliment about my resume. As a litigator I've spent most of my adult life championing peoples' causes and slaying dragons. However, I've come to recognize that as I've aged I've mellowed and my personality and value-set are now more like those of Freeman Lowell, who was played by Bruce Dern, in Silent Running. I guess my friends and family have been right all along when they've said I do not seem like a typical lawyer.

I am not currently growing anything. Though I would love to grow cannabis and I am a bona-fide Prop 215/Assembly Bill 420 Medical Cannabis patient (back injury), my wife, who does not "partake", also does not share my enthusiasm for cultivating it and would not tolerate Cannabis plants in, on or near our home.

On the other hand, Salvia is legal in California and to quote Terence McKenna, "it looks like Joe Plant". I believe such a benign looking plant would do very well in some of the pots we have sitting around waiting for new tenants. I understand Salvia grows well indoors with just a few hours of direct sunlight per day, responds well to many types of fertilizers and is comfortable in basic commercial potting soil. I am in a temperate zone in Southern California and I believe the Goddess entrusted to me will be comfortable, not too hot, not too cold, not too humid or arid but "just right". And she will get lots of attention and the best of care so she can thrive and produce cuttings!
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun May 30, 2010 4:17 pm

No problem. I know a few lawyers, some are cool, some aren't. I don't think your occupation reflects your personality.

Cannabis activism seems very... active at the moment. It's heartening.

I love Terrence's speech about salvia, because it occurred back before all the current research had been done and he was just in complete, sincere awe.

You sound more than ready, so I'm hoping people will have cuttings available soon. SF might have a few more, so participate in some of the insignificant banter or comment on some of the people's logs to get started, if you haven't already, and I'll cross my fingers for you.
Ulmdorgr

Return to Welcome