Hello

Make A Post To Introduce yourself here

Hello

Postby XSD1138 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:44 am

XSD1138 is an account representing two individuals with interested in S Divinorum cultivation. For simplicity I will
refer to myself as XSD1138 Part One and my partner as Part Two.

About XSD1138 Part One. I am a hobby gardener with over 10 years experience cultivation with soil and about a
year of experience cultivating with both deep water culture and drip irrigation hydroponic systems. I am also a
professional Photographer. I currently reside in Providence,RI where the current legal status of S Divinorum is
unscheduled. I look forward learning from other users and sharing my experiences with the community.

Yours Truly: XSD1138 Part One
XSD1138

Re: Hello

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue May 25, 2010 1:25 am

Welcome! Stick around. Cuttings are becoming readily available and all you need to get them is to be an active member (usually minimum 10-30 posts; its up to the grower).

We have a few other pro growers. Glad to have you.
Ulmdorgr

Postby XSD1138 » Sun May 30, 2010 5:45 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:Welcome! Stick around. Cuttings are becoming readily available and all you need to get them is to be an active member (usually minimum 10-30 posts; its up to the grower).

We have a few other pro growers. Glad to have you.

I don't know that I would classify myself as a total pro, I'm always learning. I re-learned a hard lesson recently about hard water. My new place is a unit in an industrial loft zoned
work live. Even with 3 phase reverse osmosis filtration, the water is quite hard. In fact the first stage of my filter has turned brick red. I actually was trying to root a batch of
basil cuttings as my first grow project for my new space and they started off ok and then crashed like an underfunded space shuttle. I can only imagine that a decent number of
board members know that screwing up basil is pretty tough.

Why do I like hydroponic better than soil. I think there are a number of reasons but the easiest two are 1. minimized insect pest issues and 2. it is much easier to deal with salt
residue from ferts by simply changing the water, and flushing soil puts a lot of stress on the plant. :-D

yours truly: XSD1138 Part One
XSD1138

Postby RocketeerJim » Sun May 30, 2010 6:06 pm

You're not related to THX1138 (played by Robert Duvall in the movie of the same name) are you??
RocketeerJim

Postby XSD1138 » Sun May 30, 2010 6:31 pm

I may have seen that movie ;-)
XSD1138

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun May 30, 2010 9:09 pm

Holy crap; I need to see that film now. I'm reading some of the plot summary on Wikipedia; those narcotics forced on the people sound like anti-depressants, amphetamines, etc. (although usually voluntary in our world).

Water like that doesn't even sound safe to drink! "brick red"? Is the filter rusting?

And yes, herbs like basil seem very easy to grow. That... sucks =)
Ulmdorgr

Return to Welcome