New gardener!

Make A Post To Introduce yourself here

New gardener!

Postby bookworm » Sun May 02, 2010 8:23 pm

Hey all... I'm a newbie to Salvia growing and I haven't gotten a plant yet. Looking forward to it though! I live in GA so hopefully the climate will be amicable to it. I was planning on starting it inside by a big window and then moving it outdoors under a pergola (I'm kind of worried about it getting too much sun) once it gets bigger. Anybody else growing in the South with success?
bookworm

Re: New gardener!

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon May 03, 2010 2:11 am

Welcome! SF, the forum owner, is growing in Texas. We just lost a different Texas grower, as he is being called in for a tour in Iraq. Anyways, the south seems to be popular, but we only have one grower nearby at the moment. Distance isn't really a factor - any corner of the continental U.S. versus Texas won't be a big deal; all routes probably use airplanes.

Stick around, contribute, share some ideas, share your experiences with plants and Salvia divinorum. The guys on the forums are looking for dedicated members, i.e. people who check in frequently and display a vested interest.

We are small, but the people who are dedicated will eventually have cuttings available.

I can tell you this much, we are already internationally successful (on a small scale).
Ulmdorgr

Postby bookworm » Mon May 03, 2010 9:10 am

Thanks for the welcome. :) I kind of figured GA would be okay since it's so friggin' humid here, but I dont have a ton of experience with gardening so I didn't really know for sure. My other plants (all common garden plants) are doing well though so maybe there's hope for me!
bookworm

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon May 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Yeah, you'll have to watch over exposure to the sun (it's not always a problem, so you'll just have to keep an eye on things) and night time temperatures.
Ulmdorgr

Return to Welcome