Hey

Make A Post To Introduce yourself here

Hey

Postby voodoowitchdoctor » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:12 pm

Hello, I'm Matt from Maine. I love plants, but I've never grown salvia before. I've haven't even tried it yet, but I've heard that growing your own salvia is a much more rewarding experience than just buying some, so I want to give it a shot. I have read the user's guide from sagewisdom before anyone tells me I should read it. Along with growing for my own use, I would like to breed the plants to produce more genetic diversity which I believe is also one of the goals here. i plant to keep a highly detailed journal of all my growing, breeding and experiences, complete with 8"x10" color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back explaining each one... not really but there will be pictures, and maybe video.
voodoowitchdoctor

Re: Hey

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:28 pm

Welcome! You love plants, but do you have experience growing? People with a past history of growing are more likely to get a cutting, simply because growers will have more faith in you.

As far as intrabuccal absorption versus smoked s. divinorum is concerned, I have yet to experience the former, but I can imagine what it would be like. Since it's the same chemical, the only differences are the dosage, the time it takes to reach the brain (i.e. the concentration in the brain), and how long the experience lasts (i.e. rate of metabolism). This means that it will have a very similar feeling for people like myself who have experience smoking it. However, since the intrabuccal method has more of a plateau than a peak, the experience is much more satisfying if you're able to reach a high enough plateau. I'm guessing that by itself, leaves will be a very good enhancement to meditation and self reflection, but if one were to use leaves, then smoke... Well, things can go too far (plateau 6/black out) too easily with s. divinorum, so it will take a lot of experimentation to figure out the correct mixed dosages. Anyways, that's just my dream for using it (reaching the best pleateau for the longest amount of time).

I need more ideas for what new growers should expect to have equipment wis, so I can make a helpful post. Thanks for your help and keep thinking.
Ulmdorgr

Re: Hey

Postby voodoowitchdoctor » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:33 pm

I do have experience growing plants, but not salvia. I know this will lower my chances of getting a cutting, but that's alright. I really think that this project is a great idea, and I'll contribute however I can even if I don't get a cutting.

Are there any ways you can think of that I can help even if I don't have a plant? Maybe posting links to this site on other sites and forums?
voodoowitchdoctor

Return to Welcome