Salvia cuttings in Thailand

Make A Post To Introduce yourself here

Salvia cuttings in Thailand

Postby mindbody » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:51 am

I'd really appreciate some help from the community in this regard: I've just moved to Thailand and would love to raise a Salvia plant here, as the climate seems very suitable. However, it seems very difficult to get a cutting shipped over here. So I am wondering if there are any members in Thailand (or neighboring countries) that would be able to share a cutting (I do not mind providing monetary compensation).

Just in case it may be important, I am a professional research scientist experienced with spiritual use of psychedelics (though I have only limited experience with salvinorin)...
mindbody

Re: Salvia cuttings in Thailand

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:39 pm

Sorry I was slow to approve your post. This moderation queue thing is really annoying and inefficient. Welcome! What research are you working on, currently? Have you had anything published?
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby mindbody » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:48 am

Ulmdorgr wrote:Sorry I was slow to approve your post. This moderation queue thing is really annoying and inefficient. Welcome! What research are you working on, currently? Have you had anything published?

I have had many things published, but my professional research has nothing to do with neurochemistry or with my psychedelic interests. I'd be happy to share further personal details in a more private atmosphere... 8-)

Hope someone can still provide input on getting a live Salvia plant in SE Asia!
mindbody

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:13 am

We haven't had any asian prospects since earlier this year when we had someone growing in Taiwan, but that fizzled out after a few months. What's the law look like over there?
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby mindbody » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:36 pm

I have no indications that Salvia has any special legal status here.

If any members can send me a cutting (and it survives), I can guarantee to spread it on to other interested people in the region.
mindbody

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:26 am

(This goes for everyone looking for a plant), make sure you check out salviasource.org too. Sometimes there are people with cuttings ready. Mindbody, over the past 2 years of salvia forum crawling, I don't think I have ever seen free cuttings given away. Try PMing RocketeerJim about his latest cuttings.
Ulmdorgr

Postby mindbody » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:18 am

Ulmdorgr wrote:over the past 2 years of salvia forum crawling, I don't think I have ever seen free cuttings given away.

I do not mind paying (a fair amount, not a profit-oriented amount).
mindbody

Postby RocketeerJim » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:08 am

[quote="Ulmdorgr over the past 2 years of salvia forum crawling, I don't think I have ever seen free cuttings given away. [/quote]

You must have missed it then, Ulmy.
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby mindbody » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:09 pm

RocketeerJim wrote:
Ulmdorgr wrote: over the past 2 years of salvia forum crawling, I don't think I have ever seen free cuttings given away.

You must have missed it then, Ulmy.

Does it mean more can be given away, then? :?
mindbody

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:13 am

:D Okay, I guess Jim and boolie or someone might have thrown a few cuttings around, but I lost track of them :P Sorry!!!
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:33 am

@ulmy: Well, it was done sort of in secret!

@mindbody: I'd be happy to share a cutting but I doubt it would survive the trip absent overnight express or other one-day shipping which can be expensive.
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby nothim » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:04 pm

you get cuttings from uk at around 70 quids --- no more cheap offer (no one will get his skin fried for free)--- you pay ---you get it ---
google on the uk market or ebay
nothim

Postby mindbody » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:59 pm

RocketeerJim wrote:@mindbody: I'd be happy to share a cutting but I doubt it would survive the trip absent overnight express or other one-day shipping which can be expensive.

Bob Smith (advertized on this forum) kept assuring me that a cutting should survive international USPS priority shipment which takes around a week: http://ircalc.usps.gov/MailServices.asp ... &o=1&mt=13

Now, I wouldn't mind buying from Bob at all, as his conditions are very reasonable, but he keeps coming on and off in our e-mail exchanges, so I am not sure if it's getting anywhere...
mindbody

Postby DanG » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:14 pm

mindbody wrote:
RocketeerJim wrote:@mindbody: I'd be happy to share a cutting but I doubt it would survive the trip absent overnight express or other one-day shipping which can be expensive.

Bob Smith (advertized on this forum) kept assuring me that a cutting should survive international USPS priority shipment which takes around a week: http://ircalc.usps.gov/MailServices.asp ... &o=1&mt=13

Now, I wouldn't mind buying from Bob at all, as his conditions are very reasonable, but he keeps coming on and off in our e-mail exchanges, so I am not sure if it's getting anywhere...

My friend, i have been to thailand (our physical characteristics look generally the same lol) and i know how hot your climate is. It's similar to the Philippines. And i must tell you, Salvia doesn't do well in a weather like ours.

It might be better if you just purchase an ounce of leaves and you'll be set for a year. I've spent hundreds of dollars just to get this plant only to have it succumb to whatever reason. I have a friend in Brazil who had a similar fate to mine. Growth became compact and weird. After a few months the plant died.

Not to worry as there are a lot of other entheogens that thrive in our climate. Ayahuasca medicine, iboga tree, daturas, poppy plant to name a few. Kratom is another but is illegal in your country.

If you really want a salvia plant then be patient with Bob. This guy delivers :) Keeping the plant allive is of course another story. Rot is your biggest enemy.

Do you have access to fruit seeds or seedlings?
I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
-Nikos Kazantzakis

Use Your Cellphone Camera for Close-up/Macro Photography
DanG

Postby Zaka » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:26 pm

Irie,
I've got the same situation going on.
For the past 3 years tried to get a cutting to survive the journey.
Had most browning before I got them.
The last one was seized by customs at the airport.

So does anyone here have the ability to make some cuttings in agar plastic test tubes????
They wouldn't have to be pretty, just a node with roots & another with growth points...
I think that this may be the only way to get cuttings to survive long journeys.

Got plenty to trade!!!
Respect,
Z
Zaka

Next

Return to Welcome