hey people - i'm Zarosath

Make A Post To Introduce yourself here

hey people - i'm Zarosath

Postby ZaroSath » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:16 pm

hey guys, i'm new here.. i was searching for more info about the blosser strain and ended up finding one of salviadivinorumblog's videos and learned of a website, i thought it might be neat to have a community for salvia or things related so i decided to give it a try.

i ended up discovering salvia on a herb website i was looking at, i was thinking of trying one of these herbs out.. some were for dreams, relaxation but one i came across called salvia divinorum caught my eye, it was one of the first i saw linking to a website for information about it (sagewisdom) and so i ended up reading about it and thought it sounded pretty neat about growing my own plant especially in case it ever became illegal and i could possibly be denied the opportunity to use any.

so.. i researched a little and looked around and came across a few sites, most were wanting to sell a extraction instead of the actual plant but still many offered it, i ended up buying from arena ethnobotanicals which was expensive but i thought it was going to be a quality service - i was wrong.. i ordered 3 items together, 1gram of 20x salvia, 1 salvia plant and some green tea pills because they were only a couple dollars, they ended up sending the salvia extract and pills with a tracking number, no plant.. i emailed them asking about this and they said it would be here in 2-4 weeks and replied within the day,

i was a little disappointed but i didnt mind.. a week later my parents bring me something from the mail box which i was shocked because it was below freezing out and they never notified me of shipment nor provide me with a tracking number which i later learned they also charged me with separate shipping as well.. i opened the box, the plant was almost completely black and definitely dead! the heat pack sent with it was rock solid, so i emailed them telling them i wanted a replacement and i wasn't about to pay them money for another plant (excluding shipping) again for their mistake, no reply! i wait a week and send a email asking why they havent replied, still no reply! even if you dont intent to send replacement fine, not responding because you made a mistake is nothing short of bullshit..

but it didnt stop there! i decided to give goldofsunshine a try (i guess bouncing bear sold out to them?) on their two for 1 plant deal and asked to make sure they provide tracking number and heat pack when they ship it, i'm still waiting for it to be shipped but hopefully this time it should be a safe shipment :D

i ended up trying the salvia extract i got by chewing it for half an hour (not swallowing anything) and didnt notice any effects anytime after.. but i later tried the dead leaves off of the dead salvia plant that i got with the same method and noticed some interesting effects (body falling asleep, feeling relaxed, focusing on simple things like the way my tongue felt) but sadly shortly fell asleep before going into it much further, the effects came on when i was going to bed.

so.. thats my story, i hope its not too much to read.. i think i might like a community for this sort of thing, there's something about growing a plant(s) and using it for a purpose other then make the room look nice that appeals to me but even that is an inadequate enough description! is anyone else like this? why do you want to grow salvia?
ZaroSath

Re: hey people - i'm Zarosath

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:41 pm

Welcome!

They didn't make a mistake. You did. Don't order plants in the winter, especially Salvia divinorum. :D

You will not get an experience from oral use of salvia extracts, because they contain very little amounts of salvinorin A for sublingual doses, unless you purchase 60x or above. The extracts are for smoking. I try to inhale ~2-6 mg.

Oral use should be done with high concentrated tinctures (expensive) or a quid (rolled up leaves); growing your own or buying leaves in bulk is more cost effective, I think, than tinctures. Oral doses are more like ~5-20mg to start, and can go really high if you're experienced.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby ZaroSath » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:23 am

if they sent a tracking number or at least told me they were sending it, it would not of freezed to death.. i know this because despite it being winter the other plants i ordered arrived fine and didn't suffer any damage because i knew when it was going to be here.

anyway if there's not enough salvinorin A in the extracts then where do the effects come from? the only thing i can think of is that lungs having a more direct way to the blood stream.
ZaroSath

Postby ZaroSath » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:28 am

also, when can i post on my own without waiting for approval? its kinda annoying
ZaroSath

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:09 am

I'm not sure, I'll try and look into the board settings some time this week. It's annoying for everyone.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Return to Welcome