Hello From UK!

Make A Post To Introduce yourself here

Re: Hello From UK!

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:29 pm

Welcome Adam! You're the first person from the UK to appear here. One member, boolie, is about 1500 miles south east of you or so, but he may be able to ship you a cutting.

Stick around, educate us on your aeroponic experiences, and maybe we can reciprocate with some knowledge of Salvia Divinorum and Kratom.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:36 pm

hello, welcome, let.s see how it gets first to nz and tw, and we.ll see after what is the best meth for packing....and if it works,.....meanwhile the plants grows...
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:51 pm

Just to clarify for you Adam, boolie has tried to ship to New Zealand and Taiwan. He's waiting to see if the plants will survive (the plants ended up in terrible shape), as well as wait for his own to offer new cuttings.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:03 am

i went through... second time as well, i tried to pack them in a diffrent way , though here the weather changed and it is weird, cause here winter ends and there summer starts, and the plants will get so confused :) i packed them to survive the winter here, but when they get there , they will cook on the high temps, so, i tried other materials to see if it works, based on what the tw said upon receiving them...., in nz, the first pack did not arrive , or was lost or confiscated at the custom, otherwise i do not explain why is it not there for now......, so i have flayed(barked {off}) the plants on this sendings, and now they are scarced, and i wait for them to grow,

the chimney project ended with failure too, so the results are that here the plant will never flower, there is only a chance though, that will be , to be located somewhere where are no post lights, in the countryside maybe, and to be very rich to pay a huge bill on winter in order to get the temp for them at 25 celsius, at least

so, for the moment i wait the spring to do the job, and i am stressed cause i have some other plants that i have to take care off, cause i took cuttings from them when it should not, and i chanced the soil too when it should not, so they are about dying, so , i am focused on saving them ...., they were kick ass, and i do not want to lose them....
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:42 am

According to that one guys' website they only flower in the fall.
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:40 am

told you, i had them in teh past , and they were about to flower ini january, but the post outside messed things, and i post a link here wtih some studies on the flowering, and they do flower in winter here, but i can not find the post,

i got it

http://www.sagewisdom.org/valdes87.html

Buds were observed in late October. Flowering began on 10 Nov and continued until early January 1981. All specimens bloomed. Similar results occurred during 1981 and 1982. In autumn 1983 another research group used artificial lighting to extend greenhouse daylength, which caused the Salvia to abort flowers and revert to vegetative growth.

i do not understand here :
Repeating the experiments with an abrupt change from 16 h to 11 h days indicated tapered decreases in daylength were not necessary to induce flowering. Increasing daylength to over 12 h caused plant to revert to vegetative growth and abort flowers (Valdés s.n., 15 June 1981, MICH). Later a malfunctioning timer switch indicated that less than a week of 24h days induced this reversion, even if conditions were returned to short (11h) days.

which revertion, what does it mean?
any thoughts?
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:56 pm

Revert = go back to a previous state of being.

Thanks, it makes sense now. However, the studies don't say that they had buds in Jan, Feb, or March. They only had buds in the fall.
Ulmdorgr

Postby dixonuk » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Hey guys , this is Adam from UK again ,

Sorry for late reply, account was deleted / inacessable for some reason :/

Thanks for the Info Ulmdorgr :) , i have a new aeroponic system set up for enthnobots , and would be glad to act as a distributor to EU once it is set up with salvia.

With regards to boolie2010 i hope your plants recuperate for you! What is your chimney project may i ask?

I am ready to take part in the project whenever a donor is ready :)

Adam
dixonuk

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:27 pm

Yeah it looks like SF deleted your account. He must have thought it you were a spambot for some reason (your email address may have been flagged elsewhere; try googling it). I can't revert the deletion, but I can apologize!

boolie's chimney project can be seen in this thread (it may only be on the second page): viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:29 pm

cheers ulmdy!!! getting the reply fast!!! cheers!!!

yeah, the lol chimney project , was about a weird place i had, and it supposed to be the only optimum place that fitted , (succeeded , fulfiled) the conditions(temp, humiditiy, and most important light period) for plant to flower , but ended up badly due to the very low temps that we had this winter, around minus 25, and due to an inaccurte setting of a heater which i had placed on a lateral wall around october, and i did not know how powerful the heater was, so i left it like that, and overnight it dried all the plants , so i stressed them , and i had to move them outside to redo ( reset) the setting , and i had to place the heater below, and with 2 plates of (with) water onto it for humidity, and with two space distance layers on top for lowering( i am not sure it is a word, to decrease the heat)the heat there, so all these first previous factors(bad heater position, moving of the plants out, the low temp outside) made the Plant not to flower, i believe.

we should lol ask those kick ass guys in paris that make the perfumes, to make this 'special' perfume from many , many flowers, and to put on the market, it would be so cool, i wonder how it smells?
do you not ?

here is a link of the last setting

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boolie2010 ... 04/detail/

where do you live in Uk(England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales)?
what county or is it secret?
Last edited by nothim on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nothim

Postby dixonuk » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Hey all

Sorry for late reply , a lot on my mind at the moment .

What are the flowers used for may i ask ?

From north england here :) , salvia fully legal for now.

Adam
dixonuk

Postby dixonuk » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:19 pm

hey all

just got my cuttings from boolie planted

all is looking well plant wise and should be contributing in a month or 2 with cuttings, calea also
:lol: :lol: :lol:
dixonuk

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:51 pm

That's great! You're the 8th person here that has Salvia Divinorum.

What strain(s) did you receive and how many did you receive?
Ulmdorgr

Postby dixonuk » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:37 am

Hey ,

not too sure of the strain, better ask Boolie

Got them all set up growing hydroponically, when it bushes out i will root some cuttings and give.

I have 3 small plants and 1 medium growing bush that will be big enough to cut in a month or so.

Cheers
dixonuk

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:45 am

As far as I know, boolie only has Bunnel (Wasson/Hoffman), so that's what you should have.

I think you are the first or second hydroponic salvia grower on here, so congrats! Good luck; please post pictures if you can.

There are a few other UK members on here, but none of them seem active. Check in once in a while; we'll find you someone.
Ulmdorgr

Return to Welcome