Howdy from central IL

Make A Post To Introduce yourself here

Howdy from central IL

Postby knexkid » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:45 pm

Hey everyone! Glad I finally found this forums. I'm reading up on all the things this forum has to offer. I'm going to pursue getting a few plant cutting to grow myself. If anyone is in the IL region with a plant please let me know! Also, I'm looking at the list of places to buy plants, and could I get a recommendation from someone? I'm all for cheaper (college doesn't pay for itself unfortunately) but I don't wanna piss away money either on plants that will die or never show up. Should I just email that Bob Smith guy?
knexkid

Re: Howdy from central IL

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:55 pm

Welcome from Sunny SoCal!

Bob's the man!
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby knexkid » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:04 pm

Wow that Bob guy replies fast! Well I'm think were in business, but now I need to know, what's the difference between Blosser and Wasson/Hoffman strains. One better than the other? One easier to grow/more hardy? One stronger/more potent? Which should I pick?
knexkid

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:50 pm

Good luck with that. Don't get caught! It's illegal there.

Wasson/Hoffman is actually BUNNEL, just so you know. As far as I know, there is no real difference between the "strains." However, I have never seen subjective experiences of quid experiences from the different plants, nor have I see scientific evidence of different rates of producing salvinorin A.

Bunnel is the most common, but either that or Blosser will do you fine. Salvia can be a real pain to grow, so be prepared to lose her your first time. It's good to start with one or two cheap plants and see how it goes.

Since Illinois has super high humidity in the summer, plants can be grown outside for some time, but definitely bring them in during the fall, winter, and early spring.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby SF » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:07 am

I have always had better luck growing Blosser. Blosser seems to adapt and grow faster and stronger, that may just be from my experience but if anyone else has noticed this please let us know. Once your Salvia Divinorum plant (any strain) gets to be a good size it will start to grow faster and you will be able to take a nice amount of cuttings for rooting.
SF
Site Admin

Return to Welcome