Growing Equipment

A knowledge base forum.

Re: Growing Equipment

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Yes.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Chewy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:03 am

These are old pictures of my grow room. The led burnt its ballest out. I bought a super cheap on and it back fired. When it worked it was great. Ive never seen plants as green as they were after my led. There expensive thou. Gotta do your research.
Chewy

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:14 pm

So beautiful.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Whiterasta34 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:58 pm

Has anyone besides me thought of growing using hydroponics?

And that set up is so beautiful I can't stop staring :shock:
Whiterasta34

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:14 pm

I think unstable was interested in whether or not it could be done.

As far as I know it should be able to work. Not much info is out there from growers. Check out http://www.salviasource.org/forum/hydroponics/ (note, their shop is flakey, so don't use them for that).
Ulmdorgr

Postby caktalfraktal » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:18 am

boolie2010 wrote:http://www.msfc.nasa.gov/news/news/photos/2000/photos00-336.htm

thats cool stuff! I'm just using two 20 watt tubes, the kind that are like half the length of normal tubes. Same diameter though. I find for Salvia and Fluorescent lighting, the Fat Tubes are almost better than cfl, because they offer more of a spread out cloudy day type lighting which is brilliant for Divinorum, whereas the CFL spirals are more consentrated in one specific area, also for this reason it's harder to use them for more than a single plant.

I'd love one of those LED pannels, the Red colours are more for a plant producing flowers; especially vegetables! I'd like to get a near solid blue pannel, perhaps with a few quad-dots of red here and there to make it more like a real sun for the plants.

In the spring and early summer, the light that reaches the plant's are more in the blue spectrum, and it turns more orange as the summer progresses. Some plants are even triggered by the solar colour as opposed to light cycle. I think those LED pannels are pretty well balanced though, I think you can get ones specifically for foliage type plants and some for produce and floral type ones.
caktalfraktal

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:07 am

caktalfraktal wrote:I find for Salvia and Fluorescent lighting, the Fat Tubes are almost better than cfl, because they offer more of a spread out cloudy day type lighting which is brilliant for Divinorum, whereas the CFL spirals are more consentrated in one specific area, also for this reason it's harder to use them for more than a single plant.

If you look at the actual lumens output of two bulbs, it doesn't matter what shape they are (of course, it depends on where they measure the lumens; hopefully they do it omnidirectionally around the bulb). The biggest thing is just to make sure you get a clamp/fixture to harness/reflect the sides that face away from your plants.
Ulmdorgr

Postby merryjohn » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:56 pm

Just out of curiosity, has anyone experimented with a HPS lamp? i kno its in the yellow/red spectrum, but does it stimulate flowering in salvia d?

Also how does a metal halide perform with salvia d?
ImageImage
Botanical Enthusiast
merryjohn

Postby nothim » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:01 pm

it is about light period , the type of light does not matter as long as it has the required hours to do so....
nothim

Postby merryjohn » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:50 pm

boolie2010 wrote:it is about light period , the type of light does not matter as long as it has the required hours to do so....

yes but often its a combination of photoperiod, light spectrum, and temperature.

For example, cannabis s normally flowers when the light per day goes down in time. However, red/yellow lighting stimulates flower growth, and temperature also affect growth rate and coloring.

Maybe an HPS could stimulate stronger and bigger flowers......
ImageImage
Botanical Enthusiast
merryjohn

Postby PipeGnome » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:07 pm

i imagine that if you applied a similar technique used on cannabis to salvia, you should get the same results.
maybe use an 18/6 growth light schedule with a metal halide and gradually kick it down to a 12/12 over a weeks period to flower, and switch out with your hps. if you had a whole grow room devoted to sally, and a couple 1000 watt hps and mh lamps, i think you could pump out some fatty shrubs from clones in 4 or 5 months time.
There is no such thing as a fact, only the subjective opinions of others.
PipeGnome

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:36 pm

Salvia divinorum requires something like 14 hours of darkness to flower.
Ulmdorgr

Postby PipeGnome » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:36 pm

http://members.cox.net/sageseeds/
this website has some info on triggering the flowering process and getting viable seeds. he states that you can trigger flowering by setting the daylight to night ratio of your lighting systems photo-period down to 11 hours of daylight and 13 hours of dark. so, the flowering technique is similar to cannabis by 1 hours difference, but according to the guy on the web page, much more sensitive. you can set the light timers from grow to flower overnight, and it will work, but the flower growth can be interrupted and aborted with the smallest amount of light contamination on the off hours.
There is no such thing as a fact, only the subjective opinions of others.
PipeGnome

Postby Chewy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:10 am

merryjohn wrote:
boolie2010 wrote:it is about light period , the type of light does not matter as long as it has the required hours to do so....

Its all about what type of light you have. Cfl's hps/mh or t5s are the only, effecient lights. ive seen people in other rooms that are using halagon lights. I mean, ya maybe they will keep a plant alive, but youll never see results like you should. Dont get me wrong time is important as well. time is related to flower cycles. If you drop a plant to 12 hours of sun and it was used to 18, then your bringing on the flower stage.
Chewy

Postby CarboVeg » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Hello, guys (:
I don't know if it's already been said but, when you have an unrooted cutting, try to put a little piece of Salix (in English, it should be called willow, but I'm not sure): it will help the cutting to grow roots faster .
Most garden centres will sell them (:
Of course, the piece *has* to be free from parasites, otherwise they could kill the fragile cutting :(
I've never tried it with Salvia, but it worked fine with other plants (:
Sorry for my bad English >_<
CarboVeg

PreviousNext

Return to Guides, Info, Etc.