Magic and naturopathic flora

A knowledge base forum.

Magic and naturopathic flora

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:53 pm

This is a list of all of our favorite plants/herbs/trees/bushes/mushrooms/etc., from entheogens and oneirogens to pain killers and panaceas. Pardon my lack of definition.

I'm not sure whether to group these by effect or alphabetically. Since many of these have multiple uses, I'll start with an alphabetical listing with descriptions/references, and at the end possibly make additional lists by effect.

This list is not to be maintained as an all inclusive database - although some plants may contain trace elements of entheogenic compounds or whatever, those plants are not to be listed unless they can be used effectively in some way. It is intended to be exclusive to those that heal.

If you have anything to contribute, please do! I'm only adding the plants and information that I know, so please inform me! Some of this has been copied from other sites.

Alphabetically by taxonomic name or substance
  • Amanita muscaria (a.k.a. Fly Agaric/Fly Amanita): entheogen.
  • Cannabis
  • Daucus carota (Queen Anne's Lace/wild carrot/bird's nest/bishop's lace): "A teaspoon of crushed seeds has long been used as a form of birth control; its use for this purpose was first described by Hippocrates over 2,000 years ago." It is used as a diuretic and a stimulant. Can be mistaken for Poison Hemlock. Is considered a weed. Have not found a reliable source for its use as a contraceptive. Wikipedia
  • LSA (Morning Glory seeds)
    • Argyreia nervosa (Hawaiian Baby Woodrose; Elephant Creeper; Woolly Morning Glory)
    • Rivea corymbosa (Ololiuhqui)
    • Ipomoea tricolor (Tlitliltzin)
  • Mescaline (listed in decending order of concentration)
    • Lophophora williamsii (Peyote)
    • Echinopsis pachanoi (San Pedro cactus)
    • Echinopsis peruviana (Peruvian Torch cactus)
    • Entheogen used for new gaining new perspectives, rebirth, finding spirit animals, finding oneness, finding peace, trancendence of life, speaking to spirits.
  • Monotropa uniflora (a.k.a. Ghost Pipe, Indian Pipe, Corpse Plant): physical and emotional pain killer. Useful for negating bad trips on substances such as LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, and Ketamine. Could probably work for MDMA/Ecstasy panic attacks or those on amphetamines. Wikipedia, A good account by someone who uses it for medical treatment
  • N-N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT)
    • Banisteriopsis caapi (Vine of Souls, or sometimes incorrectly called ayahuasca)
    • Diplopterys cabrerana (Chaliponga, Chagropanga and, in parts of Ecuador, or Chacruna although Psychotria viridis also has that name)
    • Anadenanthera colubrina (Vilca)
    • Anadenanthera peregrina (Yopo)
    • Mimosa tenuiflora (Jurema)
    • Virola elongata/Virola theiodora
  • Nicotiana rustica (Mapacho): used by tabaqueros (literally tabacco men) in the Amazon to heal people. Shaman gain knowledge via hallucinations from large consumption of nicotine. Rumored to produce 18x more nicotine, gram for gram, compared to Nicotiana tobacum.
  • Piper methysticum (a.k.a. Kava, Kava-Kava, Awa, Ava, Yaqona, or Sakau): mild pain killer/relaxing effects. Nice meditation aid. Can be mixed with other substances. Hard on the liver (avoid if you have any liver related issues), so be careful when mixing alcohol. Unknown effective dose; mixtures of kava vary in the amount of kavalactones. For powder/pills, start with 2 grams, then work your way up to 3-5. Give yourself at least a few days between attempts. Wikipedia
  • Salvia divinorum: various entheogenic uses including transcendence of life and death, philosophical exploration, exploration of one's nervous system, or meeting Ska Pastora for gifts or healing (using the traditional method). See the Salvia Divinorum references thread for additional information. Wikipedia
  • Solenostemon scutellarioides (Coleus blumei): rumored to be an oneirogen. Very few positive reports when using. May not be active when smoked. Quid method may be possible. Rumored to be considered by the Mazatecs as the male half of the dualistic divinity; ska pastora being the other half.
Ulmdorgr

Re: Magic and naturopathic flora

Postby SF » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:47 pm

I really like this post. Did you make this list yourself? its very well organized, you have skills.

Anyways i have some purple Coleus Blumei (Purple Dragon Strain) cuttings if anyone is interested in any send me a pm.
Has anyone ever tried them out or extracted anything from coleus? I hear the mazatecs claim it was used when Salvia Divinorum was unavailable or not plentiful. It sounds very interesting but i did read it online, so who knows if its a fact or not.
SF
Site Admin

Re: Magic and naturopathic flora

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:42 am

Coleus blumei is rumored to be considered the male half of the divinity, whereas ska pastora is the female. I don't really trust the sources on the Mazatecs... I want to find out for myself.

Thanks. I want other people to get interested in their plants and their energy.Check out this girls' stuff. She's not a master, but she has the right idea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rwxP5kKIOc
Ulmdorgr

Return to Guides, Info, Etc.