Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Dead plants/Ended logs. A collection of logs that are no longer current. Feel free to reply to topics in here, but don't expect much of a reply.

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby sircrf » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:08 pm

ImageImageImage
PICS!
sircrf

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:19 am

You should know in a few days or weeks if they are gone. I don't know what their average life span or number of days in their cycle is, so I can't say.
Ulmdorgr

Postby sircrf » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Should I be worried about this browning? Perhaps cut this node off? The leaves above it arnt doing too great.. but idk any ideas?
sircrf

Postby RocketeerJim » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:22 pm

How's your bug problem? Those holes in the older leaves look a bit suspicious to me.

Actually, as your Sviet is metamorphosizing from a branch on a plant to a plant in its own right, and as you've only had it a few weeks so it is also adjusting to its new environment, maybe more watching and less intervention is in order at this juncture. Noting the presence of new growth, that does not strike me as a sign of impending death. However, I would keep a measuring eye on the brown portion of the stalk and consider for a bit longer whether to remove it. If no new growth occurs at or above it, perhaps it should go. If the browning begins to consume any more of the plant, all the more so.

Sviet is definitely alive now. . . . so I'd focus on the lighting, moisture, pests, feeding and other basics, keep an eye on which way the browning goes, and act accordingly.

The stalk is the foundation. The leaves serve their purposes and then fall off.
RocketeerJim

Postby sircrf » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:45 pm

It has mites I need to take care of them.
sircrf

Postby sircrf » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:58 pm

oh and next to the big dieing part there is a little green ball of new growth.
sircrf

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:11 pm

I'm not sure, but I think anything that is brown will not return to being healthy. In which case, be prepared to cut it if it grows much farther downwards. I'd only be worried about the stem, where the brown is congregated in a large amount. Don't worry about the little parts as much, that's just an indicator that she's in revival mode.

Take out the bugs! They're doing her in from all sides.
Ulmdorgr

Postby sircrf » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:21 pm

FUCK! Okay so my plant has mites since I got it however when i got the plant It was cut on top. The bugs migrated into the stem... First stem I cut was dead. Now this one started going brown and went downwards at first I didnt think much of it and didnt cut the browing off. Now its by another node I really hope it can stop there if it doesnt I will have a very large problem due to the fact I only have 2 segments of the stem left. My plant is growing rather nicely but the stem isnt looking good. I was thinking maybe i can take a cutting however. ONE part of my plant is looking very nice compared to the rest. And its growing. Im thinking I should take a cutting off just in case. I know my plant really needs to grow and that wont help it grow but if i can get a cutting to start to grow I will be In the green I think.
sircrf

Postby sircrf » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:50 am

Phew got rid of them. If you want to kill bugs I would recommended safer brand Insect Killing soap. Image
sircrf

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:57 pm

http://www.saferbrand.com/store/garden-care/5118

Can you post the ingredients list? The front of the bottle/websites I've seen don't list the other ingredients that make up 50% of the solution.
Ulmdorgr

Postby sircrf » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:04 pm

potassium salts of fatty acids 2%. Then other Ingredients. So i guess the only thing that really does anything to the bugs is that and the rest is probably for the protection of the plant. Apparently it is organic and has seemed to work quite well on my white flies. However any Insect killing is bad for your plant because there is good insects in soil often.
sircrf

Postby sircrf » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:07 pm

btw that is concentrate. I used the 2%
sircrf

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:09 pm

So there's no details on the back? What a lame product.
Ulmdorgr

Postby sircrf » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:11 pm

no the back just has information. It says it may be hazards to aquatic invertebrates, so dont go spraying jellyfish.
sircrf

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard