Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Dead plants/Ended logs. A collection of logs that are no longer current. Feel free to reply to topics in here, but don't expect much of a reply.

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby sircrf » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:40 am

boolie2010 wrote:do not know how hot it is inside there , if you use artificial light ( i am not onto it) --- make sure that artificial light is not to close to the plant ---it will burn the plant ---also--- maybe the soil is with plenty of fertilizers that can burn the plant aswell --- water only when the soil is almost dry ---

i would go for 20 celsius and with no artificial light -----ventilate more often ----

keep the plant inside the greenhouse --- move it on a west window -one meter away from it -with shade in the window -no direct sun

do not trim or prune the plant --leave it alone ----

if the stem is green ---the plant is ok -----

if the stem is brown ----anything from the brown upwards will shortly die --but-- you can save that if you take cuttings ---aim for green stem

when you take photos --bring the plant to natural light so we can see the real color of the plant ----do not photo under ultraviolet


alright I have tried to address every issue here.

I Moved my plant to closer to a window (no direct light no artificial light)

Im not going to prune except if anything is dead

my room is around 20C but outside is about 40C

Its stem IS green :)


And Ulmdorgr im not going to start randomly cutting off the leaves lol.
sircrf
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:03 pm

Well, if you're desperate... ahahaha. Yeah, listen to boolie.
Ulmdorgr
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: United States

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby sircrf » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:41 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:Well, if you're desperate... ahahaha. Yeah, listen to boolie.

Yeah I guess? Maybe if this want my first plant lol!
sircrf
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby sircrf » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:55 pm

I have some amazing news! My plant is really starting its recovery and is growing LOADS of new leaves! Im so ecstatic to see this happen! Almost every node has new leaves growing :)! Image
sircrf
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Ahaha sweeeet. I'm glad she pulled through! A few more weeks and it will look completely different.
Ulmdorgr
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: United States

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby NotZapple » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:59 pm

Nice job, I hope that happens to mine :)
NotZapple
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby sircrf » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:42 am

Yeah good luck! Im sure youll do fine. I got my plant in bad health. well in shock.
sircrf
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby sircrf » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:25 pm

I decided to start to use my swamp cooler which makes my room quite humid. Ill have to slowly take the humidity of my room lower but for now its looking good. I got a stand so it can be closer to the outside light but still no direct light. Image
sircrf
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby NotZapple » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:12 pm

It looks like the pot is sitting in water, make sure it isn't and that the water can drain easily. I put a bowl of water in my tent and it helps the humidity a little bit, adds about 15% from the short time I've had it in there.
NotZapple
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby sircrf » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:40 pm

NotZapple wrote:It looks like the pot is sitting in water, make sure it isn't and that the water can drain easily. I put a bowl of water in my tent and it helps the humidity a little bit, adds about 15% from the short time I've had it in there.

the water is from when I spilled water in it.
sircrf
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:47 pm

We can't tell where the holes are in the pot, but just make sure the water level isn't above at or above them.
Ulmdorgr
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: United States

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby sircrf » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:51 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:We can't tell where the holes are in the pot, but just make sure the water level isn't above at or above them.

no its not above the hole.
sircrf
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby sircrf » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:21 am

I have a small mite problem, any guides or suggestions to help?
sircrf
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:14 am

Salvia World wrote:Pests can attack salvia plants just like any other plant. If you're having a slug problem, beer is always a good solution. You can place a saucer around your plant that is flush with the soil, so slugs can get in, have a party, get drunk, get in a fight, and drown! HaHa! It's funny but it works. Spider mites can be controlled by soap and water, but this needs extreme care and caution so you don't end up killing your saliva plant. Remember, a garden hose is always the best way in killing pests. Spraying the leaves with a fine spray, hard enough to spray the critters away without damaging the leaves. Also remember to get under the leaves as well too.
Ulmdorgr
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: United States

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby sircrf » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:
Salvia World wrote:Pests can attack salvia plants just like any other plant. If you're having a slug problem, beer is always a good solution. You can place a saucer around your plant that is flush with the soil, so slugs can get in, have a party, get drunk, get in a fight, and drown! HaHa! It's funny but it works. Spider mites can be controlled by soap and water, but this needs extreme care and caution so you don't end up killing your saliva plant. Remember, a garden hose is always the best way in killing pests. Spraying the leaves with a fine spray, hard enough to spray the critters away without damaging the leaves. Also remember to get under the leaves as well too.

I have been spraying under the leaves and i got tweezers and killed as many as I could with them. I used to see them in the soil but i havent lately. They came when i got them shipped.. Maybe they are gone now?
sircrf
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:16 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron