Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Dead plants/Ended logs. A collection of logs that are no longer current. Feel free to reply to topics in here, but don't expect much of a reply.

Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby sircrf » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:33 pm

My current pictures and plant status updated regularly
[size=150][color=#008000]Name: Sviet
Sviet died...

Last edited by sircrf on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sircrf

Re: Sviet-Salvia Grow Log

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:06 am

How new is your plant? Where did you get it from?

Hopefully your plant will make it!

One of the concerns with a humidity chamber is that if you open it, as you did in the video, the moisture in the air will immediately start to move out of the box and into the room. Also, without an instrument, it's impossible to tell how humid it really is.

The second concern with the box is that if fresh air isn't circulating, your plant will suffocate amongst the over saturated oxygenated air (this will, of course, take a while within a completely sealed container).
Ulmdorgr

Postby sircrf » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:22 am

there is a few holes in my container towards the bottom and in the top and i open it a few times a day to mist it. I got it from freshsalvia.com Im pretty sure the plant was nice before shipped but where I live it is 106 F outside and the plant was burning up when I got it. So it had quite a bit of shock but I still have some good leaves so im hoping for the best. And im not 100% sure what the humidity is but the walls of it show moisture.
sircrf

Postby sircrf » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:23 am

Oh and that blubber in there puts air from outside in so im pretty sure I have that covered. Its 3 days old to me.
sircrf

Postby sircrf » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:14 pm

Some new plant growth Image
sircrf

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:49 pm

I don't know what you were trying to show in that image, but circling it next time will help. I assume it's the two little bulbs on the node facing the camera.

That is damn hot, even for the plant. What's the temp in the container?
Ulmdorgr

Postby sircrf » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:58 am

about 85F. When it was shipped it was about 108F outside and the plant felt that warm :/
sircrf

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:47 pm

Ahaha the new picture is awesome.

Yeah the original temp was extreme. At such a high temp you better be checking its soil moisture pretty frequently.
Ulmdorgr

Postby sircrf » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:46 pm

wait why? Im confused by this logic. How does being shipped and then being cooked like spinach correspond my need to check the soil moisture (which I already do anyways).
sircrf

Postby sircrf » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:19 pm

I haz question!
sircrf

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:22 am

How does being shipped and then being cooked like spinach correspond my need to check the soil moisture (which I already do anyways).

I forgot to space out that second response, but by "high temp" I was referring to the temperature in the box. Any environment over 70 degrees F (sort of a general area for room temp in a home) will probably have an accelerated rate of evaporation. Anyways, you seem to know what you're doing as far as watering goes.

I edited your last post to fix the video code. Edit your post so you can see how I got it to work.

In response to the latest video, there's two things.
  • First of all, necrosis (black spots) indicate that your plant is going into a recycling phase, if not just dying. Since you're taking care of it, I'm not worried that it's in bad shape. The spots can be trimmed, but unless they are large, it's not worth bothering healthy parts of the plant. If a large green leaf is half black, then yes, go ahead and cut out the dead parts so that it's not weighing it down and impeding a revival.
  • Secondly, when a salvia divinorum plant is in shock like this and doesn't show growth from the top node (which looks like it won't grow for a while), but has new growth at the bottom, it's basically growing out of its dead/dying areas and taking advantage of what's left. This is particularly interesting because of the reports of plants coming back from complete death (sideways/broken branches/decaying plants). If this is your first plant, just keep taking care of it even if you think its completely dead because it may surprise you with new life from its own ashes. This behavior is even more interesting when you start to analyze the archetypal subjective effects of salvinorin A consumption.

So, it looks like she's in bad shape but recuperating slowly. Keep at it. There seems to be no good info about pruning a plant like this. If I had specimens to experiment on I would take two plants like this, care for one as best as I can with little influence, and with the other I would trim off the poor looking areas. I wonder if the plant is even using those large droopy leaves, or perhaps they are making it difficult to grow. I would also trim the top of the stem, but that seems like it could be dangerous at the same time.

Good luck.

Edit: Oh, also, the forums have been sort of inactive the past few weeks. When summer rolled around everyone, including me, changed how much they come here. We go with the seasons it seems.
Ulmdorgr

Postby sircrf » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:44 am

Thanks for your help with this, the two top leaves just dont look good at all they got pretty mangled and its looking worse today (the top is not the rest of the plant) I see some new growth too still so thats good.
sircrf

Postby sircrf » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:53 pm

So I was wondering how I prune this I sorta drew over the picture but basic four leaves are going in every direction then two smaller leaves are growing under the bottom one. Im pretty sure this needs some sort of pruning. Image
sircrf

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:02 am

I hope boolie checks in on this one. I think he might know.

Well, you could just clip off one and see what happens, right?
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:16 am

do not know how hot it is inside there , if you use artificial light ( i am not onto it) --- make sure that artificial light is not to close to the plant ---it will burn the plant ---also--- maybe the soil is with plenty of fertilizers that can burn the plant aswell --- water only when the soil is almost dry ---

i would go for 20 celsius and with no artificial light -----ventilate more often ----

keep the plant inside the greenhouse --- move it on a west window -one meter away from it -with shade in the window -no direct sun

do not trim or prune the plant --leave it alone ----

if the stem is green ---the plant is ok -----

if the stem is brown ----anything from the brown upwards will shortly die --but-- you can save that if you take cuttings ---aim for green stem

when you take photos --bring the plant to natural light so we can see the real color of the plant ----do not photo under ultraviolet
nothim

Next

Return to The Graveyard