Photo contest (contest over)

Win Free Seeds Here.

Re: New contest

Postby PipeGnome » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:02 pm

just noticed the contest was over! anyway, here are some of the plants i had growing around my property last year.
Attachments
sd530034.jpg
the start of the budding stage.
img3674f.jpg
img3178y.jpg
not sure what it is, but its pretty!
img2947i.jpg
poppies!
There is no such thing as a fact, only the subjective opinions of others.
PipeGnome

Postby PipeGnome » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:37 pm

SF- that passionflower is gorgeous!!
PipeGnome

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Nice cannabis, pipegnome. Did you know that indica and ruderalis are legal to grow if they don't produce THC?
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby PipeGnome » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:14 pm

thanks!
ive heard its legal solely for hemp production, but then again, wasnt hemp made illegal in the first place because it was rivaling the cotton industry? isnt there still some sort of legal restriction on it?
PipeGnome

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Nope. Here's the text from the Controlled Substances Act,

U.S. Code: Title 21, § 802. Definitions wrote:The term “marihuana” means all parts of the plant Cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of such plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such plant, its seeds or resin. Such term does not include the mature stalks of such plant, fiber produced from such stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of such plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil, or cake, or the sterilized seed of such plant which is incapable of germination.

I added emphasis, bolding, in the quotation. It basically says that you can grow Cannabis indica or ruderalis, and harvest/sell their seeds legally, so long as they do not produce resin. Sterilized sativa seeds, hemp, oils, cakes, etc. are ALL LEGAL as long as you don't handle resin. The catch-22 comes into play when you realize that ALL cannabis plants produce THC. I've contacted a hemp farmers organization in Canada, and they said that they can only grow hemp if their strains produce very little THC (I was told they measure in parts per million; CO2 emissions/atmospheric concentrations are also measured in ppm).

Why is resin such a big deal? Because it can be used to get high. Are all cannabinoids illegal? Maybe (to my knowledge there are no legally psychoactive active principals in cannabis), however most are illegal because they are metabolites of THC. Also, to acquire them you have to have resin (illegal). Again, why is resin illegal? I can't answer why (I assume its due to the FDA's conclusion about having high addictive potential and no medical value), but I can tell you where it says it (this is under the Schedule I drug listings):

U.S. Code: Title 21, § 812. Schedules of controlled substances wrote:Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation, which contains any quantity of the following hallucinogenic substances, or which contains any of their salts, isomers, and salts of isomers whenever the existence of such salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation: ... Tetrahydrocannabinols.

Also, state laws have helped bring back hemp production. In Montana, SB261 was approved in 2001:
State Hemp Laws - NORML wrote:The Montana Legislature approved Senate Bill 261 recognizing industrial hemp having no more than 0.3 percent THC as an "agricultural crop." This legislation also establishes licensing procedures to allow local farmers to grow hemp commercially. An amendment to the bill requests the federal government to issue a "waiver that will allow this act to be effective without federal preemption."

Thus, hemp farmers in Montana have to abide by agricultural crop rules/laws/licenses/taxes.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby PipeGnome » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:23 pm

damn! i had no idea!
still though, trying to explain to that taser-wielding cop as he is busting through your door that your weed is not illegal and that he has no right there would be quite hard and painful. :(
we have a local brewery that makes a dank ass beer called Bongwater. it is brewed with hemp, and states on the bottle you would have to drink hundreds of gallons in about a half hours time (or something close to that) to achieve a bad reading on a piss test. well, because that was said, the FDA and DEA stepped in and shut them down untill they could tell how many PPM of THC there was in their brew. im not sure what they stated, but i can buy their beer again!
PipeGnome

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:38 pm

Kettlehouse Brewing Company eh? I'll hit it up if I'm ever out in those woods again.

Yup, the cops will take you down regardless. Until the FDA re-evaluates smoked marijuana under the new research done by California's Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research, we're stuck with Schedule I BS.
Ulmdorgr

Postby PipeGnome » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:30 am

its hella worth it. theres nothing like a fresh made brew!
what do you know of this new cali weed research?
PipeGnome

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:42 am

Ulmdorgr

Postby SF » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:29 pm

PipeGnome wrote:SF- that passionflower is gorgeous!!

thank you very much sir, that's a pretty hemp plants you have there.
SF
Site Admin

Postby sircrf » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:53 pm

I know this is over but... here would be my pic! Image
sircrf

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:22 am

Gotta love fresh, new growth.
Ulmdorgr

Postby salviapenman » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:21 pm

Chewy, I'm excited to see you post your new contest. I'd like to offer to boost your prizes (and possibly your participation). You will continue to be the judge and receive all the entries (it's your contest). When you send out the seed prizes you can also enclose 3 grams of salvia divinorum extract, 10X standardized. 3 grams in a ziplock won't increase your postage, but to some folks it will increase the motivation to enter your contest.

You'll notify me how many entrants you've had, and I'll supply enough packages. If you give me an address I'll send you a sample right nowfrom SalviaShippers.com so you see the quality of prize you're offering. Of course some entrants may live in a state where salvia is not legal and you won't send salvia won't to them, but that could leave extra salvia for you.
salviapenman

Postby sircrf » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:32 pm

salviapenman wrote:Chewy, I'm excited to see you post your new contest. I'd like to offer to boost your prizes (and possibly your participation). You will continue to be the judge and receive all the entries (it's your contest). When you send out the seed prizes you can also enclose 3 grams of salvia divinorum extract, 10X standardized. 3 grams in a ziplock won't increase your postage, but to some folks it will increase the motivation to enter your contest.

You'll notify me how many entrants you've had, and I'll supply enough packages. If you give me an address I'll send you a sample right nowfrom SalviaShippers.com so you see the quality of prize you're offering. Of course some entrants may live in a state where salvia is not legal and you won't send salvia won't to them, but that could leave extra salvia for you.

im pretty sure this contest is actually over.
Edit:Ohhhh sorry I didnt know that you want for it to happen again sorry. Just had a little bit of the sally d.
sircrf

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:06 pm

Chewy has been inactive for a while. He lives in a place where it is banned, so it's not that big of a deal.

I need to start working on my salvia product reviews so I can get some of those free samples...
Ulmdorgr

Previous

Return to Contests and Free Seeds