Koyaanisqatsi

Videos about salvia divinorum and other topics.

Koyaanisqatsi

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:57 pm

Koyaanisqatsi - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sps6C9u7ras
Duration 1:26:05

A documentary without words. I recommend watching this with people who you can have analyze/brainstorm ideas as it goes along. Although I haven't tried it, I expect this to be much more stimulating while stoned.

One thing I noticed: technology (like electronic billboards) distracts us from everything else that's going on...
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Re: Koyaanisqatsi

Postby RocketeerJim » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:06 pm

I agree with the electronic billboard comment. Commercials in the middle of contemplative films destroy the message. There's something ironic about moneychangers profiting from presenting environmental critique. "Let's give 'em what they want, and get paid for it." Still, a good movie.
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:43 am

Yeah. The return was only about half of the budget for the film, but regardless, people made money. People don't do anything in this world without money involved. The growers here wouldn't be here without it...

Good will plays a very little part in this world these days.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Just found out this is the first in a trilogy. The second film is called Powaqqatsi, and the third one is called Naqoyqatsi.
  1. Koyaanisqatsi (Life out of balance)
  2. Powaqqatsi (Life in transformation)
  3. Naqoyqatsi (Life as war)
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:22 pm

How amazing that you posted on this thread, Ulmy. For the past two days I've been thinking about watching this video again. So I'm going to do so right now!!
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby Unclejack » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:53 pm

I have seen this movie twice, once when sober and once when stoned. Both times were great and the music is just awesome too. Philip Glass did a nice job here. Some of the music is even used in Grand Theft Auto 4 (in the trailer and intro "Pruit Igoe", I believe). I do not remember things like electronic billboards or commercials though? I do remember that the scenes with the fast motion cars in the big cities and the flow of people in the metro's were awesome. The rocket at the end was the best though, only one word describes that and that is: "epic!".

The other 2 movies seemed not so great, my group of friends has all three movies, but we never actually watched the others. We scanned them and watched some parts of them both and after a while we decided we would just keep it at the most awesome of the series, Koyaanisqatsi.
Unclejack

Return to Videos