Working on genetics project- seed producing s.d.strain

Everything else. If you don't know where to post a topic, post it here.

Working on genetics project- seed producing s.d.strain

Postby slinky » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:08 pm

I am trying to acquire a paradox and hoffman strain salvia plant, as I am attempting to perfect, over several plant generations, a fertile seed-setting strain to call my own. I was not sure where to post this, But I will not make this drawn out. I am looking for a sponsor, Any donations or plants at lowered prices. I will keep Everyone up to date. I have worked on several plant genetics projects before, such as grafting and changing genotypes and phenotypes of plants with hand-pollination, but i have never attempted a shot at creating a new strain of salvia. thank you for reading this.
anything that i post here is fictional, for my entertainment, and not to be taken seriously.
slinky

Re: Working on genetics project- seed producing s.d.strain

Postby Loki » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:43 pm

this is something that i wanted to do, well try and do! seeds last a lot longer than a cutting or at leas as shiping terms go.

keep you stuff written down then transfer it to here! i am verry intrested on trying this when i get a few plants!
i suck at spelling!
Loki

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:07 pm

No one here, except maybe Nez, has non-Bunnell or Blosser strains. Please don't refer to the Bunnell strain with the name "Hoffman", as it is incorrect.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby slinky » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:07 pm

sorry, i was trying to remember the name, as they do escape me sometimes, and i thought it would be better to call it that than 'that strain, you know?' on another note, i have set up a possible thing... i mean that i will not be growing it outdoors. I am growing my plants in an insulated box, 5 feet long by 8 feet wide, with 2 sides. one side is for making the plants flower, and the other side is for the vegetative state. when trying to trigger flowering in salvia, wich is very hard for some, is acheived by (and i hope this is correct, i have done it before but it could have been a fluke) is to give it a light schedule of 12/12 then swithching to 6 hours of light, and 18 hours of dark. it needs total darkness to build up the hormone that induces flowering. nyways, if anybody is willing to donate, or give advice, i will be very appreciative. this is something that, should it work, be shared.
anything that i post here is fictional, for my entertainment, and not to be taken seriously.
slinky

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:47 pm

Yeah, I understand we all try our best. I'm just trying to educate people.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Return to General Discussion