does this sound like a good setup?

Everything else. If you don't know where to post a topic, post it here.

does this sound like a good setup?

Postby Loki » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:58 pm

seeing as i dont have anny salvias i was wondering and pondering if this sounds like a good way to to grow this type plant?

what i want to do is use a

sterilite storage tote the clear ones ( i think the dementions are 3'X2'X16"), a smaller sterilite tote upside down also the clear ones(to lift the plants off the bottom of the larger one and for drainage), a fogger in the center(this will have its own sealed pot or cup)!

this would be more for the growth of smaller plants. mother size plants would be 4 to a tote in seprate pots( the tote would be just a tote,with none of the extras).in winter i was thinking i would use a tube(fluorescent) or CFL's for light.

thanks!
i suck at spelling!
Loki

Re: does this sound like a good setup?

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi! What's a tote?
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Loki » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:Hi! What's a tote?
paste this to google or another search engine!" sterilite clear storage totes " i would post a pic but i am a fourm novice and a cpu retard! the good thing i can learn with time!
i suck at spelling!
Loki

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Ah. A plastic bin/tub. Gotcha!

CFLs are pretty awesome. Lighting boils down to your experiences with particular setups.

Sounds like it might work! As long as you can manage the temp and humidity you're set.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Loki » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:47 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:Ah. A plastic bin/tub. Gotcha!

CFLs are pretty awesome. Lighting boils down to your experiences with particular setups.

Sounds like it might work! As long as you can manage the temp and humidity you're set.

i am in the valley of sacramento,ca it gets over 100 once in a while(like a month-ish). i will have a top to the main tote(bin :D ). so the humidity will be good also that is what the inner tote(bin) will be for as it will be upside down so that water can be at the at the base of the big outer tote(bin) and act like a rain forest or.... the water table. i like science and problem solving as well as plants! this is like a game to me. i wont get plants untill a make a shopeing list of tote seizes and all of that other fun stuff like a place of employment for funds. i dont think i need the fogger at all it is just for looks to keep me ammused!
i suck at spelling!
Loki

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:06 pm

You will want a way to cool your plants a bit. They won't like it if the temp breaks 100 (90 is a safer threshold).
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:54 am

Do you mean like this one?

Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby Loki » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:14 am

Ulmdorgr wrote:You will want a way to cool your plants a bit. They won't like it if the temp breaks 100 (90 is a safer threshold).

yea the cooling is the only thing that i am working on! i wont have any salvias untill i winter,that is unless i find someone on this board that lives near sac and wants to give me a few cuttings. i belive in the pay it foward method. i have a few people that i want to share this plant and its history with!
i suck at spelling!
Loki

Postby Loki » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:37 am

RocketeerJim wrote:Do you mean like this one?

close jim. i was going to supper crop the plants letting the plants grow up to the top and then use the green plant plastic tape stuff and tie the plants down like the shape of a cap L. super cropping may give a higher clone rate then letting them grow like a normal salvia.and they wont take as much height as a standard plant. but i have time to think of ideas and all other ideas will be takin into concideration!
i suck at spelling!
Loki

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:50 pm

Jim is in CA :)
Ulmdorgr

Postby Loki » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:41 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:Jim is in CA :)

thanks, i saw :D ! though he is in so-cal and i am in nor-cal.
i suck at spelling!
Loki

Return to General Discussion