dream speculation

Everything else. If you don't know where to post a topic, post it here.

dream speculation

Postby DanG » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:36 am

Are dreams just hallucinations when we sleep?
Maybe when we sleep our senses are greatly deprived that's why our brain forces us to dream.
What do you guys think :?:
I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
-Nikos Kazantzakis

Use Your Cellphone Camera for Close-up/Macro Photography
DanG

Re: dream speculation

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:45 pm

I'm not sure, but I think a hallucination is supposed to be a misinterpretation of sensory input, or a creation of the mind, like a dream while awake. Dreams are more like your imagination taking over.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby DanG » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:47 am

Ulmy, isn't imagination the same as anything the mind creates?

Who the hell knows what dreams are about anyway? :lol:
It's like Near Death Experience or the "afterlife"... how can we be sure that it's the same for all. :?:
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:31 pm

It's our choice to believe between the two realities, however, waking life is primarily the result of external stimuli, whereas dreams are primarily internal. I say primarily because internal creations and external stimuli cross over between the two in some ways. For example, I've had my dreams influenced by people speaking, or if I wake up briefly and fall back to sleep it can greatly change the dream I try to go back to. Likewise, I've been able to create visual hallucinations in pure darkness or by doing different things like listening to binaural beats with my eyes closed.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby DanG » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:27 am

Reality is perceived by the mind. Without the mind there's no reality isn't it?
Internal and external stimuli goes through the same banana.
Man... why do i feel that there's more to this than what we can perceive :lol:
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby Dude » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:28 pm

DanG wrote:Are dreams just hallucinations when we sleep?
Maybe when we sleep our senses are greatly deprived that's why our brain forces us to dream.
What do you guys think :?:

The only thing I would rethink is this idea" greatly deprived", seems kinda negative,how about " Our senses relaxed, our brain allows us to Dream".
:geek:
Dude

Postby Dude » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:It's our choice to believe between the two realities, however, waking life is primarily the result of external stimuli, whereas dreams are primarily internal. I say primarily because internal creations and external stimuli cross over between the two in some ways. For example, I've had my dreams influenced by people speaking, or if I wake up briefly and fall back to sleep it can greatly change the dream I try to go back to. Likewise, I've been able to create visual hallucinations in pure darkness or by doing different things like listening to binaural beats with my eyes closed.

I think that is called "Lucid Dreaming".
:?
Dude

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:40 pm

No, lucid dreaming is becoming conscious while dreaming. Lucid living, well thats something today's world needs to work on.

Semi-off topic: last night I had a dream where I was in a grocery store and they were selling tons of salvia divinorum plants. There were like, six 10 ft. tall plants and a box of little ones. I was slow, so I got the last little one at the bottom of the box, and it was this terrible little cutting, I think it was just a leaf planted in the soil. After I had purchased it I thought that it was psychotria alba, the plant that has caused so much confusion among those who try to grow p. viridis. I was disappointed, ahaha.
Ulmdorgr

Postby DanG » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:10 pm

That seems to be reality to me lol. I don't even know which psychotria i have haha
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Return to General Discussion